Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2004, 12:13 AM
Master Fan

Third place isn't bad. Sounds like it was fun. Ravager/Affinity is easily rectified with detonate. I don't like how a lot of the guys give so much leeway when they're winning like they're flaunting it, but no seriously they're being nice. The guys I play do that, but get so upset when I beat them. It's hypocritical.

My rebel conspiracy deck is like... dead by the way. lol I can't find inspiration.
Endless Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Master Fan

I hate when that happens. Maybe your deck will resurrect itself.

I was in a team tournament. It was really interesting. I might do that again. I realize it was the luck of the cards and stuff, it was just a little frustrating.

Detonate sounds fun. I much prefer March of the Machines because they pretty much have to dump all their land. And if I play WOG after than they pretty much have to dump everything that isn't indestructible. I love it.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I realize that I dump far too many valid and potentially good decks because I get bored or run out of ideas. It's really annoying. I'll put the list on hold and hopefully I'll pick it up one day and still think it's a good idea only this time actually build on it.

I usually play emperor. Sad thing is because my deck is so slow I can only play king. I have one guard deck, but it's not tournament prime. It really is luck of the draw if you get everything you need the first hand or not when it comes to most tournaments because many opposing decks are strong and hella fast. Did you play two headed dragon?

Detonate is the cheap version to kill Ravager. I hate indestructable, but if I wanted to clear boards, I'd go back to Death Cloud. Wrath is crazy good though. March of the Machines is a bit hard to get my paws on when I'm in the area I am in. Hard to find cards... they don't fit well in my decks.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Ah. I don't play the team stuff. I can't get enough people interested. The team tournament I played in was that two people of the team had to win at least two of their games for the team to win the match. I've heard about Emperor and I've been told I have a couple of decks that would definately fit the format but nobody wants to play.

We usually buy at least a box of each expansion and then if I don't have the cards I need I buy them online. I can never find the cards I want in town or if I can the prices are a bit high.

I've heard Oblivion Stone is a great control card. I've only played with it once and I wasn't impressed. I really like Barter In Blood. If I have a black deck, I'm usually running those or Call to the Grave since I usually only play zombies in black.

I'm more into control than speed or lots of creatures.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

Emperor is hard to find players wise and tournament wise. I don't know why because it's a lot of fun and usually drags along for a long long time. I usually get some handmedowns from the other guys at the comic store. It's... actually very cool. Barter is insanely good and annoying. It's like counterspell or boomboom (edit: boomerang) it's cool to play but sucky on the receiving end. Crap girlfriend's on! lol Sorry gotta get going!
Old 09-12-2004, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Have you seen the spoilers for Kamigawa. My brother-in-law says that rats will be the next goblins. I don't doubt it. I'm thinking of making an anti-rat deck using cats. Wouldn't that be funny.
Old 09-13-2004, 01:31 AM
Master Fan

I hear rats will be crazy annoying. What's that rat that you're allowed to have more than four of in your deck? That'll be insane. Hey, you really should get a cat deck to counteract the rat deck. I'll laugh! I'll make a wolf/dog deck. Then someone can be the farmer.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Well the Mirrodin block has alot of great cat cards including Fifth Dawn's Raksha Golden Cub which gives all your cats +2/+2 and double strike if he's equipped plus he doesn't tap to attack and he's a 3/4.

Fifth Dawn also has Relentless Rats, the one where you can have as many as you want. Plus Kamigawa has a Rat Legend that you can sacrifice a rat and put X 1/1 rat tokens into play where X = number of rats you control. That's insane.

I'm still waiting for kobolds to come back. LOL
Old 09-17-2004, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Prerelease begins for Champions of Kamigawa. I think we're or at least the hub will be going to Orlando for it. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the cards.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

I didn't find the spoils for Kamigawa very impressive. I have a tournament this Sunday. I'll tell ya how it goes.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Cool. I hope you have fun!!
Old 07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hi to all! Thanks to onionroach for directing me here...

Just wanted to see if there were many folks on here still into Yugioh.... I'm looking for a good forum that I can feel good about my son participating on...

He had belonged to one, but it was not well moderated or well 'filtered' for bad language etc...
Astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread