Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow 3x19 Broken Arrow: Episode Discussion

broken arrow
3x19 - episode discussion

DOUG JONES GUEST STARS AS
DC COMICS’ VILLAIN DEATHBOLT

Lance (Paul Blackthorne) continues his mission to take down the Arrow (Stephen Amell) so Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) orders Oliver to keep a low profile. However, when a meta-human named Jake Simmons (guest star Doug Jones), who kills people with blasts of energy and plasma, starts terrorizing Starling City, Oliver is forced to ask Ray (Brandon Routh) for help. The unlikely duo is forced to team up to save the city.
Doug Aarniokoski directed the episode with story by Jake Coburn and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#319).

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 04-15-2015, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode should be good all of the last 5 should be
Old 04-16-2015, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Really quite depressed about Roy leaving

Laurel did not get enough screen time.. I mean jeez, god forbid they treat their lead actress like a freaking lead actress for once

The screen time that Laurel did get... she was AWESOME!!! Laurel keeps reminding me of why I continue to watch this show

Oliver.. meh.. I am always annoyed or bothered by him and it's becoming increasingly clear that that is not about to change anytime soon

Not here for Olicity and all their mopey blah scenes.

Lance is testing my patience.. I can let it go for now, but he better get his act reigned in shortly, especially when it comes to Laurel. Yes, she made a terrible mistake by not telling him about Sara, and yes that has action now has consequences that Laurel just has to deal with, but that doesn't mean she has to put up with his d**k-head behaviour forever.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 04-16-2015 at 03:55 AM
Old 04-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow about Roy and than Thea at the end

Oliver was so helpless but than his teaming up with Ray was pretty awesome
Old 04-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

^^pretty much the same.. the writers really piss me off with the decisions they make I'm grateful for the Black Canary development and scenes we've got this season. I am, but it doesn't mean that I'll just quietly sit through these episodes where she's literally there for only 2 minutes!!

I loved that she went against her dad's stubbornness and got Oliver out of jail. Quentin is just unbelievable these days, I can't put up with him. he's seeing red all the time, with the clearing out the lair and everything.
and Oliver? don't even get me started... the only thing he can do is tell Laurel off for everything she does for him, for the city, anyone a simple "thank you" would have sufficed for having his back for the millionth, and surely not the last time..

when I thought that Roy died I was sobbing for those two minutes until they revealed that it was just an act..the way this show is messing with my heart ughh..
and then Thea?????? my gosh I can't deal wth now??

I was really sad to see Roy go, and very mad at the same time because Laurel didn't get to be there and say goodbye to him. what about all the time they've spent together and them fighting side by side? so we're just supposed to forget about all that..great idea..

I know what happens next week with O/F and it doesn't bother me much.. Oliver isn't worth much anyways, I just think it pretty much belittles Felicity's character which I know many shippers don't care about one bit as long as they get those scenes. but, 1) she's still with Ray and I don't know what the reason would be right now for a break-up so there will only be like a few hours between the two things if they actually break up at all. 2) there's nothing really positive about Oliver other than his looks, but sure, give em fans what they want anyhow.

damn, I didn't mean to rant again but I feel like we're heading in a wrong direction again after doing well for a little while. if only the writers respected Laurel's character so she wouldn't just disappear into thin air after helping Oliver which she doesn't even get any credit for, then I wouldn't mind the rest so much. but this way? ...

Old 04-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I know what happens next week with O/F and it doesn't bother me much.. Oliver isn't worth much anyways, I just think it pretty much belittles Felicity's character which I know many shippers don't care about one bit as long as they get those scenes. but, 1) she's still with Ray and I don't know what the reason would be right now for a break-up so there will only be like a few hours between the two things if they actually break up at all. 2) there's nothing really positive about Oliver other than his looks, but sure, give em fans what they want anyhow.
I really hope from what we saw at the end of this episode of the look that Ray had by the car when Felicity is talking to Oliver he's coming to realize what is there between Oliver/Felicity. So I see Ray breaking up with her because of how she feels about Oliver, don't see her being the one to break up with him. She's running from her feelings and Ray is a fantastic guy, too bad can't be in love with two people.

I know that oh too well with my ships Stefan/Elena/Damon and my Lee/Kara/Sam
Old 04-16-2015, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

that would make sense I still think it's a bad decision but she's only human. if she doesn't want Ray I'd take him anytime

Old 04-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll take him too he's so cute and adorable and hilarious
Old 04-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

yepp, I wish he was real he's so perfect

Old 04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He is perfect isn't he

Did Felicity's comment in The Flash Barry's body with Oliver's something, that's Ray
Old 04-17-2015, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah that was funny she gets all the great guys, it's not fair

Last edited by JoJoF92; 04-17-2015 at 04:16 AM
Old 04-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was pretty much disappointed with this episode..

I am sooo angry laurelw as in there only one scene.. I mean, seriously?

She and Roy fought a lot and then she isn't there at all to say goodbye? Not okay. I mean first they all act like she's in the team and now nothing?

Roy leaving is so sad.. What is it with Colton he never stayes at a show for more than three years?

Thea can't wait for what will happen now.

Only goodish thing was Cisco and the funny scenes with Ray..

For next week.. I just really hope Felicity will cheat on Ray.. he doesn't deserve this and it would totally be out of charcter for her.. and that would kinda ruin it for me :nod.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 04-22-2015, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

If Felicity cheats on Ray would be ruined for me; want this but not that badly
Old 04-24-2015, 01:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really glad they didn't go there :relieved:

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 04-24-2015, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too cause would have been furious and this epicness would have been ruined for me