Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion | 4x12 ‘Providence’ {AIRS: 20th January, 2019}

4x12 'Providence'
{AIRS: 20th January, 2019}

Brianna confronts a violent figure from her past in an attempt to cope with her trauma;
Roger befriends a fellow captive and endeavors to escape the Mohawk Village, while
Fergus and Marsali plan a dangerous mission.

Old 01-17-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait for this one!
Old 01-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Supreme Fan

This one looks good. Can't wait to see Jamie's reaction if he finds out that Lord John is now engaged to Bree. Raising one of Jamie's kids, and about to marry the other. Even if I believe that something will stop the wedding, I can't help picturing the reaction .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-21-2019, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

the best scene was with Roger in the tent. very emotional and a brilliant act by Richard
Old 01-21-2019, 07:25 AM
Supreme Fan

I felt so bad for him at the end of the episode, though I laughed aloud when he said something like, "Go ahead, return me to the idiot hut." Richard rocked the episode.

I just knew that somehow Bonnet would end up reaping the benefit of the escape plan to get Murtagh .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn’t really like this one. Nothing happened to move the plot forward.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All I can say is.... what... the... ??? I mean, that ending... I've seen men and women in love do some crazy stuff, but... god .

And of course, Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber just killed it. It worked for Platoon, so why not here? Man, Roger really upped his status with me after this episode.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

I've lost all patience with the lack of Claire and Jamie in recent episodes. I was frustrated sitting through all that time wasted in this ep with the priest when I was desperate for Claire, Jamie and Ian to FINALLY show up and get him out of there. Sadly, it won't happen until the finale, and they'll have to cram everything into that last ep ... recovering Roger, getting back to Brianna, and whatever comes next for Murtagh and Bonnet, etc.

Something just feels off to me about the pacing this season. They should have been able to balance things out better so Jaime and Claire don't get completely left out of episodes. And Roger's ordeal has taken up way too much screen time without really contributing anything substantial to the plot.

Without knowing anything specific about the finale, I'm going to assume we'll get at least Roger/Claire/Jamie reunion, Jamie/Ian apology to Roger, Roger/Brianna reconciliation and Brianna forgiving Jamie, among other things. I just can't see how all of that will be given the screen time it deserves. I watch Outlander for those sorts of scenes, where characters stop and talk through angsty issues, and in the past they've allowed a lot more space for that then other series would. I'd love it if the whole series were nothing but scenes like Claire/Jamie talking like they did at the end of "If Not For Hope". I just don't see there being time in the finale for all the different talks that need to happen.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:11 AM
Master Fan

Bonnett did escape? Wtf?!

I thought he died in the explosion. It shows the place exploding before he can reach the keys.

Roger is a moron for going back for the priest. The priest caused a distraction so he could escape and he came back for him.

Jamie will keel over if he finds out about John and Bree. It's such a soap opera. I mean, if they do marry, she'll be her brother's stepmother.

I'm so glad F/M are moving to Fraser's Ridge. Once Roger/Brianna are reunited, they'll be a big, happy family.

I don't get why she wanted to see Bonnet. How did it help? I don't even know what he gave her before she left.

ITA about Roger's storyline. It took up space and it's been moving at a snail's pace. I don't care about the stupid priest and that last scene reminds me of India. Until it was outlawed, the woman would burn with the man,so it didn't phase me. They should have shown the three of them making progress instead.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

As a non-book reader, I am loving season 4. Every scene with Roger and Bree has me transfixed at this point. Yes, we don't see much of J&C but I see the time with Roger and Bree as making the story richer.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)

Roger is a moron for going back for the priest. The priest caused a distraction so he could escape and he came back for him.
I do not think he was moron to return, as the actor said in an interview, it was not the character's character to turn his back on such a situation, imagine if it was Jaime in his place so many people who would be surprised and hate this attitude, was it stupid to throw away his chance to get away? yes it was, but if he did not care to the situation he would be a very poor human being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I don't get why she wanted to see Bonnet. How did it help? I don't even know what he gave her before she left.
She went to Bonnet to give a sense of closure to the pain and suffering she had felt since the rape, and as she herself told Lord John when she showed him the letter from her father (Jaime), she needed it to be able to move on, but not getting revenge, but somehow forgiving and she knowing that he would be executed by hanging without her needing it, would close this chapter of her life.
And what Bonnet gave her was a gemstone to help with the raising of the child she expects.

The Rogue Prince
Old 01-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Roger is simly human. and has a bug heart. i really like him and he is one of my favs
Old 01-23-2019, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

The finale will be quite packed but knowing the team they’ll leave the best bit as a cliff hanger
Old 01-28-2019, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice83 (View Post)
I do not think he was moron to return, as the actor said in an interview, it was not the character's character to turn his back on such a situation, imagine if it was Jaime in his place so many people who would be surprised and hate this attitude, was it stupid to throw away his chance to get away? yes it was, but if he did not care to the situation he would be a very poor human being.

She went to Bonnet to give a sense of closure to the pain and suffering she had felt since the rape, and as she herself told Lord John when she showed him the letter from her father (Jaime), she needed it to be able to move on, but not getting revenge, but somehow forgiving and she knowing that he would be executed by hanging without her needing it, would close this chapter of her life.
And what Bonnet gave her was a gemstone to help with the raising of the child she expects.
I suppose that's true, but the way the priest died was still god-awful. I didn't think it existed in western culture.

I suppose she did get closure and justice. He couldn't be smug because the baby will never know anything about him.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought his death was made worse by that woman