Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWriter (View Post)
Already has. Sadly, it's in Japan only. Just like they redid the first game in Japan only, and called it Final Mix, they did the same thing with the second one. Both times they add a lot of hidden content that the story can do without, but does make it make more sense and hint towards the plot of the next game. Well, when they made Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, they also gave the buyers a PS2 version of CoM that looks pretty freaking amazing (especially if you think of how it must've looked on a GBA in 2d)
What's the battle system like? I know it's something to do with cards???
"ELTON!!! FETCH A SPADE!!!
-The Doctor, Love and Monsters
Old 06-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, you attack using cards with numbers on them. There are regular attacks, magical attacks, summons, and healing cards. The Higher the number, the better, because if your opponent plays a higher card, they can stop you in the middle of a move. That's bad when you're trying to summon or want to heal and you can't. A 0 automatically breaks anything, but can be broken by anything, thus making it the best and worst card to have. You can run around while fighting, so it's not like the Yu-gi-oh card games, it's just that when you hit the attack button, it makes you use the card that's next in line and you use the shoulder buttons to rotate between cards. There's also the ability to stack cards to make combos and special moves. It sounds a lot harder than it actually is.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

That actually sounds kinda hard to get used to. Different though. Do you trade cards with NPCs or just find them?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

Both, as well as have specific cards given to you. The battle system is surprisingly simple, it's just different. Then again, the battle system has been different for all three games...
Old 06-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love the first one and the second one - Don't have the Chains of Memories one - i prefer the ones where you play them on the Playstation.

Did you hear about the new one that they are bringing out this year over in Japan - it will be out in the UK next May/June 2008 - it has Chains of Memories in it for the playstation 2 and I think it has the second one too but this time with more information and more battles - my sister is torn between jumping up and down for joy or pouting that they are taking longer to bring it out.

Bring more of Sora, Donald and Goofy! I just LOVE that trio!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

That's the Kingdom Hearts 2 : Final Mix game that I was talking about. If it's coming out in the UK, then it should end up in America as well. That's awesome...
Old 06-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostWriter (View Post)
Both, as well as have specific cards given to you. The battle system is surprisingly simple, it's just different. Then again, the battle system has been different for all three games...
Very true. The reactions commands add a lot of depth to battles and there are soooo many combos and things that eventually all you have to do is mash the X button and watch Sora fly!! Almost makes the games too easy (on noramal).
Old 06-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I did it on hard... made me cry by the time I got to try against Sephiroth... so... many... health bars... so... much... speed... *dies again* oh darn...
Old 06-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

lol, I love listening to my friend's stories getting pawned by Sephy in that game. I tried once and said, that's it, I'm done (had to give the game back anyway).

Dear god...what have they done to Atlantica???! I should've gotten suspicious over the non-existent battle level. I suppose the mini-game's a bit catchy, but it's so lame at the same time. Then it boots you back to the map world if you don't have magnet!!! Cheapness at it's best...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I knew ahead of time how it was going to be and that you'd need certain stuff, so I didn't go there at all for as long as I could. By the time I did go there, I had all the stuff.

And for the record, I beat that little almost-god-mooding-me-to-shreds punk after 63 consecutive tries... go me...
Old 06-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Musta pulled an all-nighter eh? I can't wait 'til the scene where Cloud and Sephy are going at it!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

The scene from the first or second one?
Old 06-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did you get to see them fight in the first one? I don't remember...
Old 06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't see it from my own game, but I say it after someone else beat him. I can't win on the second one, but I'm dead meat in the first.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww, now I'll have to get the first game back just to find out
Closed Thread   Post New Thread