Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2006, 11:24 AM
New Fan

The Wii was the best thing about this year's E3 in my opinion, it blew the competition out of the water. If I wasn't sure about getting one before, I am now.

Also, I can't believe Nintendo finally announced a sequel to Yoshi's Island, after all these years!

I'll still be getting one of the other next gen consoles though, but I'm not sure which yet, I just can't make my mind up on whether or not I hate sony heehee. I hate the price of the PS3 though, that's for sure. NASTY.

I'm a bit sad now that E3's over, what a year it's been, this was one of the best in ages and it's got me really excited about the new consoles.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Hi Splinter.

I was so disappointed with Sony. I think it looks like we're going to get the Wii this year. Sony just dropped the ball on the ps3 and I'm not talking about its price because we all knew it was going to be the more expensive of the three. Where's the innovation? The 360 has its thing, the Wii has its thing, Sony just looks like a copycat. If Square doesn't make FF for the 360, we'll end up getting a ps3 but it won't be for a long, long while. I'm so excited about the Wii, though.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

I'm really glad for the renewed interest w/ Nintendo. The last thing I wanted was Nintendo to go the route of Sega and having them converted into third-party software company.
yossarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Master Fan

I don't see that happening for a while. But it did look that way before they announced plans for the Wii. The GameCube wasn't all that it could have been but I think part of the problem were the games.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:52 AM
Master Fan

I'm playing Paper Mario for the GC and it has been really fun. Not bad for a $15 game

I haven't played a marathon session in a long time, but I have 7 hours under my belt so far. The banter is quite dorky, but it's totally Mario
yossarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionroach
I don't see that happening for a while. But it did look that way before they announced plans for the Wii. The GameCube wasn't all that it could have been but I think part of the problem were the games.
Lack of 3rd party support is to blame.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarin
I'm really glad for the renewed interest w/ Nintendo. The last thing I wanted was Nintendo to go the route of Sega and having them converted into third-party software company.
I agree. To be honest, I was kinda worried that the Wii wasn't going to do so well as compared to the 360 or PS3, but it may have some hope yet!

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter
Lack of 3rd party support is to blame.
That's because it was a pain to develop games for the GameCube. It was much easier for developers to make games for the ps2 and XBox.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

600 dollars for a PS3...plus I'm guessing 60 dollars per game, new releases...who can afford to be a gamer anymore?!

I'm really disappointed overall with the E3, although there were some great games shown.

Oblivion for the x-box360, Gears of War...and the new SW Lego II game.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread