Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It'll be interesting to see what he does with it!

Oh yeah, I loved the movie too! I remember when I first saw it, and how different it was from the book, I wasn't really upset just because so much happens in the book that it would be hard to put it all on film. So I still really liked what they did with the film even though I loved the book so much!
Old 10-21-2016, 09:52 PM
Graphics Team

^ You're right about the amount of stuff that probably wouldn't end up in the film but it really is amazing just how different the book is to the film. I could understand annoyed fans who didn't like the film though
Old 03-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I can definitely understand why book lovers would be upset!
Old 03-27-2017, 06:27 PM
Graphics Team

I really do hope they do well with this upcoming film but I can't help but feel a little apprehensive
Old 03-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm a little nervous as well if I'm being honest
Old 03-31-2017, 04:03 PM
Graphics Team

I really don't want them to screw this film up
Old 03-30-2018, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Xo, Kitty

I just finished this book and I have to say, I am a bit disappointed...

I thought the book started out really great, better than book 2 imo, and everything they were doing was really cool and interesting to read. But I hated the lack of Newt. He got sick so early on and we didnt get to see much of him. Then when we did see him again Thomas had to kill him. It was still impactful and it made me sad but it didnt have quite the same effect as the movie did.

Then we get to the ending and it just felt SO RUSHED to me. Like the whole battle part of it happened so fast. He killed Janson so fast, and Teresa's death... wow that was SO rushed. Like literally, it all happened on one page! They skipped over it so freaking quickly and Thomas didnt even seem upset. Then BOOM it was basically the end of the book. And Teresa and Thomas never really got a last moment together or true moment of closure or anything.

I felt the movie was 100x better at conveying all the emotion and dragging things out to feel more complete. The ending of the book in general was a bit lame to me too. Like, the chancellor helped them and then tries to claim that was her back up plan all along? IDK, it just felt kind of tacked on to me, like the author got tired of writing the books and just wanted to bring it to a conclusion. Meh... a bit disappointed tbh. I was obsessed with the first book and the last two just didnt have quite the same kick for me.

Last edited by Alexa; 03-30-2018 at 10:22 PM
Old 04-27-2018, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ I agree I think the film was much better in this case, especially the parts with Thomas and Teresa. they got to spend more time together than in the book and I always felt that Teresa's death wasn't respectful to her character at all, and it happened in the last couple pages before the very end, which Dashner had clearly intended to do since the beginning but he ran out of time probably and couldn't think of a better way to do it and Thomas moved on so quickly..that was not okay on any level. the film did much better. I still wished she'd have got to live of course but she truly redeemed herself if some felt the need for that, and she could be sure that Thomas had forgiven her so she accepted her fate in light of that. it was still very painful but it was a better ending..

Old 05-27-2018, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do the movies stay pretty close to the books?
Emily