Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2015, 11:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

2 hr Series Finale Discussion Thread (1x12) & (1x13) Air Date 2/7/15 !! SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Red Band Society - Episode 1.12 - We'll Always Have Paris/ Episode 1.13 - Waiting For Superman (Two Hour Season Finale)
EPISODE DISCUSSION THREAD - BEWARE OF SPOILERS!!!!

Quote:

NEW HOPE, DEADLY LOVE AND FACING FEARS ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF "RED BAND SOCIETY" SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 7, ON FOX

The group copes with the loss of one of their own, which results in new hope for one of them. Love is in the air as Nurse Jackson and Dr. Naday take things to a new level, however Dash's love interest could cost him his life. Shocking news leads to new hope and Emma and Kara start facing their family issues in the all-new "We'll Always Have Paris/Waiting For Superman" special two-hour Season Finale of RED BAND SOCIETY airing Saturday, Feb. 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (RBS-112/113) (TV-14 D, L, S)

Cast: Octavia Spencer as Nurse Jackson, Griffin Gluck as Charlie, Zoe Levin as Kara, Dave Annable as Dr. McAndrew, Rebecca Rittenhouse as Nurse Dobler, Charlie Rowe as Leo, Brian Bradley as Dash, Ciara Bravo as Emma, Nolan Sotillo as Jordi

Guest Cast: Wilson Cruz as Kenji Gomez-Rejon, Mandy Moore as Dr. Erin Grace, Thomas Ian Nicholas as Nick, Daren Kagasoff as Hunter Cole, Adrian Lester as Dr. Naday, Jes Macallan as Ashley Cole, Andrea Parker as Sarah Souders, Jessica Lu as Mae, Susie Spear as Dr. Morrison, David Peters as the Anesthesiologist, Lacy Kell Camp as Lindsay Cole, Bertila Damas as Alma Quintana Leon, Robert Treveiler as Dr. Parker, Rebecca McFarland as Sylvia, John Allen Nelson as Jon Chota, Marin Hinkle as Caroline Chota, Joe Knezevich as Dr. Jefferies, Claire Wineland as Claire and Jason Ensler as Doctor.

Quote:
The coming-of-age drama concludes with three all-new episodes. On Jan. 31 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), someone’s unexpected return reveals a betrayal, while another “red bander” fights for freedom. Then, the group copes with the loss of one of their own. On the special two-hour Season Finale airing Feb. 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), love is in the air as Nurse Jackson (Octavia Spencer) and Dr. Naday (guest star Adrian Lester) take things to a new level, while Dash’s (Brian Bradley) love interest could cost him his life; Emma (Ciara Bravo) and Kara (Zoe Levin) start facing their family issues; and a shocking revelation and a new development lead to new hope for some and setbacks for others.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 02-09-2015 at 06:21 PM
Old 02-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ok I think I went through a whole box of tissues watching this entire 2 part episode. It was very emotional and I am so sad to see that this show got canceled.
My LJ
Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

me tooo.. so many emotional scenes throughout this episode. the scene that really got me was when leo's mom asked about calling his his make a wish request. i wonder what his wish was?

ok why did they pick the rolling stone's song "cant always get what you want". was that fox telling us sorry they are ending the show. seemed like such a slap in the face to me.

i loved the hunter and kara scenes. hunter making her change her mind and fight for her life and accept his heart. she has come a long ways from the kara when we first met her on the show. i still hate that they killed hunter off. he truly helped kara become the better person that she is.

i felt bad for nurse jackson, she was just starting to open up and let dr naday into her life only for him to leave.

there was no enough kenji in these last two episodes

why didnt anyone have any pizza ready for charlie before he went home? thats all he wanted when he was in the coma.
Old 02-10-2015, 02:57 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

It really was a very emotional finale, both with what was happening and with it being the last 2 hours of RBS we'll ever see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR (View Post)
me tooo.. so many emotional scenes throughout this episode. the scene that really got me was when leo's mom asked about calling his his make a wish request. i wonder what his wish was?
That was heartbreaking. She realized a trial was a last resort when everything else is not going to work anymore. It's so sad and Leo shutting down after he found out about the news was very realistic, I felt so bad for him.

Quote:
ok why did they pick the rolling stone's song "cant always get what you want". was that fox telling us sorry they are ending the show. seemed like such a slap in the face to me.
If you saw the interview I posted in the News thread, the EP talks about that and she says she wanted it because it was kind of the theme for the show, those kids didn't want to be sick and didn't want the treatment not to work for some of them but it happened and being sick gave them new friends and a new outlook on life, something they probably needed. But yeah it definitely works for us not getting what we wanted, but this is not what we needed either.

Quote:
i loved the hunter and kara scenes. hunter making her change her mind and fight for her life and accept his heart. she has come a long ways from the kara when we first met her on the show. i still hate that they killed hunter off. he truly helped kara become the better person that she is.
I loved the whole finale but those scenes were some of my favourites. I love that Hunter made Paris good again for Kara and how she showed him and told him how much she loves him and it was all so sweet and I hate that they killed him off too. It would have been worse had the show been renewed and we would have had to live with watching more of the show knowing he was gone.

Quote:
i felt bad for nurse jackson, she was just starting to open up and let dr naday into her life only for him to leave.
I hated that it happened that way. She needed someone like him in her life, it's sad she's going to lose him.

Quote:
why didnt anyone have any pizza ready for charlie before he went home? thats all he wanted when he was in the coma.
It would have been a nice touch but I actually watched the Pilot again last night and when Charlie told Kara to get him pizza, it was only to see if the smell would wake him up from the coma, not just because was craving it or missed it. Was it just me or did awake!Charlie seem more mature than voiceover!Charlie? He was so calm and formal saying goodbye to Leo and Nurse Jackson

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 02-10-2015, 07:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
If you saw the interview I posted in the News thread, the EP talks about that and she says she wanted it because it was kind of the theme for the show, those kids didn't want to be sick and didn't want the treatment not to work for some of them but it happened and being sick gave them new friends and a new outlook on life, something they probably needed. But yeah it definitely works for us not getting what we wanted, but this is not what we needed either.
yeah i read that after i posted that. i still want to know what leo's wish would have been.

Quote:
I loved the whole finale but those scenes were some of my favourites. I love that Hunter made Paris good again for Kara and how she showed him and told him how much she loves him and it was all so sweet and I hate that they killed him off too. It would have been worse had the show been renewed and we would have had to live with watching more of the show knowing he was gone.
yeah but if it was renewed, i would have liked to see what kara would have done with her life now that she has this new outlook on everything. she has truly changed a lot since we first met her in the pilot. i hope she does well now that she has a heart she is no longer the mean cheerleader anymore.

Quote:
I hated that it happened that way. She needed someone like him in her life, it's sad she's going to lose him.
i agree i was really hoping he would change his mind and stay at the last minute

Quote:
It would have been a nice touch but I actually watched the Pilot again last night and when Charlie told Kara to get him pizza, it was only to see if the smell would wake him up from the coma, not just because was craving it or missed it. Was it just me or did awake!Charlie seem more mature than voiceover!Charlie? He was so calm and formal saying goodbye to Leo and Nurse Jackson
yeah he did seem more mature when he woke up, guess i was expecting him to be more like a giddy little kid. happy to be awake and alive.
Old 02-11-2015, 03:25 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenR (View Post)
yeah i read that after i posted that. i still want to know what leo's wish would have been.
Yeah I wish we knew what it was too.

Quote:
yeah but if it was renewed, i would have liked to see what kara would have done with her life now that she has this new outlook on everything. she has truly changed a lot since we first met her in the pilot. i hope she does well now that she has a heart she is no longer the mean cheerleader anymore.
I just meant from the Hunter character perspective, having loved him so much and then having to accept that in the later episodes. But yeah it would have been really interesting to see how Kara's interactions with everyone changes, especially when she goes back to the real world where last they saw her, she was the mean cheerleader. I guess we did see a bit of a peek at it when she told Dr. McAndrew and Nurse Jackson that she loves them.

Quote:
i agree i was really hoping he would change his mind and stay at the last minute
I was hoping he wouldn't go either. I hope either his work there ended and he came back or she found someone else.

Quote:
yeah he did seem more mature when he woke up, guess i was expecting him to be more like a giddy little kid. happy to be awake and alive.
Yeah exactly, his voiceovers were so animated and lively.

| ray
Old 02-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I just meant from the Hunter character perspective, having loved him so much and then having to accept that in the later episodes. But yeah it would have been really interesting to see how Kara's interactions with everyone changes, especially when she goes back to the real world where last they saw her, she was the mean cheerleader. I guess we did see a bit of a peek at it when she told Dr. McAndrew and Nurse Jackson that she loves them.
yeah being in the hospital is one thing, but i would have liked to known what she would have been like back in the real world again. highschool is almost over for her id imagine. graduation coming up.

Quote:
I was hoping he wouldn't go either. I hope either his work there ended and he came back or she found someone else.
i hope so too
Old 02-25-2015, 05:55 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I hope her attitude gets better outside the hospital too.

| ray
Old 02-25-2015, 11:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i hope she doesnt go back to her old routine again
she was doing so well in the hospital
Old 03-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finally watched it

it did have its emotional moments and sad that it got cancelled
so much potential

I love you