Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great gifsets. Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm the Sassenach Your Mother Warned You About • Good morning Outlanders! Have a new Jamie...
Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

I had no idea he was 34! Obviously Jamie is much younger than 34...but Sam looks really good...like I would have not thought he was 34 at all. I would have said late 20's maybe 30.

Now if I could just meet someone who looks just like him...
Old 10-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
I had no idea he was 34! Obviously Jamie is much younger than 34...but Sam looks really good...like I would have not thought he was 34 at all. I would have said late 20's maybe 30.

Now if I could just meet someone who looks just like him...
He definitely looks more in his 20s than 30s. I would have guessed 27 maybe?
Old 10-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jenny, watching him, said, “That’s funny, that is. I’ve not seen him do that since he was quite small.”

“Do what?”

She nodded. “Smile in his sleep. He used always to do it, if ye came by and petted him in his cradle, or even later, in his trundle. Sometimes Mother and I would take it in turns to stroke his head and see could we make him smile; he always would.”

“That’s odd, isn’t it?” I experimented, running a hand gently down the back of his head and neck. Sure enough, I was rewarded at once by a singularly sweet smile that lingered for a moment before the lines of his face relaxed once more into the rather stern expression he presented when asleep.

“I wonder why he does that,” I said, watching him in fascination. Jenny shrugged and grinned at me.

“I imagine it means he’s happy.”

Source X

Love this!

Last edited by CityGal; 10-09-2014 at 11:20 PM
Old 10-10-2014, 04:11 AM
Extreme Fan

The ginger males of the world will end up owing a great deal of thanks to Life Ruiner Samwise Heughan, I do believe.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that post, CityGal. I loved that part
Old 10-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the gifs as well as the gifset,

-Lisa-
Old 10-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last month's Sam interview by Reuters Sept. 10th. Nice and interesting.

A Minute With: Sam Heughan on being an 'Outlander' heartthrob | Reuters
Quote:
A Minute With: Sam Heughan on being an 'Outlander' heartthrob

(Reuters) - As one of the leading actors on Starz's new time-travel romance series "Outlander," Scottish actor Sam Heughan suddenly found both himself and kilt were under scrutiny.

"I always find it quite strange when people want to know more about the actor than they do about the show," Heughan said of his recent U.S. tour to promote the show.

"There were a lot of questions about the kilt and what's under it," he added with a laugh.

The premiere of "Outlander" last month drew 5 million viewers, the largest multi-platform audience in Starz history. The genre-bending series based on Diana Gabaldon's book series follows a woman named Claire, who is swept back in time to the Scottish Highlands in the 1700s.

Heughan, 34, plays Jamie, a Scottish clansman who becomes embroiled in a star-crossed romance with Claire (played by Caitriona Balfe).

The actor spoke to Reuters about what drew him to Jamie, how the show plays into the upcoming Scottish independence referendum, and how he feels about being a pin-up.

Q: Why does a story set in 18th century Scotland resonate with a contemporary U.S. audience?

A: I think (author Diana Gabaldon) creates a world you can escape to, they're quite extensive worlds that she's written. I guess it's a form of escapism for people because you see it through the eyes of Claire. We all like to imagine how we would be maybe in that scenario, and even though there's the time traveling element, it is a very realistic world.

Q: The discord between England and Scotland in the 18th century is echoed in the upcoming referendum where Scots will vote on whether to become independent from the United Kingdom. What does the show lend to that conversation?

A: I suppose you can't help but draw parallels. Scotland has a really important decision on its future, however in the period we're dealing with, yes there's a lot of politics, but it's not so black and white. There were a lot of Scots in the British army, the Scottish clans were always battling each other unless there was a common enemy, which was generally the British army.

It's an age-long battle that Scotland has had with itself, it's always in fluctuation, the border has always changed. If anything, I hope (the show) draws a focus to Scotland and it makes people think about the decisions that have to be made. It feels like the right sort of time for the show to come out.

Q: What qualities did you admire in Jamie?

A: He's irrepressible, he doesn't let things get to him, he's got a straight forward way of thinking, which I quite like. It's that period in the show, coming to understand what it meant for a man to give his word about something, about honor and about justice as well - the lines are a lot more blurred these days, maybe we don't take people for their word.

Q: How did you and Caitriona interpret Claire and Jamie's attraction?

A: We didn't want to get ahead of ourselves, we didn't want to make any prejudgments, we wanted for them to discover each other as the viewers discover them. Obviously they're thrust into this wedding and therefore married, but that's the only thing that really connects them, they have to find out more about each other.

Q: How does it feel to be a newly minted heartthrob?

A: I'm flattered, I just feel lucky that he's a great character. You start watching the series and you think he's one thing, but you find out he's an outlaw, and he changes a lot.

I love his relationship with Claire, I think it's nice to see something that's complicated. He's quite honorable and true to his word, which I think in this period is quite admirable. (Reporting by Piya Sinha-Roy; Editing by Ken Wills)
Old 10-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the interview!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Good interview! Thanks for posting it!
Old 10-12-2014, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love that gifset.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sam tweeted:

In this months issue of @muscle_fitness

So proud! Thank you. (How about a cover next guys!??