Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I watch them with my 6 year old nephew and by myself.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watch them on replay because Sundays I'm watching sports news or football previews
Old 01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No question I'm on Cap/Steve's side. lol

There two things that I really, really, really want from this film. One - That Steve doesn't die. He's the only Captain America to me. It's not like Marvel doesn't have a ton of things on their slate where Chris can't take breaks from doing these films and do others. To me he's Captain America/Steve Rodgers as much as Robert is Iron Man/Tony, irreplaceable, character wise and actor wise, at least for a very, very long time. Also to add onto it the whole thing with Chris wanting to finish making Captain America films has been exaggerated/taken out of context. Chris made a statement about it and it seems like he is more willing to do more Captain America films in the future. Two - That this stays a Steve Rodgers/Captain America film. I worry about the screentime and focus with Tony/Robert being apart of the film.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
No question I'm on Cap/Steve's side. lol

There two things that I really, really, really want from this film. One - That Steve doesn't die. He's the only Captain America to me. It's not like Marvel doesn't have a ton of things on their slate where Chris can't take breaks from doing these films and do others. To me he's Captain America/Steve Rodgers as much as Robert is Iron Man/Tony, irreplaceable, character wise and actor wise, at least for a very, very long time. Also to add onto it the whole thing with Chris wanting to finish making Captain America films has been exaggerated/taken out of context. Chris made a statement about it and it seems like he is more willing to do more Captain America films in the future. Two - That this stays a Steve Rodgers/Captain America film. I worry about the screentime and focus with Tony/Robert being apart of the film.
I would think Iron Man screen time would help the film just like Falcon/ Black Widow helped the one last year
Old 01-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Part of me is glad that Iron Man is gonna be a big part of this movie (at least that's what it looks like) because Iron Man is very popular and it's a good way to make more people watch the movie and beat Batman vs Superman in the box office But the other part of me wants a movie that is just Cap's, with his own stuff and his journey with Bucky/Nat/Falcon. Having read the comics, I think it's too early to make the Civil War storyline happen without hurting some characters' development.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I would think Iron Man screen time would help the film just like Falcon/ Black Widow helped the one last year
I'm hoping that's the case.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Found the quote from Kevin Feige on my Tumblr.

Quote:
"It’s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question." - Kevin Feige about Civil War
Old 01-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

atm.... there is Shield...but it's more like a skeleton crew around the world and Phil Colson is the Director but must work behind the scenes

but we'll never see Shiled as it once was
Old 01-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
"It’s not about the secret identity thing, as much as it is about, overall, who reports to who, and who can agree to oversight committee. Because as of now, in Avengers 2, there is no more security council, there is no SHIELD, obviously. Stark is paying for it, Captain America is running it, and things occur that will make governments begin to question." - Kevin Feige about Civil War
Interesting, that makes sense, since the MCU doesn't have the whole range of masked characters running around that the Marvel Comics did. There's not Mutants, Externals, Eternals, Aliens (Kree/Srull/Shi'ar), Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, not even Inhumans (unless they use CA3 to introduce them).

The world will obviously expand to include Inhumans and Aliens (unless they alter Captain Marvel's origins) but not in time for Civil War.

I love RDJ as Iron Man but I do worry that Iron Man will overshadow Captain America in this movie.

Last edited by DarkStar; 01-07-2015 at 12:13 PM
Old 01-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I think with Avengers.... Iron Man did not dominate the move in screen time....well, after Age of Ulton...we'll know more about the Civil War storyline
Old 01-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
I think with Avengers.... Iron Man did not dominate the move in screen time....well, after Age of Ulton...we'll know more about the Civil War storyline
Interesting, I thought Iron Man definitely dominated The Avengers storyline, he even got big hero moment.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar (View Post)
Interesting, I thought Iron Man definitely dominated The Avengers storyline, he even got big hero moment.
yea...the end was definately Iron Man...but Hulk was there to catch him

I wonder if we can sneak Loki into the Civil War storyline... maybe he can disguise himself as government official
Old 01-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

At the moment, I think the next movie he will be in will be Thor: Ragnarok. He will have a scene in Age of Ultron, but it's still unknown whether it's in the movie itself or one of the end credit scenes.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
I watch them with my 6 year old nephew and by myself.
There you go! My nephew is only 6 months old.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't seen my neices in over a year and rarely talk to my brother...but both are under 5 I think

I forgot to ask my brother if he saw Capt. America 2
Closed Thread   Post New Thread