Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Summerslam? Is that wrestling?
Old 08-19-2005, 12:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Indeed. Looks like it's gonna be an awesome PPV. But I'm not gonna spend 40 bucks just to watch TV.

Victims, aren't we all? --

+Skydagger+
Old 08-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

yeah, It's insane what they expect you to pay for PPV, 50 bucks for boxing? thats way to much
Old 08-19-2005, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

So it is wrestling. Hmmm.

I don't do the PPV.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I know, it's like...I could go to 2 local concerts for that price, including gas money. But to sit infront of my TV? Gah. Evil money whores!!

+Skydagger+
Old 08-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Yeah it depends on the concert. The FooFighters/Weezer show, including Ticketpimp's ripoff convenience charges, will cost me $40/ea for lawn tickets. Foo Fighters are totally worth it by themselves so it's not that bad, but it's still ridiculous. It is by far the best concert I've been to b/c Dave Grohl really knows how to entertain a crowd.

I just got into Weezer a year ago but i've never seen them live before. I am starting to hate Beverly Hills b/c it gets played way too much here....
Old 08-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm behind on this thread.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Unfortunately I've only been to 2 concerts in my young life. One in which the band sucks, and they sucked even worse live, yet the other two bands were decent. The second was one of those other two bands. I had to stand around outside the place to get tickets that night though, haha, spur of the moment thing. That was 20 bucks...

The radio station here puts on shows for some of the kind of more underground rock bands out there, and the tickets are actually only 94 cents. But they go quite quick as you would imagine.

Weezer....I'll listen to them if I hear them like in the car or something, but otherwise not so much.

quarterley: *pats on head*

+Skydagger+
Old 08-22-2005, 04:18 AM
Master Fan

yoss, Weezer is awesome.

I've only been to three concerts in my whole life, two christian and the last one was last year for Jonny Lang (Blues) who was awesome. Concerts are expensive and I have noone to go with. Hanson is coming to the area next month. LOL

On another note, finally watched Constantine and really enjoyed it. Very good movie.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked Constantine too. I saw Batman Begins a couple of nights ago, and liked it a lot.

Concerts for some reason are rarely worth it for me. Mostly I've gone to see orchestras, which makes me sound like I'm 80. The only rock concerts I've gone too are REM and Radiohead. Both are really great live and worth the price, IMO.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

wow we've been dead that last coupld of days..

and two spammers..heh

I've been watching alot of movies teh last week, I've watched atlast 9 or 10..lol
Old 08-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Master Fan

I would so love to see Tori in concert and I would love for the Friends of FF to come near me so I could go to that as well.

I've been watching anime. Way too much anime.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't see Constantine, wanted to, didn't have time. Might rent it though...but sorry, I'm stuck in the days of Keanu as Ted...and I really like those days. *hugs Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure*

First concert I went to was my birthday present from a friend for my 14th b-day. Which was Good Charlotte, Mest, and Something Corporate. I liked GC at the time and hate their damn poser, sell-out, horrible sounding asses now. They sucked. I only saw half of Mest's set because we got in late, but they were pretty good. And Something Corporate I didn't like at the time, but they put on a really good show and sounded great.

So then when SoCo came nearer to my house I went and saw them again for a full show, and it was great. They're Emo, but the lead singer Andrew plays the piano..and it's weird, but he can really work that thing..haha. He dances on it and it has glow in the dark keys and everything. Was cool..plus they did Outkasts 'Hey ya' song which was kind of oddly fun.

Unfortunately most the concerts that come here I actually want to see require 18+ and a ID to prove it. >_> (Damn Anti-Flag!! Not letting me in...*pouts*)

+Skydagger+
Old 08-26-2005, 02:34 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

lol ... I've never been to a concert.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionroach
I would so love to see Tori in concert and I would love for the Friends of FF to come near me so I could go to that as well.

I've been watching anime. Way too much anime.
I used to love Tori, I still like her, but haven't really picked up any of her recent stuff.