Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2004, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

Anyone feel cheated by MTG because they have all these crazy cards out now? I remember where it used to be "Ha! I attack you for six! Scared now arentcha? Huh huh?" Now we have dragons that can do infinite damage. Heck, I have a classic block deck that gets infinite life in a minimum of three turns. Does Post-Onslaught and Fifth Dawn seem a little... powerful? Especially with Affinity Ravager decks. Easily solved by detonate, but decks like that are easy to build and easy to play... it seems one of those too easy kind of things...
Endless Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 04:00 AM
Master Fan

The Mirrodin block is insane. I'm not too crazy about it. Indestructible is insane. I'm hoping for more finesse in Kawigawa.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Insane? How about that 11/11 Indestructible Artifact creature? That's beyond insane. I'm not too certain Champions of Kamigawa's going to be any better... we'll see in October...
Old 07-23-2004, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

That's what I'm talking about. Darksteel Colossus. 11/11 Indestructible. If it goes into the graveyard, shuffle it back into your deck. That is insane. Insane. Although I admit it's pretty funny when you see one in play and it has a Pacify on it. LOL

From what I've read about the development process of expansions and cards, I'm very hopeful that there will be answers in Kamigawa. I just hope that they aren't insane answers.
Old 07-24-2004, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

I've been looking for a spoiler list because I'm a curious curious fangirl, but I can't seem to find any. Onionroach, are you looking moreso foreward to Champions, Betrayers, or Saviors? I'm thinking Betrayers just because they'll probably have the black that I like.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to all three. I love Green, Black, and White so I'm hoping for boosts for all three colors. I'm kind of artifact out right now.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

I'm going to enjoy B/W because I'm a B/W player. Green on occasion maybe. I'm really afraid it's going to look ridiculously power crazy.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

I play all the colors, although my least liked color is red and my least played color is green.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Red's pretty fast. I just don't play blue. It's a bit annoying. I've been on the receiving end of too many counterspells and mana leaks. Argh.
Old 07-28-2004, 04:36 PM
Master Fan

That's my problem with red. I'm not agressive enough to play it. I made a goblin/suicide deck and I kept losing because I didn't want to kill off my goblins. LOL I made another deck strictly to annoy other players. It's a white/blue control deck.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

I don't know. Blue with anything's annoying to me. I like black because I'm big on suicide and I'm always safe gaining it back with like green or white. I think white's a long running constant to many magic players. Is it moreso in the life, or in the weenies? Because white weenies are surprisingly versatile...
Old 07-31-2004, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

White is my favorite color, I think. Or maybe Black. They are both versatile. I think I like white a little more because it doesn't hurt you. But both colors have nice control. I was discussing with my friend about which is a better card: Wrath of God or Barter In Blood. I prefer Barter In Blood, especially since they are so cheap monetarily speaking. WOGs are running a little over $10. Ugh.
Old 07-31-2004, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

I'd say Barter. For Wraths you just have to know what people to look for. I like black a lot. If you like board clearing, have you seen the card Death Cloud? That card is amazing if you have enough mana. Maybe if you had green as an accelerant or something. It'd be great. I hate Barter in Blood sometimes because it ruins some of my creature combo's I usually run in a deck.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

I run Barter In Blood in my zombie cleric deck that runs Vengeful Deads. And Dead Cloud is mean. As for table clearing, if you have the mana Plague Wind and Decree of Pain are fun to play with.
Old 08-01-2004, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

I play a lot of Hatred and Shadow in my black decks. When I have extra room I like to run pestilence in my decks because it's so annoying and I could always run Humility with it. There's a lot of choices to run black with.
Reply   Post New Thread