Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

Zelda Appreciation Thread #3 : Breath of the Wild - DLC 2 coming out December 2017!!

Only 1 and a half weeks to go until we can play it!!
Old 02-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I can't wait! I still need to pay off everything (i have the money just haven't gone up to do it).
Old 02-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

So close now! I've been watching so many videos about the game, though I've been wary to stay away from big spoilers, especially with the story. What do you all think about the DLC for Breath of the Wild? First DLC for a Zelda game!

Old 02-20-2017, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Sorry dp!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

So happy to hear DLC planned! I'll get it for sure!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Me too. I'm really intrigued with the new original story in the 2nd DLC pack, this game already has a massive replay value, but a new story by the winter, I'll be replaying this game for years!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I never played a Zelda game (even though I wanted to play one in the past), I might have to get it now.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Well, Breath of the Wild could be an amazing place to start as your first Zelda game! Though it is going to be very different from pretty much every previous Zelda game to date, it will still have many familiar Zelda traditions including the characters, items, dungeons, puzzles, enemies etc. If you've been interested in playing any of the previous games before, I'm sure you'll love Breath of the Wild! It's also going to be the BIGGEST Zelda game to date. And I mean BIG.

But if you want to play some of the older classic Zelda games before getting into Breath of the Wild, I recommend Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess. Wind Waker is also a great game. But there are also many amazing 2D Zelda games I'd recommend too. Each game offers something different for the series and every fan has a different favourite.

It looks like the massive hype surrounding Breath of the Wild is gaining interest from gamers that haven't played a Zelda game before but always wanted to, and even non-Zelda fans who have showed no interest in Zelda whatsoever. Which is awesome.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I think it could be a good start, also. I think even Nintendo said that it would be good to just pick up and play without needing too much of a backstory.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Exactly.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

which is good for me because I'm only a little touched up on Zelda in the last two decade.s I only was into the SNES and Game Boy versions from the early 90s. Then I played Ocarina of Time and loved it.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I've pretty much being playing Zelda my whole life. I've never stopped playing Zelda. There have been gaps where I got into a few other games, and when I was at university I had no time for video games at all. But Zelda was the only game series I've ever loved and it's amazing to think that I'm still as excited to play them as I was 18 years ago. Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game for the original GameBoy and whilst I put may hours into it I never completed it (until a few years ago when I bought the DX version on my 3DS). Ocarina of Time was the game that defined my childhood and have the most fondest memories playing with my sister. We beat the game for the first time together. And then throughout my school and college years, I never stopped playing Wind Waker and Twilight Princess. Then there was a long gap where I stopped playing video games when I went to university. But when I came back home in 2011 after, Skyward Sword came out at just the right time and I was so excited to play it, since I would finally have the time to. But I've only completed the game once. I did love the game and start to replay it, but about half way through I began to tire of the motion controls and the linearity of the game. I just wanted to go back to mashing buttons and exploring a vast open world. So I went back to replaying Twilight Princess, Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time 3D. Oh and I did enjoy A Link Between Worlds, I think I enjoyed that game more than Skyward Sword. I also recently played Minish Cap, but stupidly gave up playing right before the final boss because I found getting the last heart piece was tedious. And I still keep meaning to play Majora's Mask 3D, I did start the game, but the time thing still confuses me.

So yeah, Zelda has been a part of my life for a very long time, and I hope it continues to be so for many years in the future.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

well with how this game is looking and how long anticipated it is, it looks like Zelda will continue for many more years. I'd love a mobile game!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

the first review is a 10 from Edge Magazine.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 02-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm trying so hard to avoid anymore spoilers now. I've seen so much footage already, but no more! So many big youtubers that I regularly watch got their copy a week early and they're uploading so much gameplay and more info about the game that I just don't want to know till I play the game. I don't even want to look at the reviews!

Good to hear it's first review got a 10 though. Wouldn't really expect anything less!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread