Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2015, 09:13 AM
Addicted Fan

She does, indeed, stay true to form.

Just finished part 3 last night (40% through, roughly). Lots of things converging, which is pretty fascinating. I'm waiting, however, for Bree and the kids to pop back up. She has a bad habit of just leaving letters for people when she makes the decision to time travel.

I will say that if the show gets this far, it will have its work cut out for it. So many characters reappearing as younger versions of themselves ... 7-8 years into production? That will certainly hold many challenges, I'm sure, but I would love to see them make it that far.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Addicted Fan

This book seems different from the others. It's good, but it's a little more linear considering they're bouncing back and forth between multiple times. I last encountered Bree and the kids two or three whole parts back (which is essentially a third of the book!), but it was nice to see the linear storytelling of the battle and the characters involved there.

Anxious, though, to figure out what happened with Bree, Roger and the kids, since the last thing we heard from her was that letter she left for Joe Abernathy. But I snuck a peek at the first page of the next part and the subhead said "1980", so I think I'm back to her and the kids at least (let's not even get started on when Roger will rejoin his family!).

Anyway ... Still reading.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

I just brought this book..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Will you be reading or do you have others to read first?

Okay couldn't think of anywhere better to ask this than at the end, because me and my mom are arguing because we forgot.

How many children do Jamie and Claire have? There's Brianna... the sillborn? I thought they had a boy? I know Jamie has two children with Laoghaire.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

I will read others til this one..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

ooo okay
Old 04-29-2015, 01:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
How many children do Jamie and Claire have? There's Brianna... the sillborn? I thought they had a boy? I know Jamie has two children with Laoghaire.
Jamie and Claire
Faith Fraser (stillborn in Dragonfly in Amber)
Brianna Randall Fraser (born in the US after Jamie sends Claire back through stones in DIA)
Fergus Fraser (street urchin, adopted by J/C in Paris during DIA, raised by Jenny Murray)

Jamie and Geneva Dunsany
William Ransom (technically illegitimate, but born to Geneva and Lord Ellesmere after the two were married in Voyager; adopted by Lord John Grey and his wife (Geneva's sister); William finds out his true parentage toward the end of An Echo in the Bone; odd season where Claire actually becomes William's stepmother in AEITB)

Jamie and Laoghaire MacKenzie Fraser
Joan MacKimmie (Laoghaire's daughter from previous marriage; becomes a nun)
Marsali MacKimmie (Laoghaire's daughter from previous marriage; marries Fergus)

I think that's it ... The only natural children being Faith, Brianna, and William.

For a visual (personally, I find it even more confusing to look at the family tree, but it might help some visualize it better), click here.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so thankful this got cleared up. I knew the boy was in here somewhere. My moms just started the second book again so we were both arguing about haha
Old 04-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Addicted Fan

^ No problem! How far along have you read at this point, Jade?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm done! Kind of a bizarre middle book (I feel like the books come in sets of three with their major story arcs -- this one felt very much a bridge), but the end had me blubbering and pumping my fists in the air in excitement.

And, now ... I get to wait for two years for the next book. If I had been intelligent at the beginning of this endeavor, I would have taken a two-year break after book 6 so that I could read 7-9 all together. Oh well.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did Diana leave it on a big cliffhanger or hopeful?

The next one should be the last so I was wondering if you see what path she's leading towards the end or are there a lot of loose ends. It may be another 800 page tome if there are so may stories to close.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:31 PM
Addicted Fan

There's actually almost no cliffhanger, save the coming warfare and conclusion of the American Revolution and the lingering question of how Bree, Roger and the kids got from where they were back to the Ridge ... And that's honestly the part I'm most curious about!

From what she has said, DG says she's working on the 9th book, but she has no idea if that will be where it ends or not. I guess if she finishes this one and still has more to tell, she'll start another. I would think she could wrap things pretty well, based on where they're at now, but you never know!

This one seemed to read a lot faster than some of the other later books -- or at least it did for me. It's the first one I've finished in my 3-week library loan window since maybe DIA/Voyager.

Edit: It's something that happens in these last few books, but Bree and Roger try to compile all of their knowledge about the time travel into a book for their children so their children may one day understand it. They seem to be incredibly close to doing so ... and it makes me wonder if DG will actually end the series soon, as they finally figure out the last threads. That's just a theory, though.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
^ No problem! How far along have you read at this point, Jade?
Book 6 I think I left off at and read online about 7 and 8. I wanted to read Peculiar Children instead Now I'm re-reading book 1 again!
Old 12-09-2015, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

simplified the op