Thats not good...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 01-02-2019, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
The F? It was the 70's and men having chest hair was a good thing. I don't think Brianna playing with it was creepy because chest hair was normal back then. I think chest pubes are gross as well, but the fans are being ridiculous.

His character really has been unsympathetic this season. From his fight with Brianna about marriage and her virginity, hiding the truth from her and being a sexist caveman on their wedding night, he really has been an . I want him and Jamie to find Bonnet and just kill him.

He deserves the right to explain why he left, though. It was all Bonnett, not him. He was being threatened and will feel guilty as hell when he finds out Brianna was raped. I want this baby to be his. One Fraser who got raped deserves some happiness. Ian isn't really okay based on his talk with Jamie and I have no idea how Fergus got past being raped and then losing his hand. It was extremely upsetting to watch Randall be a pedophile. I have my limits and violence against pregnant women and children and rape scenes are a lot for me to deal with. I handled Jamie's because they were so careful and appropriate about it. I got mad when even Ian got raped because he's just a kid. They don't show it, but it's still nauseating and I don't get why the author thinks these scenes and plots are necessary for the story. The book is great so far, but it pisses me off.

They were so cute when they started off, but this season, he keeps getting in his own way. I hope their fight and having his ass kicked has changed him.
He's been made unsympathetic to me too. Most of the time, he's acting like a sulky child
Old 01-03-2019, 08:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Only time will Tell if he will Change...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 01-03-2019, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
now that you mention, there's so much rape on this show, disproportionately so even if we count in the era and environment
Exactly, which is why I'm so pissed. I mean, even GOT doesn't have this much rape. The U.K. and the U.S. did not have this much rape back then. The Middle Ages and possibly the Renessaince(sp?) did, but not the 18th century.

I don't see how Brianna getting raped advances the damn plot. As upset as I was about pedophilia with Ian,Geillis was a lunatic and it might have been necessary to show that she was a pedophile on top of everything.

Who's the daddy plots are so soap-ish and this show is not a soap opera. I don't want Roger to raise her rapist's child. It's not about rape babies as much as how unfair it is to deny them happiness. It also means Bonnet wins, which is just...ew.

I want him to change, because that poor girl deserves better. Her father dies, she finds out he's not her father, she lets go of her mother so she can go back to Jamie and then breaks up with Roger,gets back together and marries him, gets raped and thinks she's lost him for good. Then she gets pregnant with her rapist's child(total b.s.) and now her husband could get murdered. She's never going to forgive Lizzie if Roger dies.

Lizzie is such a dingbat. She could have asked who the man Brianna was arguing with was. He's not the one who raped her, so why wouldn't she tell her about Roger?
Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 AM
Master Fan

this rape thing never has an end in the books. not now or in the future.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Diana must have a fixation with it
Old 01-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 01-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Love (View Post)
this rape thing never has an end in the books. not now or in the future.
Well okay, then. Thank you for sparing me from reading past book one. I bought a lot on Audible, but I don't have much tolerance for rape. If it happens once or twice because it's necessary for the plot, fine. If it keeps happing, that's sick and disgusting. This isn't Game of Thrones, this is a Romantic Fantasy show. I want to see couples and their drama and Jamie and Claire's love, or characters like Frank, Murtagha and that doctor friend of Claire's. They're normies, but they're lovable.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well okay, then. Thank you for sparing me from reading past book one. I bought a lot on Audible, but I don't have much tolerance for rape. If it happens once or twice because it's necessary for the plot, fine. If it keeps happing, that's sick and disgusting. This isn't Game of Thrones, this is a Romantic Fantasy show. I want to see couples and their drama and Jamie and Claire's love, or characters like Frank, Murtagha and that doctor friend of Claire's. They're normies, but they're lovable.
i believe, and i say that for myself, its more than worth to read the books, even with all the bad situations it happens during the story. I dont like them either, believe me, but there is a lot of good stuff. im one who likes to read novels, love stories more than anything else and i recomend you to read these books. if it gets to parts you dont like just dont read those parts. anyway, its worth reading.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:35 PM
Master Fan

How triggering is it? If it's more than 25%,that concerns me. I could try and skip past it, although that's tricky with audiobooks.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
How triggering is it? If it's more than 25%,that concerns me. I could try and skip past it, although that's tricky with audiobooks.
well, i dont think i can tell much more about it here since its book spoilers, but not much more. it happens one mmore time i believe.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sad, but true. We never really find out who's the baby is. Without too much detail (although it can be discussed in book threads here) there are accusations thrown around from time to time in the books, especially when Bonnet and Roger come back into play. I wish I could say more about their relationships, but for now viewers are going to have to deal with never knowing sadly.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

http://www.fanforum.com/f448/roger-m.../#post96143021