Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

NintendoDS / Sony PSP

Anyone Have/will have/want the Nintendo DS or Sony PSP? (think thats what those are called)

I'm considering getting one or both, but the overall determining factor are the games. Gotta have good games.
But the Sony one looks really cool, while I trust nintendo's handhelds systems.
What do you guys think?
Jadiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Master Fan

I know someone who knows someone who has the DS. He likes it.

I don't know. The DS has the two screens, it seems a little awkward to me but the reviewers like it.

And Sony is kind of new to the market. I'm going to wait a while, let the games come out and then pick one.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Master Fan

I'm not a big enough fan of hand helds, but Ds is looking better and PSP is bound to need some work since this is playstations first one, like onion said..
Old 12-06-2004, 02:16 AM
New Fan

The Tendo may have been in the handheld market longer, but that doesn't mean they will do better than Sony, and like wise to sony as well.

It is like Sega and The Tendo, when Sony came into the scene with the station, people were saying "nah, they will never touch sega or nintendo, cause they have a grip on the market and they have been in it longer!".

Then shortly after that, sega crash and burn as a console maker, and the tendo struggle slightly.
All because of Sony putting their boot to the b*lls of anyone in their way.

I mean Sony have more money to back them in thier cause, and more developers backing them.
They are bound to release some games that will do more than give Tendo a run for their munnae.
Like they are doing in the console market, beating down on the tendo like a pimp beating down on a hooker.

But this is just my view, like you chaps above said, we will wait and see.

I know who i am betting on to be the winner in the outcome of the hand held race, between the DS and PSP.

Last edited by Serenity_In_Murder; 12-06-2004 at 02:26 AM
Serenity_In_Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I find the stylus for the DS strange, but i do like the 2 screen concept. Plus, im a loyal fan of nintendo ^^; But, i'll buy whichever (if either) really impress me with the games. So far, the most interesting for me is the mario64 one, just because i really do consider that one of the best games ever made.
Plus played a minute or 2 with metroid, though i wasnt impressed, im not a fan of the game, and i really wasn't judging the system - Nice graphics though.

Hey, anyone have a DS? o.O
Old 12-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Serenity_In_Murder, welcome to the board. So are you picking the PSP?

The bottom line is about the games, right? I definately think Sony will have the broader range of games, but Nintendo has some very fun titles like Jadiee mentioned.

Does anyone know the cost of the handhelds?
Old 12-06-2004, 06:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

i THINK the DS is 300-400. in that range. I don't know about the sony, but its probably in the same range. Possibly even cheaper b/c i know the DS has bunches of technology stuffs in it (nice way of putting it) like the split screen and stylus.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Master Fan

I was catching up on my XPlay shows and I saw one that previewed a Metal Gear Solid game for the PSP. It's a card game. It was really odd.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by onionroach
Serenity_In_Murder, welcome to the board. So are you picking the PSP?

The bottom line is about the games, right? I definately think Sony will have the broader range of games, but Nintendo has some very fun titles like Jadiee mentioned.

Does anyone know the cost of the handhelds?
Hello

When it all comes down to it, yes it is the games that count for me, not how powerful the console is.

Look at the cube, it is nearly twice as powerful as the station 2, yet i choose the station 2 over the cube.
Because it has more of the type of games that i am into, regardless of the fact that cube is a better machine.
To me it has the weaker titles (for my taste in games that is, not anyone else's).

You are correct in saying that it is all down to the games in the end.

Oh by the way, i have been registered here before, we got to chatting ages back about Halo, what weapon you liked best etc.
My old user name was Iced Earth, dont know if you will remember or not, no matter if you dont lol, my views on halo and it's sequel have changed.

Back on topic, i dont know if i will buy either of the two, as i am a console man not really into handheld machines.

I did like Golden Sun and Golden Sun 2: The Lost Age for the GBA.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Serenity_In_Murder

Oh by the way, i have been registered here before, we got to chatting ages back about Halo, what weapon you liked best etc.
My old user name was Iced Earth, dont know if you will remember or not, no matter if you dont lol, my views on halo and it's sequel have changed.
I do remember an Iced Earth and talking of Halo, but I don't remember any opinions about it. LOL And welcome back.

I don't own any handhelds and I was looking to get a GBA, but now I'm think maybe I should totally wait and see how the DS and PSP do, but that means I'll have to wait some more before I get anything. I really want to get a GBA. Hopefully the price will go down once the PSP hits the market.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I got a DS, but I can't open it till xmas I don't think I'd ever want the PSP, cause the games I think are only 32 bit and they're super mini dics, which maks em' more fragile and easy to lose. If a Buffy game comes out for it though, well damn, it's mine!
Buffyverse 1997 - Now & Forever
"I have promises to keep... and miles to go before I sleep."
VampireSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 04:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Im really growing to like the DS alot the more i think of it. But i havent played the psp so im trying to seem neutral.
>_< neutrality is growing difficult
Old 12-08-2004, 08:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by VampireSlayer
I got a DS, but I can't open it till xmas I don't think I'd ever want the PSP, cause the games I think are only 32 bit and they're super mini dics, which maks em' more fragile and easy to lose. If a Buffy game comes out for it though, well damn, it's mine!
If the buffy games were more in line with say Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare, or Resident Evil then i would like it better.

The hack and slash thing is another reason i boycott the baulder's gate series as well as buffy games.

But the best part of the buffy show, is the lovely Michelle Trachtenberg (Dawn) , she is gorgeous, even though i am like 7 years older than her lol.

Quote:

Im really growing to like the DS alot the more i think of it. But i havent played the psp so im trying to seem neutral.
>_< neutrality is growing difficult
Tendo are bound to have some RPG games on the DS, this will be good indeed.
As the RPG games on GBA are pretty good, so there is no reason to think other wise when it comes to the DS selection of RPG titles.

Quote:

I do remember an Iced Earth and talking of Halo, but I don't remember any opinions about it. LOL And welcome back.

I don't own any handhelds and I was looking to get a GBA, but now I'm think maybe I should totally wait and see how the DS and PSP do, but that means I'll have to wait some more before I get anything. I really want to get a GBA. Hopefully the price will go down once the PSP hits the market.
Why thank you for the welcome .

I am in agreement on the "wait and see" thing, it is better not to rush out and buy it.
I waited for 6 to 8 months after the station 2 came out, before i bought it.
The release titles for it were crap, it was only after nearly a year of being out that it took off, in the form of having better titles.

So maybe it is a good idea to hang back and watch it unfold, and then decide.
I will that is for sure, maybe i will get one of them, maybe not.

Depends on what type of games comes out on them, if there are any decent RPG's for the DS (not final fantasy though ) then that might make me go in that direction.

Last edited by Serenity_In_Murder; 12-08-2004 at 08:36 AM
Serenity_In_Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Master Fan

When the ps2 came out, I was one of the people checking amazon for a new shipment so I could get one. LOL It was mainly because our playstation had broken down and I was in the middle of Lunar: EB.

Sometimes hack and slash is fun. I do admit BG for the ps2 was a bit...blah.

I've been hearing really interesting things about the DS, about how you can play with other people and how to utilize the two screens and touchpad.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:30 AM
Master Fan

I tried out the DS out at Walmart, It was pretty cool but the touch sceen was really alow, and took 3 or 4 presses for it to work for me..