Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2018, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know I'm sure Teresa knew what she was talking about and that the serum alone couldn't help him at that stage but he had very little time anyway to turn it all back..

Old 01-30-2018, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Remind me how he saved Brenda? How did she get his blood?

Quote:
Thomas' blood could not cure Newt because he looked like he already turned. If his blood killed the virus then at that point all it could do was kill Newt as well because after turning, it's the virus that keeps them 'alive'
I will tell myself this because otherwise I cant bear it.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ Someone who used to work for WCKD had some of the serum and mixed Thomas' blood with the serum and that is how Brenda was cured. The woman left WCKD for 'The Right Arm' when she realised exactly what WCKD were willing to do to get a cure.

Thomas' blood has to be separated.. there is some enzyme in their blood that makes the immunes immune, but their blood as whole is not the cure.. it has something to do with taking something out of their blood. I mean that is what they were doing in the lab with Janson... Janson couldn't simply just use Thomas' blood to get healthy, otherwise he would have done that... he had to wait while Teresa concocted the mixture of Thomas' blood and whatever it is that they do with it.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 01-30-2018 at 04:02 AM
Old 01-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Newt had never fully turned in the film. He snapped in and out of it like in the book. Yeah he rose up off the floor and slowly turned all dramatically. But half way through fighting he begged Thomas to kill him and tried to commit suicide. He had not turned as the fully infected cannot do that. Anyone who thinks he had turned obviously weren't paying close attention.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think he had little spurts but he was pretty close to turning.

If they had to a mixture they probably wouldnt have time even after brenda reached him. Did it need to be done in the lab?
Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

If they had to a mixture they probably wouldnt have time even after brenda reached him. Did it need to be done in the lab?
Brenda already had the mixture. It was the very same mixture that cured her. Brenda probably carried extra because the woman that made it out of Thomas' blood had said that it wasn't a cure, and that it just held the disease at bay for a while.. she didn't realise Thomas' blood was the answer they were looking for
Old 02-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

oh that was still that old mixture? I didn't catch that I thought it was some of the serum Gally'd taken from WCKD

Old 02-01-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
oh that was still that old mixture? I didn't catch that I thought it was some of the serum Gally'd taken from WCKD
Hmmmm.... it honestly could have been. They don't really give a lot of exposition in these films, so it gets kind of murky when trying to figure stuff out
Old 02-02-2018, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought it was from wicked too. But my point was, he couldnt just drink it anyways right, like it still had to be injected into his blood?

i dont know. lol
Old 02-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

^^ I guess they leave it up to us

I remember in the first movie, Teresa just kinda stabbed it into Alby's chest so there's more ways to it

Old 02-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ Pretty much

I do think the actual serum has to be injected.. I don't think drinking it would be effective at all. It has to enter your bloodstream.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

that's probably right how gross would it be anyway if they had to drink it

Old 02-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay that makes sense, but they could have stabbed it into him then? lol.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Brenda didn't get the serum to Thomas in time. They also had to mix it with Thomas' blood, and then they would have had to find some sort of hollow point to be able to stick it into Newt. It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances that made it impossible to save Newt. Was it a silly bunch of circumstances? Yes, but they needed the emotional impact of so close yet not close enough, just so that it would hurt the audience and Thomas more when Newt died
Old 02-05-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

they sure did succeed cause it hurt so much