Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Thank you I can't wait to et my copy

Quote:
Steve can get a little too self-righteous.
See, I think they tone that down in the movies. Instead of self righteous, he comes off as stubborn, yes, but he still tries to do his best for everyone I think he often tries to please too many people, and that is what I loved about CW, because he finally does something that he believes in, and he finally acts a little selfishly and that's good. I think Steve deserves to be just a little selfish.
- Dylan
|| STILES ● STILINSKI ♥♥♥ || #teenwolf ||
Harry Styles || Dylan O'Brien || Louis Tomlinson
Old 08-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know Chris has said the thing he wants Cap to do in future movies was to make a mistake since he's always right.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link! Hmmm, should I watch it or wait for the DVD lol.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

So awesome

STAN LEE | (1922 - 2018)
Old 08-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Did you watch it, Petra?
Old 08-26-2016, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the links!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
See, I think they tone that down in the movies. Instead of self righteous, he comes off as stubborn, yes, but he still tries to do his best for everyone I think he often tries to please too many people, and that is what I loved about CW, because he finally does something that he believes in, and he finally acts a little selfishly and that's good. I think Steve deserves to be just a little selfish.
I never read the comics, so I can't comment on that part, but yeah I never thought he was self-righteous in the films. A bit stubborn, but never in a won't see your point of view kind of way. He was willing to sign the accords if they changed a few things, but that all went out the window when Wanda's right and Bucky's right were being taken away. I mean did Tony really think he had that much power to change the accords after they sign (no way would they change them)... Anyway when Steve believes in something he sticks to it. I agree with you on the other points. He's been putting others before himself so much. It was nice to see him do something he wanted and even that act was done to protect someone who didn't deserve the treatment he was being given.

As for Tony.... We'll leave it at that.
Old 08-27-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tony is a special case. I love the guy to death, but I want to strangle him for his boneheaded decisions.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Did you watch it, Petra?
Yep it was on my Instagram news feed

STAN LEE | (1922 - 2018)
Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched it yet. Read it was super short though.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)

I never read the comics, so I can't comment on that part, but yeah I never thought he was self-righteous in the films. A bit stubborn, but never in a won't see your point of view kind of way. He was willing to sign the accords if they changed a few things, but that all went out the window when Wanda's right and Bucky's right were being taken away. I mean did Tony really think he had that much power to change the accords after they sign (no way would they change them)... Anyway when Steve believes in something he sticks to it. I agree with you on the other points. He's been putting others before himself so much. It was nice to see him do something he wanted and even that act was done to protect someone who didn't deserve the treatment he was being given.

As for Tony.... We'll leave it at that.
My brothers read the comics, but I have often looked through them. I don't even really see Cap as self righteous in the comics either But maybe that is just my movie bias coming through

But yes, I totally agree on all points. I love and admire Steve Rogers (he is my favourite avenger for a reason ), but he is not above making mistakes and when he does, I have no problems calling him out. I just don't think he is being self righteous or stubborn in Civil War. I actually think he handles the whole situation really well. I also happen to agree with him about the accords.

I like Tony, and I enjoy the Iron Man movies, but he does tend to get on my nerves quite a bit. I have no problems admitting that I am Team Steve/Captain America
- Dylan
Old 09-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, totally I thought he handled the whole accords the best he could in the whole situation. While I get Tony's point to a degree, though I felt it was more about himself than anything, I was 100% on Steve's side regarding the accords especially with how the MCU world works. I'm with you I'm 100% Team Cap and he's my favorite Avenger too.

It gets a bit frustrating how it seems that quiet a few people give Tony so much leeway to all the problems he has created himself, but Steve gets flayed when he's isn't completely perfect. My biggest issue with Tony is that he's very wishy washy never really learning or really facing any consequences (not since the first Iron Man at least), so him acting the way he did in Civil War rubbed me the wrong way. All of sudden "they" need to have oversight...Funny enough too some of the people who did sign the accords ended up breaking them...yet they're somehow justified in doing so by some people...Steve who didn't sign them and was protecting his friend on the other hand...
Old 09-03-2016, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Dylan O'Brien

I understand why the government wants the accords and in some ways I get it, but I agree with Steve. Governments always have agenda's. Neither way is perfect and that is what made the whole team cap/team ironman so good, because both sides have serious legitimate points. I just happen to agree with Steve more. I have always admired Steve's characteristics and in Civil War I manage to admire him even more

I don't like fandom hypocrisy, and I am not a fan of the blatant hypocrisy that Tony displays in this movie either. I often find Tony to be over the top (funny but arrogant and showboat-y. I usually just shrug it off because he isn't exactly a favourite avenger of mine. I certainly don't hate him, but he can get on my nerves, and I like to deal with him in small amounts ), but in Civil War, I find him at times to be unbearable. I seriously want to smack his face at some points throughout this movie.
- Dylan
Old 09-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, this fandom has hypocrisy in spades. I found Tony wanting to be held accountable for their actions laughable. Didn't he spend all of the Iron Man movies telling/showing us how much he hated the government? It's because of Tony that the Accords were even a thing. Tony's not sorry because he truly feels remorse, he's only sorry because someone called him on his bs. I came across this Tumblr post and some of the replies to the original post perfectly illustrates what we are saying. Sure Tony has problems, but so does everyone else and yet they don't act out like Tony does. Tony Stark Needs A Hug

Last edited by miranstarr; 09-03-2016 at 04:57 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top