Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow 3x07 Draw Back Your Bow: Episode Discussion

draw back your bow
3x07 - episode discussion

AUSTIN BUTLER (“THE CARRIE DIARIES”) JOINS THE CAST AS CHASE;
OLIVER DEALS WITH CARRIE CUTTER

Oliver (Stephen Amell) must stop an Arrow-obsessed serial killer, Carrie Cutter (guest star Amy Gumenick), who is convinced that The Arrow is her one true love and will stop at nothing to get his attention. Unfortunately, her way of getting his attention is to kill people. Meanwhile, Ray (Brandon Routh) asks Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) to be his date for a work dinner with important clients. Thea (Willa Holland) auditions new DJs for Verdant and meets Chase (Austin Butler), a brash DJ with whom she immediately clashes.

Rob Hardy directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (#307).

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 12-02-2014 at 04:11 AM
Old 11-21-2014, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

So what did you guys think of this episode??
I thought it was rather lame Definitely not one of my favorites..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

I didn't really care for the Ray/Felicity stuff, but I really enjoyed everything else.

Cupid was a nutcase, but she was so much fun. I loved the look on Oliver's face after he saved her the 2nd time and she told him I knew you loved me. I hope she comes back.

Oliver's feelings for Felicity were on display the entire episode and I like seeing him talk about how he was feeling with Diggle.

Diggle is such an Olicity shipper and I love that he knows that they can make each other happy.

I felt so bad for Oliver seeing Felicity kiss Ray. I know he's the one who said they shouldn't be together, but it doesn't mean that his feelings just went away.

Like that Oliver and Roy took Diggle up on his dinner invitation.

I want to see more exploration of Felicity's feelings for Oliver. In 3.01, 3.05, and this episode, Oliver's feelings for Felicity are crystal clear. He loves her and he wants her and I want to see a little more from Felicity's side.

Magnus and Alec
Old 11-28-2014, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not really sure how this episode moved the story forward, or will lead into the Flash/Arrow cross over, which is kind of what I thought this episode should have done. Honestly, it felt like filler.

I also don't like how Felicity was characterized but that's a whole different discussion.

The Oliver/Roy/Diggle scene at the end, and the sense of family between them all, was really the only part of the whole episode that felt genuine and true to the show. I think it goes largely unsaid but Diggle really is becoming the heart of Team Arrow. Or, at the very least, he's the father figure to the group. Everyone comes to him for advice and he's always looking out for them all.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very true.. I like the he is the glue that sticks them all together in the end

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-04-2014, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was would have worked better as a Valentine Day special