Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Alright, sorry to double post, but I have to ask, has anyone played BO. I've heard it was crap, especially on PC. Apparently it's really buggy. I don't care as much about the graphics complaints (I'm OK if a game has so-so graphics as long as it makes up for it in gameplay) but I've heard that on PC it was nearly unplayable. Anyone have any experience with it, yet?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

From what I have read it is a Console port to PC - not PC port to Console so it is buggy on the PC due to this. Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 are also console ports and play better on console vs PC. I know no one who has played a PC version only the console version so I can only go off reviews I have read of the PC version issues. Get used-to-it though, these sort of ports are going to happen with the CoD series if they feel so compelled to release a new title every 12 months... They rush the code for the console version then try and port that version to PC which makes it buggy to hell, been done so many times in the last 3 years it is just beyond ridiculous now. :/

It is up there with 'compressed music/loudness wars' with bands trying to make their CDs louder when mastering but that makes the end tracks utter rubbish (Metallica - Death Magnetic CD is THE best example of this major music issue atm.) This is all caused by the explosion of PMP/MP3 devices of any brands - none in particular. But most people use low fidelity tinny earbuds with these gadgets which makes the music sound tinny and quiet - the bands have been trying to over-compensate for this by adding too much bass and increasing the volume when creating the final master - in the end it distorts and destroys most of the track and all that is left is a shell of a song that only a tone-deaf 17 year old who has used their PMP with earbuds too-much would think there is nothing wrong with the track. I have tested these kids at my work BTW. I am double some of their ages and MY hearing is better than theirs!

Even if you hate Metallica and metal music - watch and listen to it from 7mins (7:20 onwards is when you can see and hear the difference clearly.) I hear this effect in ALL genres of music all the time at late.

The reason why the Guitar Hero 3 version of the Metallica CD is caught just before the really bad clipping/compression was done is due to the agreement that the band had with the game developers who needed access to masters to make the individual tracks (all individual guitars, drums and vocal tracks for the game) So the GH3 version missed the final 'loudness wars' clipping that Metallica applied to their CD final release... I have the GH3 rip and I have also cleaned it up a bit myself on my PC. It also was still clipped at that early stage but FAR less than the final retail CD was, I have both to compare and it is very sad.

Audio missing from this video - I did hear it a year ago and it was distinctively different.

Even re-released CDs of older tracks are being ruined... I have seen and heard this happen for some time now and it is a very sad day for music.

No, it is not just 'volume' that is different, dynamic sounds such as bass guitar, backing vocals, cymbals etc etc etc are missing and it affects all music genres - I can hear a song on the radio or on a PMP at my work with noise going on while being played through crappy speakers there and within 5-10 seconds comment to someone that this track is a low quality below-128kbps MP3 or it is a compressed/loudness war casualty - I take that track home onto my PC and open up my mastering software and see if I was right - EVERY TIME I was correct, all of these songs I hear that I comment on to co-workers there are brickwalled...

Last edited by Camibra; 11-15-2010 at 08:04 AM
Old 11-21-2010, 03:58 AM
Elite Fan

Post your Funny/Offensive/Obscene Black Ops Emblems Here! - Giant Bomb

This link has a list of CoD: BO 'emblems' that you can create in the game. You can make pretty-much anything you wish with a bit of creativity.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, that was one thing I was looking forward to, the customization. I've heard the patches are making the PC version better. I'm going to give it until after Christmas, maybe wait until the price comes down, then I'll get it.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

Two more cool designs that someone has done for their CoD BO logo emblems.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Supreme Fan

I got Black Ops yesterday. I like it, but it definitely has some problems. It's still really laggy and it's kicked me out of a couple games, but it has a really nice game burried beneath all those problems. I'm sure patches will come out eventually (MW:2 did the same thing for me in the beginning) and after that, I think I'll like it more than the other COD:MW games. Black Ops has great potential, and I actually like the graphics even though it isn't quite as realistic as MW2 (I've heard that being one of the main complaints). Also, the maps really are set up to discourage camping and they're quite tactical. But man, claymores seriously need to be evened out a little bit. I got killed by one when I was about 15 feet back from it when one of my team triggered it
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

The PC version is a bad port from Console - it is the x86 issue that has caused the PC version so much grief... If they had ported from PC to console it'd be perfect for PC, for that method of transcoding is fine but to go from console to PC for this port creates so many glitches for the PC version you will not find the game as much fun as the console version... It is CoD3 all over again in this respect.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Passionate Fan

But COD3 was never release on PC....
Old 12-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

I just meant how there were so many glitches in CoD3 which made the game overall un-enjoyable. It wasn't released on PC? CoD series originated on PC then went to console so I thought it would have been on PC.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Only main COD game that wasn't made for PC. I have yet to play it but I might pick up COD War Collection if the price drops
Old 12-10-2010, 08:57 AM
Supreme Fan

I finally started playing COD:BO again. Got the singleplayer campaign to work, finally. It only took me a week and a half. And even it's laggy, which it shouldn't be given my computer, but, oh well at least it's playable. And it seems to be a lot of fun. I'm hoping to give it a couple weeks, mess around with single player and the zombie games, and then maybe by the time I hop back onto multiplayer they'll have fixed all the server issues.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I love first person shooters.I'm a fan of Medal Of honor.
I play a lot Medal OF honor Breakthrough on PC and online(great)
Old 02-04-2011, 11:10 PM
Addicted Fan

im still waiting for my black ops copy im getting impatient
xbox360 gamertag: Chaosxflame ADD me!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

YouTube - OCD2COD's Channel

This is my brother's YouTube account. He has uploaded a LOT of his CoD games. He is truly one of the best FPS players out there. He even now asks for requests from YT people to use particular weapons that he has never used and record that then upload it. He even shows his class while changing to prove he has never used that weapon before then pwns the game with it first-go. I know he has never played with these guns on someone elses CoD game for he knows no one in RL who has that game.

Watch some of his videos if you can, if you like or LOVE FPS, you will adore his awesome videos.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 AM
Supreme Fan

I just started playing Borderlands for 360. I know I'm a little behind since it came out a couple years ago but it was a birthday gift. I've only played for about 45 minutes. I started it this morning before work but I really like it. Now, we'll see how I like it when it starts getting hard
Closed Thread   Post New Thread