Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2020, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Earth eggs are the hardest to collect because there's only so many dig spots for them each day, so going to different islands multiple times a day is the best way to stock up on them. I'm almost there with the Earth stuff I think. The only items now are the Sakura ones, got floor, wallpaper and a couple of other things but that's it so far. I've read that the cherry blossom season ends before the end of Bunny Day. I hope that's not true, might not be enough time to collect all the Sakura items! And I want them all!

Yay, you got peaches! I also discovered I had a few pears in my inventory, can't remember where I obtained them from, must have been early game or something. So now I've got peaches, oranges and pears! Just cherries and apples to go now.

I saw a video on youtube last night warning of a glitch when popping too many balloons, apparently on version 1.1.2a I think, if you popped 300 balloons and collected the nook miles from them it prevented any items besides sky eggs appearing I think. Got an update this morning from Nintendo and now I have version 1.1.3 which I've read has now fixed that bug. Thank goodness. Though I've slowed down on the balloon popping anyway because I don't need anymore sky eggs.

Oh, and Mabel has finally returned! And bonus, she's already asked me to find a place for her shop! So I should have her shop open in a couple days!
Old 04-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I dont have a shovel yet. My brother came to my island and gave me a pole vault and a net so i can get the pedals and weed the other sides of the streams.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

You should be able to craft a flimsy shovel, I think that only requires tree branches which you can collect by the trees and shaking them multiple times. Then with that you can hit rocks to collect stones and iron nuggets and such. With those you'll be able to craft a stronger shovel. Wish I knew someone in my family or a friend who could trade stuff with me but no one I know plays the game. Which is why I tend to give my villagers lots of presents in the hope they'll give me something good.

So I completed my bunny day recipes! Now for rest of the cherry blossom ones. Got Sunday till Thursday free. Should be able to do it, I hope!

I went to two islands today. Emptied everything out in order to catch tarantulas on the second one earlier this evening, but none spawned. As soon as I returned to my own island I saw a tarantula right by my house. Egh. At least I collected enough eggs for the last bunny day recipe I needed to craft. And I caught a new fish. I still haven't sold my turnips yet. I missed out on the Monday and Tuesday mornings prices, could only check out the afternoons and neither were much profit, nor was Wednesdays or yesterdays. Todays was even worse. But then I did have to buy them for 103 bells which was at the higher end of the pricing. Good thing I didn't buy too many. Will have to sell them tomorrow whatever the price is or they'll go bad and I'll lose all the money I spent on them. Better to just get something back. Hopefully this Sunday they'll be cheaper.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Quote:
Just cherries and apples to go now.
Same here!
Quote:
Got an update this morning from Nintendo and now I have version 1.1.3 which I've read has now fixed that bug. Thank goodness. Though I've slowed down on the balloon popping anyway because I don't need anymore sky eggs.
I'm on that version now too.
Quote:
Wish I knew someone in my family or a friend who could trade stuff with me but no one I know plays the game. Which is why I tend to give my villagers lots of presents in the hope they'll give me something good.
You could add me any time (SW-3767-2617-4782). but I should really give more presents too.
Quote:
So I completed my bunny day recipes! Now for rest of the cherry blossom ones. Got Sunday till Thursday free. Should be able to do it, I hope!
I just keep finding more recipes!
Quote:
Emptied everything out in order to catch tarantulas on the second one earlier this evening, but none spawned.
I don't have the patience or inventory space to do that anywhere yet.
Quote:
I still haven't sold my turnips yet. I missed out on the Monday and Tuesday mornings prices, could only check out the afternoons and neither were much profit, nor was Wednesdays or yesterdays. Todays was even worse. But then I did have to buy them for 103 bells which was at the higher end of the pricing. Good thing I didn't buy too many. Will have to sell them tomorrow whatever the price is or they'll go bad and I'll lose all the money I spent on them. Better to just get something back. Hopefully this Sunday they'll be cheaper.
no-one appeared to sell them on my island last week. but I've been crafting a ton of the hot items where possible. I made about 15 wooden block tables today.

I've paid off the loan to increase the interior size of my house and I paid for an incline
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave

Last edited by Violent Delights; 04-03-2020 at 03:18 PM
Old 04-04-2020, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I caught 10 tarantulas last night, but wouldn't be able to do that each night.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Cool, thanks Dave. I have collected plenty of cherry blossom petals. But still no recipes. The only Sakura/cherry blossom recipes/items I have are the lantern, the sakura wall and floor, and the cherry blossom branches. Oh and the picnic of course that Isabelle gave me. I doubt I'll be able to get the wand as I haven't caught star fragments, not seen a meteor yet. And I'm not too bothered about the pochette, but I really want the pond stone, bonsai and the cherry blossom wall and floor. I haven't had much luck with those recipes at all.

Oh it's definitely worth it with catching the tarantulas. Just got to get lucky with the right sort of island to do it on. Problem is, because there's more bugs around now, they're more difficult to spawn. They won't be around after April until September I think.

Nice! I'm on my way to soon pay off my next loan. Got 800K bells saved up again. Mabel's shop opened today, bought a few clothes. I'm torn with doing the turnips this week. They're more expensive to buy than last week at 107 bells this time. Not great, really. But given that I've got Monday and Tuesday mornings free I hope to get lucky with the profit this time. Might buy some this afternoon.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I looked briefly for meteors, but seeing as it's literally just standing there, I never try for long.

I've read about that. I've only got the island with a moat once though (and I ran out of inventory space before I could clear it).

I haven't played it yet today. but I will later. Hopefully I see the turnip lady, but I think I'm pretty low on bells. I have the campsite, so I just need to work on what's next.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 04-05-2020, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I've looked for them too whenever I had Celeste on my island, but never seen one. Apparently, they're only guaranteed to appear when Isabelle makes an announcement about it.

I finally got a cherry blossom recipe today! Got the wallpaper. Getting there. And if I do get the recipe for the wand I guess it doesn't matter if it takes me a little longer to find star fragments. I expect the cherry blossom petals will remain in your inventory after the 10th.

Yeah, you have to get pretty lucky with the island in order to catch lots of tarantulas. I did just that tonight. Went really well, the island only had a small pond and one small cliff. Caught about 32 of them. Think I made about 250K bells. Yeah, I got the tent for the campsite. Haven't set it up yet though. Will probably do that tomorrow.

I never ended up getting the turnips today. Just don't see it worth it for me. I'd rather catch tarantulas. It may be a little time consuming but making 250k in one evening is better than hoping for a profit.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I caught a ghost the other day!!!

I jsut got my first house upgrade from the tent. Still need to get a shovel and axe.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

How the eff do you get a shovel and axe?
Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

If they've not been gifted to you as recipes, then maybe you need to buy them, either from the ATM machine thing, or the younger Nook's. Sometimes you need to speak to Tom to progress certain things.

I googled it If you donate five fish or bugs to him for the museum, he'll give you a recipe to craft it.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 04-07-2020, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yep, that's the first way of getting them.

I set up the campsite. Should get visitors soon. Paid off my next loan and still have just over a million bells saved. That's an achievement. I had Label on my island today. She grades you on your fashion sense and gives you rewards. Got another cherry blossom recipe after popping several single coloured balloons. This time got the pochette. I really just want the flooring and the pond and I'll be fine with not having anything else.

Didn't do much else today except earn lots of Nook Miles. Got about 40,000. I've been trying to save them up lots before spending them.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

I had my first visitor yesterday and they moved in today.

I'm done with the egg/cherry blossom stuff, it's gone on long enough.

I never earn anywhere near that much of either, just enough miles for a couple of tickets a day and then I'm done. I've had no luck with them either.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 04-07-2020, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I finally got an axe and gifted a shovel from someone who lives on the island with me.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I'm done with the egg stuff, so tired of seeing the multicoloured balloons and catching eggs instead of fish. I have so many eggs left over...I'll wait until bunny day and then I'll either trade them with Zipper or just sell them. I'm getting tired of trying to pop regular balloons for cherry blossom recipes. I'm just not getting the luck there at all. I read that balloons spawn at certain times every 5 minutes, so like 9:19 and then 9:25, basically all the times that end in 9 and 5. They will still spawn if you just wait for them at the beach, but you have to be lucky at which end of the island you are at. If none spawn at one side, race to the other and it's likely they'll be there. I've popped like 3 or 4 already, just spotted another now. And yes! Got a cherry blossom wand. Ok. Now just the floor and pond.

I've got Flick on my island today. Don't know a whole lot about his character, except that he buys bugs from you for more bells at the shop. I've sold a few to him. He then uses the live models to make sculptures of any bug you give him. Not quite sure how it works but I'm not overly fussed about his...art?

Anyways. I'm playing as I'm posting this and I got another cherry blossom recipe! Got the leaves pile. Not the one I was hoping for. Ugh. Damn. At least it's another one off the list.

Yeah, I'm one to save up lots before doing much of anything. My island may look bare now, but I'll gradually start to use up the miles for stuff soon.

Got a visitor at the campsite today. Ed. He's another horse and a smug villager. Don't know if I want to invite him to live in Paradise or not. I know he'd probably get along with Winnie. She's sick today. Gave her some medicine. She's by far my favourite villager on my island so far.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread