Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Elite Fan

This Season's Hottest Toys

I think we can talk about toys even here at the Games Board. It's close enough!

With the holiday season sneaking up on us, it's time to start gathering those hot seller items now rather thsn later. Here are this season's hottest toys (and probably hard to find too):

Wal-Mart Unwraps Holiday Toy Wishes

Leading Toy Retailer Predicts the Season's Top 12 Toys and Introduces Magical Characters at the 2006 Toy Wishes Holiday Preview

BENTONVILLE, Ark., Oct. 4, 2006 -- Boasting life-like dolls, adventurous ride-on vehicles and advanced digital games, the 2006 holiday season is chock-full of thrilling toys. And Wal-Mart, the world's leading toy retailer, is the place for the hottest toys at the coolest prices, allowing shoppers to get and give more. This week, Wal-Mart releases its predictions for the top 12 toys of the season as it provides a sneak peak into its in-store "Toyland" at the fifth annual Toy Wishes Holiday Preview in New York. Additionally, Wal-Mart introduces delightful namesake characters Wally & Marty, "renegade" elves, which will soon be synonymous with holiday spirit.

Top 12 Toys of Christmas and Holidays '06

Wal-Mart's list of top 12 toys reflects the most prevalent trends in the industry, including high-tech digital toys, imaginative toys, experiential toys, characters that come to life and the modernization of classic favorites. The top 12 toys for Christmas and Holidays 2006 are:

* Monopoly® Here & Now™ Edition from Hasbro® ($28.96) - Ages 8 and up
* Zoombox™ ($248) - For kids of all ages
* V.Flash™ Edutainment System from VTech® ($99.77) - Ages 6 -10
* BABY ALIVE® doll from Hasbro® ($49.97) - Ages 3 and up
* Power Wheels® Ford Mustang from Fisher-Price® ($249.94), red Mustang available exclusively at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com - Ages 3 and up
* TMX™ Elmo from Fisher-Price® ($39.97) - Ages 18 months and up
* Kid-Tough™ Digital Camera from Fisher-Price® ($59.88) - Ages 3 and up
* ESPN® Fast Action Football™ from Fisher-Price® ($198.88) - Ages 6 and up
* "BARBIE™ IN THE 12 DANCING PRINCESSES" PRINCESS GENEVIEVE™ DOLL™ from Mattel® ($16.88) - Ages 3 and up
* Bratz™ Forever Diamondz™: Vinessa ($19.97), available exclusively at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com - Ages 6 and up
* Littlest Pet Shop Virtual Pet (Dog or Cat) from Hasbro® ($12.84) - Ages 6 and up
* Hot Wheels® Radar Gun from Mattel® ($29.74) - Ages 7 and up

I was FINALLY able to get some Elmo TMX online, which are so difficult to find right now. What are you guys hoping to get this holiday season?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:52 AM
Master Fan

Zoombox? Is that the projector? If it is, we were making fun of the commercial yesterday. LOL

We are not getting anything on the list. It just goes to show how far from the main we are.

I'm hoping to get a Nintendo DS and a bunch of games and books.

I saw this blurb on the Evening News last night that showed these baby dolls that talk back that are big in Japan. It showed this older couple with two dolls (a boy and a girl). The couple put them tucked them into bed and then talked to them for a bit. They said it was like having grandchildren living with them. I thought it was so odd.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I saw this blurb on the Evening News last night that showed these baby dolls that talk back that are big in Japan. It showed this older couple with two dolls (a boy and a girl). The couple put them tucked them into bed and then talked to them for a bit. They said it was like having grandchildren living with them. I thought it was so odd.
Creepy! It's like Child's Play all over again!

Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

My daughter wants that Baby Alive thing. I think it poops
Old 11-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Baby Alive is coming back? Wow!

Old 11-05-2006, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

I was able to pick up four more Elmo's this morning. What luck!

Old 11-09-2006, 09:47 AM
Elite Fan

Here is ToysRUs Hot Holiday Item List:

Toys "R" Us' 2006 "Fabulous 15" List Toy Brand

Blue Man Group Percussion Tubes

Dora's Talking Cash Register

ESPN Fast Action Football

Kid-Tough Digital Camera

Laugh & Learn Baby Grand Piano

Mindstorms NXT

My Scene My Bling Bling Styling Head

Pink Nitro Notebook

Power Rangers Deluxe Manticore Megazord

Speed Stacks StackPack

Sound City Railway

Tap Dancing Mumble

T.M.X. Elmo

Wii

Reply   Post New Thread