Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

Girl Gamers #4

New thread time!

Old Thread

I have only had to use crutches once for 7 weeks when I tore my left knee muscles after getting my black belt in Tae Kwon-do back in 2002. I simply got out of bed the following morning and it tore, I became an expert with the crutches so much that I would place them in the shopping cart and roll with them using one leg. I did find it funny how people would get out of my way in the mall!
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Supreme Fan

I was on crutches for about four weeks when I broke my foot in that car accident back in December. I thought I was going to go crazy. I'm totally self-efficient and I ended up having to really rely on my girlfriend to help me walk the dog and do dishes and things like that, which was incredibly hard for me. I also have to say that, since I was on crutches, working out isn't quite the chore it used to be
I remember what it felt like to not be able to do anything but hobble for four weeks, so all of a sudden, going for a run is a blessing instead of a curse.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

I was on crutches briefly in high school when I got up from a chair the room way and my knee dislocated. I was on them for like a week and everytime I would move across campus with them my backpack would slam me hard in the back and I kept almost falling. So I ended up in a wheelchair after that. I had a rash under my arms from the crutches because I had 7 minutes to get across the whole campus that way and we had a huge campus.
-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Supreme Fan

Ouch, that does stink. I was at least lucky that I didn't have to move around too much on the crutches.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Elite Fan

How is everybody? Do anything fun for Labor Day?
There is a charity event called Extra Life happening on October 20th where you play video games for 24 hours. You get people to pledge a gift amount to the charity for you doing the thing. This is the link if anyone is interested.

I did this one year right after I was diagonised with Degenerative disc disease and I didn't realize how bad it was, 24 hours with small breaks took a toll on my back so I can't do it now but I thought I'd pass it on for those who might want to.

Play Games. Heal Kids. | Extra Life - DonorDrive®

-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Old 09-04-2012, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

OOC - Double post, whoopsie.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah 's been messing up with the double posts recently. I've been doing it a lot.

And thanks for the info. I'll definitely pass it along. I ship for basic training on October 9th so I won't be able to participate this year, but I'll definitely put it on my facebook and see if I can get some attention for it.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

That's great, its fun and for a great cause.
-Pammie

Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Supreme Fan

Posted it on my facebook page. Hopefully, some of my friends that play games will be interested.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

ing this back up.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for bringing this thread back up, Clint! I can say that I'm a girl gamer.

- Katie
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

I am also a girl gamer! Add Me @ Ms Sagittarius (XBOX)
Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Is there a thread for Assassin's Creed?
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysie (View Post)
I am also a girl gamer! Add Me @ Ms Sagittarius (XBOX)
I'll add you now! I'm Wildfire Kitty.

I don't think there is an Assassins Creed thread. I've checked through the board guide and board list to find nothing under that name.

- Katie
Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ok hun! We should play something sometime soon