Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2004, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Black control is so much fun to play with. Pestilence is evil. I have a friend who plays with pox. He never wins but he has so much fun playing with that deck.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

For me it's mostly about the fun whether going down doing it or not. What a way to go, right? I'm making a Timmy deck mostly. The poker? Zurans, Prodigals, with a little splash of red. It's a little out of my field of comfort color-wise. Any suggestions?
Endless Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

I really can't help too much. I don't buy great blue decks. And I've never played with the cards you mentioned. I almost always just use blue for control, and mostly for card control.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Like for Propaganda and Twiddle? I might end up doing that. Either that or a ping and pop deck... You're a big control player I take it?
Old 08-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

I like counterspell and brain freeze.
I like control because it aggravates people. And I'm really not an aggressive player at all. I often forget to attack or am too scared to attack.

Right now, I'm building a red land descruction deck with Crucible of the Worlds. It's looking good.

Ping and pop is fun. I had a deck kind of like that with blue and red and isochron scepters.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

I'm pretty scared of attacks too. I usually end up doing indirect damage like non-attack damage like Shock or something like that. I'm a pretty big defense girl. Iso Scepter's pretty scary. It's like running the clamp in your deck. It's insane. I think I'm going to make a Modular deck... I don't know though. It seems so common...
Old 08-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Master Fan

I don't like playing decks that are big on the tournament circuit. I like to see what the decks are and how they are working to get ideas but I don't make them. It's not a big deal because I don't play in tournament. I'll play some booster drafts, though.
My husband had a modular deck and it was rough. He didn't find it fun, though, so he took it apart.
I love the lightning bolt. I also like fireballs. My friend made a white/red control/burn deck with no creatures in it. She had Wrath of Gods and Browbeats in it. It was a wicked deck.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

The spell deck sounds like one truly bangin' deck. It sounds fun to both play and play against. My friend had a full spell deck once upon a time. It was a green unlimited mana. He'd Stream of Life and such things while widdling you down. Slow and painful process. It's the same thing I do with my white unlimited life. I suppose I'm pretty much like you in the fact that I'm a little bit of an unorthodox player and tend to dislike the tournament circuit. Actually, maybe you could help me. I just finished up my thrull deck, so I was thinking about starting up a mercenary/conspiracy deck. I'd need some mana leaping to get the conspiracy in at a decent time, but if it works, I could get any creature out that I wanted. It just sounds fun to go searching in your deck for cards to put directly in play.

Modular decks tend to have a bit of the run of the mill feel to them. Lots of pumping. I hope your husband found a more fitting deck. I hate dismantling decks because I start missing them and I'm afraid one day I'll think "Hm... it would be fun to play my Gladiator Whack deck and.. oh that's right. I took it apart..." Has that ever happened to you? It's frustrating.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Master Fan

I write down all my decks and all the changes I make to my decks because I've found that sometimes change isn't better so I'll have to go back to the original idea. I've dismantled and brought back decks over and over. Especially if I just can't get the deck to work right.

I can try to help you with your deck build but I haven't played with mercenaries.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure if the mercenary idea's a good idea at all because these days there isn't much creature based stuff except artifacts, y'know? Writing down decks is a good idea. I never seem to keep track of mine, maybe I should take a page from your book on that one. I'm making a preliminary structure of the deck right now, and looking at it, I'm not sure it'll fly... Do you know any mercenaries that have of "X,Tap: search your library for a mercenary card x or under and put it into play" or something like that instead of 3, 2, or 1 in place of the x?
Old 08-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Have you tried the website www.crystalkeep.com? If I am making a deck and am looking for cards that will help soldiers or beasts or something, I'll do a search on that website. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a mercenary that let you pay X to get a mercenary with X casting cost. I did find one that would let you get a mercenary from your graveyard and put it in your hand when it comes into play. It's called Strongarm Thug.

I think I'm going to work on my blue deck. I've been toying with this idea. We'll see if it works. It's got Veldaken Masterminds, Veldaken Shackles, Summoning Stations, and Blasting Stations in it. We'll see.

I have seven decks that I play with and only one is an artifact deck. Three are creature heavy: elf/beast, white weenies, and zombie/clerics. Two are control: blue/white and a black/red. The last one is a mess. LOL
Old 08-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

I'll take a look at Crystal Keep. Strongarm Thug sounds good. I'm thinking about putting it with Green. I can pump, I can do anything. I was thinking about put in a Star Studded Vampire cast in there so they'll pump themselves, but I really want something boardclearing like Pestilence or something. It's my trademark.

The Veldaken idea sounds pretty good. I'll trade you deck lists once our respective decks are made. I'd really like your feedback about it.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Cool. That sounds like an idea. I've made 3 different land destruction decks and they have all sucked. I don't know what I'm missing. I think I have enough land destruction going on and I have burn to help out and I have a few big creatures for the win.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

Sounds like a pretty balance deck. So most things are spells. The all around damage kind of thing? Oh and if you run black don't run Rancid Earth or anything into it. Obviously it's got too much mana riding it. I'm still working some kinks out of this mercenary idea. I'll need some mana leaping. Bad crazy mana leaping... maybe I'll splash green... It's getting to be a more and more welcome idea...
Old 08-16-2004, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

My problem is that I don't build very good red decks because I don't want to play with the cards that are 'good'. I am only playing one red deck at the moment and it's a red/black. I love the burn in red, I don't like the other stuff. LOL

I'm getting my decks together for DragonCon. I don't think I'll be able to make that deck playable by then. Oh well.
Reply   Post New Thread