Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow 3x09 The Climb: Episode Discussion

the climb
3x09 - episode discussion

DINAH LANCE
RETURNS HOME

Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is stunned when her father (Paul Blackthorne) delivers a very special Christmas gift – her mother, Dinah (guest star Alex Kingston).

Thor Freudenthal directed the episode written by Jake Coburn & Keto Shimizu (#309).

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

SO EXCITED FOR THIS can't wait to watch this tonight

gjgjghskldthkvekllhgdlkhthdbntkyhgd BIGGEST CLIFFHANGER EVER...best episode ever, I think

Last edited by crash landing; 12-10-2014 at 07:02 PM
Old 12-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was looking forward to it too... and now that I've watched it, I'm somewhat disappointed. For many reasons but mostly that it all seemed anticlimactic to me, and not because Oliver perishes in the end. It all fell a little flat for me.

I will say that Stephen has said that there was a lot of pride in how well this episode turned out, and he put a lot in so he should be proud. The climbing and the fight scene in the end looked like they took a lot of effort as far as training went. Kudos on that.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

I love John Barrowman, but Malcolm Merlyn has got to die before this season ends. He brainwashed his daughter into killing a friend just so he could get her brother to put his life on the line to free him from Ra's al Ghul. It was just so cold and heartless.

i really wish this show would stop making Ray so creepy. Him pinging Felicity's phone just so he could track her down and talk to her is just wrong. I love Felicity, but I'm not interested in her story with Ray whatsoever.

The Oliver/Felicity scene in the foundry was nice. I loved him telling her "if it's you asking, I'll do it." I did not have a problem with Felicity asking Oliver to kill Ra's. That was a situation where there was no other way.
Oliver telling her that he loved her was so simple and matter fact and just perfect.

I don't ever want to see Oliver get beat up like that again. His flashbacks to Robert, Moira, and Thea were great. The fact that Felicity was the last thing he thought of before he "died" was great. The show really let you know that Felicity was it for him.

Magnus and Alec
Old 12-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Such an amazing episode and had so many thoughts after the episode, still so many thoughts

Malcolm does need to die sadly cause John is absolutely brilliant as the character, really made me have love/hate feelings but now its just hate poor Thea
Old 12-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I expected much and it didn't pay off, but it was a good episode.

I love that Ollie would do everything for his sister.. even though she killed Sara, which by the way Cruel, very cruel!

What I really hate is those two parallel universums that seem to exists at the moment.. The Ollie and the Laurel one.. I really hate that he didn't seem to bother at all to say goodbye to her.. This is totally out of character IMO and I really hate it

When the show is back Olicity has finally going to happen otherwise I fear it will annoy me the back and forth needs to stop

Since we all know Ollie can't die I wonder what kind of "Sherlock" thing they have in their pocketses to solve this thing

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-12-2014, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
What I really hate is those two parallel universums that seem to exists at the moment.. The Ollie and the Laurel one.. I really hate that he didn't seem to bother at all to say goodbye to her.. This is totally out of character IMO and I really hate it

When the show is back Olicity has finally going to happen otherwise I fear it will annoy me the back and forth needs to stop
In a friendship means; it really was a bother and annoying that Ollie didn't bother to say goodbye to Laurel. They may not be together but they've got a large history and I feel that they are really good friends currently, so he should have said goodbye. Especially with his leaving due to the situation being about Sara's death

Its the CW so I'm sure that they've got something to delay Olicity which they better not 1 he said that he loved her and 2nd she was the last thing on his mind before he "faded". To the 2nd half of the season, better be them together or at least Ollie making the effort to show her that he is ready. He has had feelings all season but been pushing her away, so better be that he's willing to think of a future with her and proving to her that he does want to be with her. Or I'll be extremely pissy
Old 12-15-2014, 01:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I any means yes.. I'm not just daying this because I'm a shipper.. it really felt totally out of the odds that he didn't say goodbye..
I have a light hope how they could make this up, but I doubt it will happen

They really have to stop all this back and forth with those two If it goes on anymore it won't be romantic or anything for me anymore..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't know what it is but I'm just not able to like Ray at all. Might like him more as he becomes Atom.
Old 12-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think he became more likeable when he told his story..

BTW I looooved Felicity's comment "Why does this keep happening to me?"

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2014, 05:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think it might be because I like Oliver and Felicity so just the idea of Ray having her makes me dislike him :L
Old 12-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think at the moment Felicity is so in love with Ollie that there's so possibility for Ray to "have" her

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2014, 07:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I think he became more likeable when he told his story..

BTW I looooved Felicity's comment "Why does this keep happening to me?"
Felicity has the best one liners ever!!!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Together with Diggle

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Absolute Fan

I think Diggle has the best facial expressions.