Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Spoiler:
Old 04-09-2016, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All the awards and applause to Tobias for another incredible performance. What a gem he is! He conveyed all of Frank's roller coaster emotions with such excellence! His role in this show isn't an easy one to play and he has just nailed every scene!
Old 04-10-2016, 04:20 AM
Master Fan

he suffers a lot from this situation
that was a lot of pain to absorb with all these new information
Old 04-10-2016, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
All the awards and applause to Tobias for another incredible performance. What a gem he is! He conveyed all of Frank's roller coaster emotions with such excellence! His role in this show isn't an easy one to play and he has just nailed every scene!
his role is small, but mighty!
Old 04-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If I recall ... those scenes aren't in Book 2, right? It's been so long since I've read it ...

I thought it was a great idea to have that scene where they talk things out ... and very inspired to show the passage of the time it takes for her to tell the story by having it be morning when they finally stop talking.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

no, they aren't. It's better this way, my concern is what they are going to leave out though to fit the whole book in the season!
Old 04-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah bec from I remember, he wasn't in the book that much..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-11-2016, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Added Menzies to the title and also updated the OP with s2 promo photo.

As for Frank, i loved seeing his extra scenes in the first episode, but i have expressed how dissatisfied I am with him and his act of near abuse in the episode thread.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Added Menzies to the title and also updated the OP with s2 promo photo.

As for Frank, i loved seeing his extra scenes in the first episode, but i have expressed how dissatisfied I am with him and his act of near abuse in the episode thread.
Hi, Jade! Well, I don't consider a "near act" to be an actual act. The fact remains that he never laid a hand on her, regardless of how angry he got when he found out she was pregnant by another man. It's like what they say about "close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." Let's also not forget that between the two men, the only one who actually committed an act of "abuse" towards Claire was Jamie, when he beat her in season one. Sure, you could say it was "the time period," but it was still abuse.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 04-11-2016 at 02:20 PM
Old 04-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

yes, it's a big difference. Like nearly killing someone and killing them, doesn't even compare!
Old 04-11-2016, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, no, I wouldn't even say that. You could severely injure someone and nearly kill them, but that's still causing them harm. I'm referring to the difference between doing something and not doing something. Taking a posture but not actually committing an act is what isn't the same. In this case, Frank got angry and took a hostile posture, but he still held back and did not touch Claire. Jamie, on the other hand, did strike Claire repeatedly, regardless of what was "acceptable at the time."
Old 04-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

"Tobias Menzies continues to be Outlander’s secret weapon. His work as Black Jack and Frank Randall is extraordinary and from the first episode alone, he has stepped up his game, if that was even possible. Menzies does an incredible job of making viewers feel for Frank and the position he’s in. With Jamie and Claire’s romance so beloved by fans, it could be hard to like Frank, however Menzies humanizes him and makes him a character fans will have to try hard to dislike. Frank’s utter loyalty and compassion for Claire is prevalent from the moment the duo share a scene together. His love for her is plastered on his face, even though it’s obvious that the Claire that has returned to him is vastly different from the woman he fell in love with."
Old 04-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, no, I wouldn't even say that. You could severely injure someone and nearly kill them, but that's still causing them harm. I'm referring to the difference between doing something and not doing something. Taking a posture but not actually committing an act is what isn't the same. In this case, Frank got angry and took a hostile posture, but he still held back and did not touch Claire. Jamie, on the other hand, did strike Claire repeatedly, regardless of what was "acceptable at the time."
Yeah, I agree w/ this even tho I don't get why she's okay after she told Jamie off and he said he willing to do that again or something like that unlike Frank that he know where not to cross the line..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-12-2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 04-12-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
"Tobias Menzies continues to be Outlander’s secret weapon. His work as Black Jack and Frank Randall is extraordinary and from the first episode alone, he has stepped up his game, if that was even possible. Menzies does an incredible job of making viewers feel for Frank and the position he’s in. With Jamie and Claire’s romance so beloved by fans, it could be hard to like Frank, however Menzies humanizes him and makes him a character fans will have to try hard to dislike. Frank’s utter loyalty and compassion for Claire is prevalent from the moment the duo share a scene together. His love for her is plastered on his face, even though it’s obvious that the Claire that has returned to him is vastly different from the woman he fell in love with."
Thanks for the quote! And for the pic! I'm glad Tobias and Frank are getting the props they deserve on the show.