Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

It reminds me something you'd see in Aladdin.

It looks cool.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Master Fan

I have really enjoyed playing my new board game called the logo board game. I really know brands and stuff and so do alot of people so its easy to get people to play! thats always a bonus for me.

been playing clue (cluedo) recently been really anjoying that.

I must say im really dissapointed in trivia games why is there never enough question cards.

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Master Fan

most recent board game i have played was DIX IT which i tried for the first time it seems like a good game but i think having more than 3 players would be good.

I have also been playing a fair bit of the game of thrones board game over the past few months its a really fun board game.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I love me some Apples to Apples....I play Evil Apples on my phone and hear there's a real life version of that!
Old 10-30-2013, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

what is apples to apples?

Old 11-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

it's technically a card game where one person is the judge and at least 2 other people play cards. You'll pull up a card that will say something along the lines of "The President's Mispoken Line" and the other people will have about 7 cards with random and funny things written. They will pick the card they find fitting and funny and play it, the judge picks the best card, they get a point or something. I think there's a board to it, too haha. I just like the card aspect at big parties.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

yeah those sort of games are really fun when there is alot of people around. i found dix it( which is like pictures on cards and you make up clues) would be alot better with lots more people than 3.

Giant Monopoly board found handpainted on floorboards under carpet - Mirror Online
so just read this i think its amazing. i would love to find a giant sized monopoly board under my floor might take double as long to play though.

Old 11-03-2013, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

sounds like fun!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

theres alot more party type board games out now ...like its hard to buy many that can be played 2 player and sitll be challenging if they are not old games or card games.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Old games are so challenging. I played a trivial pursuit from the 80s...wow...difficult stuff
Old 11-06-2013, 02:46 AM
Master Fan

i think ive always thought of trivial pursuit as hard (that was until i got the kids disney version from disneyland) but i think its because the first time i played it was at my friends holiday play and they had it for years and years so it probably was from the early 90s and its was just way to hard. but on a general scale any question/trivia game and im there!

Old 11-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

We have a 90s version of Trivial Pursuit and it's much easier. I was born mid 80s so I remember all of the 90s and most of what happened in the world as I've always been that weird kid to watch the news of Nick or Disney. Anything older than that, yeah....I'll have like one pie piece by the time someone else wins.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Yeah it really can be challenging. Most thing i found hard in american versions of trivial pursuit and alot of other question games there was always questions about american sport and stuff and i would have no clue cause i was from australia.

But now i struggle to find anyone who will play questions games will me i guess they got sick of me trying to make them play them.

Pulled out an old warcraft board game on the weekend. It was a little confusing and i lost by the end of the game but was nice playing it as it had been so long that we couldn't remember any rules or how to set it up.

Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

I recently got into the more indie and some more modern board games. A tip to those looking for people to play with alot of comic book stores host a board game night. I started going to the one at our store a town over and have met alot of nice new people and played some really cool games.
The games I've bought lately are -
Love Letter
Gloom
Once Upon a Time
Forbidden Island
Settlers of Catan
Eldrtich Horror

If you want to check out some of the less 'standard' games I would go to youtube and look up geek and sundry and go to tabletop and watch any of their episodes. Not only does it show the games being played but they have some really good guests on there (Hosted by Wil Wheaton)

-Pammie

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 01-24-2014, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I'm in the mood to play some board games now!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread