Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Asgard {OT Thread} #5: Ah, spring - budding flowers, blooming trees, longer days... and we're still indoor watching TV.

Old 04-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt, Fran!
Old 04-10-2016, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem!

Sorry I missed your last post in the previous thread - what's up with the story of the death threats? O_o
Old 04-10-2016, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

When Emily was announced as coming back for Civil War, she got a bunch of death threats on Twitter. In the past few weeks, the Stucky shippers have been really gross to her (well, they've always been). Apparently, we found out today that a kiss happens in the movie and it's not Steve/Bucky and now the Stucky shippers are all crying and being overly dramatic about how they're going to kill themselves because Marvel hates them and homosexuals and loves heteronormative relationships. It has nothing to do with Steve/Sharon they claim, but half of the posts/comments are all about how Sharon is so gross and a bitch and she must have done something to make Steve not love Bucky like we know he does. Never mind the fact that the Russos and Sebastian have said it's a brotherly love between Steve/Bucky. Oh, yeah people called Sebastian homophobic for making the brotherly love comment too. Please do me a favor and kill yourselves. It would rid the world of your stupidity.

This is probably why Emily is doing promo with Team Iron Man even though she's said several times that she's Team Cap. Today, during her Twitter interview, she repeatedly said she was Team Cap. I think Marvel realizes how the fandom treats her/her character and putting her with Team Iron Man for the press tour is supposed to alleviate some of the pressure off of her. I can't imagine what some fans would do if she actually had to sit next to Chris during an interview or of they were asked to talk about Steve and Sharon's relationship in the comics/movies. Things have gotten super ugly and tense the closer the movie gets. I just want these damn people to leave Emily alone. She has no control over what happens between fictional characters and she doesn't deserve the hatred the fandom keeps heaping on her because she poses a threat to their ship. From what I've seen, most of the shippers don't even care about gay rights/relationships in Marvel, they just want their two favorite white dudes to have sex. The MCU shipping fandom can be such trash sometimes.

Last edited by miranstarr; 04-10-2016 at 04:27 PM
Old 04-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

TFTNT, Fran.

Oh wow.

Donna
Old 04-11-2016, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yikes, and here I thought the ugliness would come out from the Steve/Bucky shippers arguing with the Steve/Tony ones.
I will never understand why the fans even target the actors behind the characters, it doesn't make sense even on an emotional level if we want to call it that - they don't write their own parts, even primary school kids know this.
And death threats?! What the hell.
Another reason to be glad I'm mostly off tumblr and twitter, this stuff just keeps repeating itself like a curse.

I have a wedding party in two weeks and I have to go alone. Someone come save me, I'm already dreading the third degree I'll get from relatives I see once every two years and care nothing about but they still feel close enough to have no filter and mind and judge me to their heart's content.
Old 04-12-2016, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I'm sorry Fran.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Donna
Old 04-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I have a wedding party in two weeks and I have to go alone. Someone come save me, I'm already dreading the third degree I'll get from relatives I see once every two years and care nothing about but they still feel close enough to have no filter and mind and judge me to their heart's content.
I'll go with you, you can announce me as your sister, and we can watch the confusion and hilarity that ensues.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I will be on and off of until May 9th. I have 2 papers and a final exam due.

Donna
Old 04-13-2016, 11:11 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Yikes, and here I thought the ugliness would come out from the Steve/Bucky shippers arguing with the Steve/Tony ones.
I will never understand why the fans even target the actors behind the characters, it doesn't make sense even on an emotional level if we want to call it that - they don't write their own parts, even primary school kids know this.
And death threats?! What the hell.
Another reason to be glad I'm mostly off tumblr and twitter, this stuff just keeps repeating itself like a curse.

Old 04-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so used to being judged that now it just rolls off me lol.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awwe Fran. My grandparents ask me each week if I have found a boyfriend yet. So I understand. Family friends also ask my parents every so often. I just tell them the more they push, the more I just want to stay single for the rest of my life!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Booo, weekends almost over.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

Hi everyone. I'm taking a break from my assignments.

Donna
Old 04-19-2016, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hiya, Donna.

About to go to bed lol.