Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Add meeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Seriously the best and most unique pairing on TV today.
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 11-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have loved to see her pick herself as well, but I think Leo is the better choice if she really had choose one of the guys, if not just to get closure.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

added you

i love you. ♡
Old 11-11-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Maybe it's why she picked him. He likes her and it makes her feel special. A hot jock paying attention to an intellectual outsider? What are the odds outside of the hospital?
It doesn't help her condition though. She picked him but she still doesn't understand why he likes her and doesn't like herself.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully Leo will show her why he likes her and will help her learn to love herself too. An important part of learning to love yourself is surrounding yourself with people who lift you up and love you for you. She's not going to figure it out hiding in her room and keeping everyone who cares about her at arm's length. Leo can help her learn to love herself, he can help her see herself through his eyes.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 11-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
It doesn't help her condition though. She picked him but she still doesn't understand why he likes her and doesn't like herself.
It doesn't,but I think it's like Brittany said-Emma is too comfortable at the hospital. She's not trying because she has Leo,she's considered the smart one,she has a great room and she likes the people around her. High school is brutal and aside from her seeming awesome because she's so scrawny,she probably doesn't fit in.

I know she thinks she's fat,If she thinks she's ugly,that's heartbreaking.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was actually talking about this with a friend last night, in a completely different context, but I guess the saying "how can you expect someone to love you if you don't love yourself" comes to mind here. I don't believe in that saying, and I think Leo and Emma are prove that it is false, but I do think that it's important for Emma to start accepting herself if not just as a step in her recovery, and I hope Leo can help her with that. I don't want to let her entire self-worth depend on him, but someone making you see how amazing you are can definitely help, I think.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

Add me please
I'm glad the whole love triangle thing is done, it was my least favorite part of the show by far! I agree with what you guys are saying about Leo helping Emma to accept herself, I'm glad she chose Leo but a part of me was hoping she would choose working on liking herself. But I think being with him might help her to see the things she likes about herself and set her on the right track to recovery.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:11 PM
Master Fan

He didn't stand up for her and his friend was being a . I know she said sorry,but people keep mocking that poor child. If even Leo doesn't get it, why would she try? It was huge that she had some of the cookie,but he needs to try harder.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was on Leo's side about not telling his friends beforehand about her condition because that is her story to tell, but he absolutely should have stepped in. That girl was a nightmare.

I did love the cookie scene, though. The way he was watching her as she took that bite... <3

Old 11-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the starlight (View Post)
I was on Leo's side about not telling his friends beforehand about her condition because that is her story to tell, but he absolutely should have stepped in. That girl was a nightmare.

I did love the cookie scene, though. The way he was watching her as she took that bite... <3
What pissed me off the most was how self-righteous she was. It's like, who asked you? Even when she knew it was uncalled for,she kept going. If I were Emma, I would have run off. You can't just mind a stranger's business like that. I mean, if she had say, PCOS,would that cow have asked her a million questions about how badly she wanted kids?
Old 11-12-2014, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Completely agree. I couldn't even wrap my mind around it. Like, slow suicide? FOR REAL.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Master Fan

What I don't get is why everyone thinks her ED is a joke. Yes,she's not confined to the place,but Leo never puts himself in her shoes. It's why things fell apart last time and they could this time,too. She has severe anorexia, food was giving her a mini-panic attack,she was overwhelmed by new people and she's already shy and awkward by nature. This was why I initially liked her with Jordi. He's an outsider like her and he'd get her the way a popular jock like Leo never could.

She doesn't like herself,she's frail and if he loves her,he needs to take care of her. She's not strong like he is and eating that cookie was an amazing moment for them.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Elite Fan

I agree that it's not his story to tell so I don't think he was in the wrong not telling them. And yes that girl did go overboard. I mean I can see where it would be hard for someone not going through what Emma is, especially someone who clearly has a healthy self esteem, to understand Emma's condition but it is a serious psychological condition that usually is a lifelong battle. She didn't choose to feel this way and it's not something you can just magically get over. I can understand Leo's point of view but he probably still should've stood up for her and just told that girl to drop it. Even if he couldn't exactly defend her condition, he could've seen the conversation as inappropriate and stopped it. I do think Emma needs to open up to him more. Help him understand why she feels the way she does. I think she wants to get better but maybe got stuck in rut there for awhile. I loved the cookie moment. I think Leo is good for her. He's a reason for her to really try and work through her issues. I think he makes her want to get better. It's just anorexia is a complicated disease and he is going to have be patient with her.

I am worried about that scene in the promo for next week where Emma is having some kind of breakdown and throwing things. I wonder what that's about? I really hope it's not about Leo. I love these two so much.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/