Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Microsoft would have probably been sued if they weren't allowed to use something they paid 500 bucks for because of Target's error. Target is getting fined, I do believe, as well as no doubt reevaluating their shipping system to make sure not only it doesn't happen again, but also tightening it to make it better. I've always found it unorganized for such a big company. Hence why I only shop in store at Target and no longer online
Old 11-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

We don't have a target, so I don't shop there
Old 11-16-2013, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

That's a good reason not to shop there. In a 1 mile radius I have Best Buy, Target, Meijer, Wal Mart, K Mart, Game Stop, Family Video, Blockbuster Video, Mammoth Video and some mom and pop store like game stop, lol. I never have a shortage of places to find video game stuff at. Naturally, I shop at Amazon.com, haha.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's still Blockbuster Video stores around you? Most of the ones around here are got closed down. It's sad about Blockbuster. Have fun playing the XBOX One if you get it. For now my 360 is good enough for me.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

We have walmart, meijer, and gamestop
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if the XBOXone will have similar issues it had with the XBOX360's Red Ring of Death issues with first gen versions of that console or like the PS3's Yellow Light of Death or the PS4's Blue Light of Death? Find out in a few days. If it goes uneventfully that would be nice. This is a thing with first iterations of new consoles of any brand. My release day Wii died less than 12 months with minimal usage... I NEVER buy any console in the first year any more, I wait for the Guinea-Pigs erm - "early-adopters" to weed out the issues so that mine will probably be fine (as is the case for my XBOX360) They redesigned the motherboard to better expel heat also it used half the power of the original release model (heat was the cause of RRoD btw.) It warped the motherboard which cracked the solder of components which means it will not work any more hence RRoD. Same thing for the PS3 with its YLoD. Wonder if this PS4 BLoD is the same thing? Time will tell there too.

We should ALL do the waiting for 'early-adopters' to weed out issues as guinea pigs with updating your smartphone OS and computer OS too. iOS7 for example was full of bugs for a significant portion of those phone users. They should have waited for issues to come up and sit on the sidelines not updating and wait for those to be resolved before updating. With Apple you can not go back to the older version - you can do that with Android though if the latest OS version has 'issues' as iOS7 does. Always bide your time. That is what I have learned.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

I think it could, it might not be an over heating issue but there's a chance something could go wrong hardware or software wise.

But Microsoft hopefully learned from the RROD
Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

My fiance will be picking his up on Friday. He is pretty stoked. He was going to get two, one for me and him but I told him I wanted to wait because I still love playing on my 360 for now.
My LJ
Old 11-20-2013, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Well the PS4 has issues with its blue light of death right now so yeah, it could happen. We will see after tomorrow. If it has no issues that would be a good thing. Also yes, I think MS has learned from the RRoD when the 360 was released in 2005. They redesigned the entire guts of how heat is blown out of the console and cut its power consumption by half which also added to keeping it cooler. Have you not noticed all the grilles on the XBOXone? they are obviously vents so it looks like it will be cooled well enough - but real world play on the console will show over time such as the blue light of death has happened on the PS4.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Video Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primordial (View Post)
Well the PS4 has issues with its blue light of death right now so yeah, it could happen. We will see after tomorrow. If it has no issues that would be a good thing. Also yes, I think MS has learned from the RRoD when the 360 was released in 2005. They redesigned the entire guts of how heat is blown out of the console and cut its power consumption by half which also added to keeping it cooler. Have you not noticed all the grilles on the XBOXone? they are obviously vents so it looks like it will be cooled well enough - but real world play on the console will show over time such as the blue light of death has happened on the PS4.
Yeah but the blue light, so I heard, was a little under or over 1% of total consoles (I could be wrong so don't quite me) But yeah, we'll see what happens.

The IGN reviewer had a tough time getting the Kinect to do what he wanted
Old 11-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

Old 11-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Elite Fan

It is out in the wild now...
Old 11-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'm happy that I'm getting my Xbox One in just a few hours! The email (remember I won one for free) said estimated delivery 12-31 and I didn't want to wait until after Christmas. Of course, placeholder date. I went to the midnight release at my Game Stop yesterday. Pretty cool. Only about 50-60 people were there and it went smoothly. I picked up some games. I got a Play and Charge the other day but at the midnigh I picked up Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and Fifa 14. That way I'll be ready when my X1 comes in the mail soon!!! I'm so geeked up!
Old 11-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

How did you win one anyway?
Old 11-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Microsoft emailed random gamers packages. Some got Killer Instinct (if anyone reading this won one let me know, we need to talk). Others, like me, got an Xbox One and Forza 5. Others got an Xbox One, year of Gold, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse, Dead Rising, Forza and one or two more games. They said it was random but based on tenure, gamerscore and activity Given my account is only a year old with just over 20,000 gamerscore, I would assume it's because I no life xbox, lol. But it came yesterday and I've been playing it all night. So much fun.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread