Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Elite Fan

The X-box, and the "360"...Oblivion and Gears of War!

Just starting us off

I'm still not playing anything new at the moment.

What about everyone else? How is your x-box gaming going? Excited for what will be unveiled at E3.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Master Fan

I haven't touched a game in a week or so. I've been too busy with life and stuff. Ugh. I think it's going to be a while before I start playing again. I've got a pile of books I need to get through. LOL
Old 04-17-2006, 11:32 PM
Elite Fan

I have no funds to purchase new games with...so sadly I'm playing Forza Motorsports, trying to complete the career mode, I'm up to 70 percent on it. I'm also waiting on SW battlefront II, to come down, pricewise and I'll get it from the local EB games store. previously played and traded in

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

There's PGR3 downloads now. Blah!! Our copy of the game is broken. It makes me so sad. Oh well.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:08 AM
Elite Fan

Hubby and I are dancing around Tomb Raider: Legend and Elder Scrolls at the moment.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 04-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Master Fan

Oooh. Have you dl the TR demo? We have and I have a hard time with it. Alas, my son sailed through it. So sad.

I love Oblivion, though. Love it!

Looks like later 360s will be getting a better CPU which will run cooler and faster.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Elite Fan

X-play reviewed Oblivion for the new x-box360 and gave it a 5 out of 5. They said and I quote "This is the game that all gf will hate"...and then Adam said "For those who don't have gf, you'll notice that being alone is not so bad"

Oh, I so want this game! Damn it. Soon, very soon

Alex

Old 04-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

You should get it. I want to see the reveiws. XPlay isn't playing at 11pm where I am anymore.

Anyway, right now I have a level 20 fighter dude and a level 6 magewarrior dude. (I know I'm not getting the class names right. ) I would like to say my fighter dude kicks butt, and he probably does, if someone else controls him. I'm so bad at the fighting. I'm much better with my mage dude with the magic. My fighter is doing all the Fighter's Guild stuff and my mage is doing all the Mage Guild stuff. I don't want my fellas to multitask too much. I might start a thief, but I feel so guilty when I steal. I really do.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, they've been changing the times for x-play.

It's on at 6pm-7pm Mon-Thursday now.

The review was really fun, and good. They said you could practically get lost for hours and 'never touch the main quest'

I also heard that the PC version wasn't as good in the beginning, and they had to make patches to fix bugs.

Alex

Old 04-26-2006, 04:07 AM
Master Fan

I don't know about that. Everyone keeps saying that the fighting is so much better in Oblivion but I don't remember having a problem with it in Morrowind. I know I do in Oblivion. I'm just not an action person. Where's my turn based combat?

Quote:
They said you could practically get lost for hours and 'never touch the main quest'
That's like Morrowind. You didn't even get to the main quest until you were several hours into that game...if you went the right way. Morrowind just kind of dropped you off and said, "Here you go." At least Oblivion gives you a direction. I'm kind of following it. I'm taking my time. I just hate that everything gets harder as you level up. It sucks.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, as you know, my struggles trying to get into Morrowind are well documented......well, when I watch video of the combat although it's in real time it doesn't seem so complicated. I mean you played Jade Empire...can't be any harder than that

Are you using any kind of a strategy guide or online guide to help you out in your questing?

Alex

Old 04-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Master Fan

I don't need no strategy guide. I just go for it. Jade Empire was button mashing. This requires trigger pulling and swishing and blocking and stuff. I always end up getting dizzy with the enemy behind me and stuff. It sucks. But I'm surviving. LOL
Old 04-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

Hey guys! Just got my copy of FF: Advent Children and was checking out the English dubbing. Surprisingly, the actors chosen to do the voice overs weren't annoying (cuz they usually are) and were pretty good. I'd recommend anyone to get it!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc318
Hey guys! Just got my copy of FF: Advent Children and was checking out the English dubbing. Surprisingly, the actors chosen to do the voice overs weren't annoying (cuz they usually are) and were pretty good. I'd recommend anyone to get it!
Shouldn't this be on the FF thread?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, well I need a strategy guide somewhere along I'm bound to get stuck, plus it may help initially with character creation. That way I'm not putting points into the wrong skill sets, and basically having a weak character later on in the game.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread