Old 04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

The second girl was crazy good!

Old 04-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Thank you for posting hot chicks who are musicians. Those are a few of my favorite things!
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

Here is a pic of my drumsticks I bought and have used for recording and jam sessions for about 8 months. Friday this pair finally died. I did not kill them a guest drummer who jammed with us Friday evening is the culprit... Anyone heard of the Aussie band Tame Impala? The drummer of that band played with us and killed my sticks. They were nearly dead anyway so not upset as they are sticks that are meant to be smashed hard but I figured they had about a month or two life left in them but not when a pro from a bigger band uses them!

Now I need some new sticks as my spares are crap cheap junk.....

ETA: I did record the audio of it too with my portable ZOOM recorder (studio in my pocket I nickname it!) Sounds sooooo good...

Last edited by Camibra; 04-07-2014 at 08:05 AM
Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

lol tame impala broke the sticks? obviously not playing their songs tho? unless i have the wrong band in mind, cos their stuff certainly doesn't sound like anything that would cause them to go through many drumsticks haha

they should buy you new sticks! or send them the bill

Be careful. Wear shoes in the house. Safety. Safety first then teamwork.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

There is only one Tame Impala afaik... Anyway, he was at one of the local pubs in Freo Friday evening and headed back to my workplace where we have our band room out the back where we all jammed for an hour or so. Never met the dude before, he knew a workmate of mine who is a drummer savant and that is how it all happened.

Nah, just random jamming and playing to my basslines. Some was psychedelic rock with my bass playing through effects pedals and style of playing along with the Korg keyboards. I didn't play on my drum kit, he did and my work mate played on the other drum kit (we have two drum kits) I did bass (with effects pedals to make it sound like an electric guitar whenever I wanted as well as retaining the bass sound.) and another person from work on the korg keyboard synthesizer. You'd be surprised at how easily sticks deteriorate, in even an average band like them, his sticks would be ruined at least twice in a 2 hour concert. He is a decent drummer who hits hard so yeah they were bound to break (also they were nearly dead anyways so not a big deal.) If I were the drummer of a band like them i would need to do some faster paced drumming from time to time as it would feel like being stuck behind a car going 40kmph in a 70pmph zone... gets you revved to overtake and speed up a lot! I am tempted to upload it onto my bands soundcloud but it is not us technically and he might not appreciate it so I will hold back. :/

One of the MANY features you will get on the Galaxy S5. A feature that is not advertised as much is the air gestures where you do not even need to touch the screen to control it also the camera function where you can take a picture and zoom into any spot in the picture (even the bits far away that are fuzzy and out of focus when you took the picture) and see them crisp and clear - much like the 'lytro' camera from a few years ago. Its fingerprint scanner is much more than a cheap half-baked gimmick that barely works and only unlocks the phone (as the iphone 5s's one does) this one actually works, it can remember 8 fingers for different tasks. Example: say you have a folder of home movies you have recorded on your phone and you want to limit access to the content in there you can use say your right pinkie finger to unlock that folder so even if the phone is unlocked nobody can access that folder unless they have your right pinkie finger. Also you can use a finger scan to access paypal and other methods of paying for things online. It works a lot better than i5S because Samsung has developed this technology years ago for their laptops so have experience there.

Last edited by Camibra; 04-09-2014 at 08:04 AM
Old 04-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Old 04-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

RIP Warrior
Old 04-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

ahahah yeah nice one new zealand

Old 04-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Elite Fan

Oh them wacky kiwi's...
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

i was very disappointed at the lack of sheep i saw when in NZ

Old 04-13-2014, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

There are more sheep here in Oz - ironic huh?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Dedicated Fan

isn't it just the ratio of sheep to people in NZ is more than anywhere else? not that they have the most sheep over any other places lol

Old 04-13-2014, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

That's what I heard ages ago... Never been there so wouldn't know for sure, but nearly every kiwi I have ever met has sheared a sheep.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread