Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2019, 03:00 PM
Kindness is Free

Episode Discussion | 4x10 ‘The Deep Heart's Core’ {AIRS: 6th January, 2019}

4x09 'The Deep Heart's Core'
{AIRS: 6th January, 2019}

Jamie and Claire keep secrets from one another as they try to help Brianna process her recent
trauma; however, the secrets they keep cause a bigger familial rift once they are revealed.

Old 01-06-2019, 03:35 PM
Kindness is Free

Can’t wait to start discussing this one later
Old 01-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

Whoa ... that was an awesome episode! I'm glad that it finally came to light that the baby CAN be Roger's. Also glad that the truth came out as well, that the man Jamie beat up was Brianna's handfast husband.
EDMUND & FLORENCE (THE BOOKSHOP)

Last edited by Wes&FredFan; 01-06-2019 at 07:53 PM
Wes&FredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

I’m not well versed on traditional “handfasting” but it didn’t seem to matter much to Jamie. I found this a bit confusing.

I thought the costumes for the Mohawk were quite interesting. I am anxious to see if they catch Roger or if he touches the stone and travels through time.

I didn’t care for Brianna slapping both Jamie and Ian. I think she had the right to be very upset but I don’t like the slapping. I did like her ordering them to go get Roger…and I think the interaction with Claire was good.
Ann357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:58 AM
Kindness is Free

I liked this episode but it wasn't as good as the others. I found it a little dull at times.

I'm glad Brianna now knows the truth of everything and that Jacosta accepted her in, but I'm really not keen on how Brianna treats people. Forgetting how horrible she was to Roger, because I'd be there forever explaining. BUT The way she spoke to Jacosta, her tone so dirty and forward. There was just no need. Popping Ian's nose. There was just no need. And shouting at Jamie, maybe. But, the way she spoke to him when they were parting ways? NO NEED. They're making her out to be a right monster. (Which i'm gutted about because she's my OTP in the books.) Yes, she's lost Roger, but they did what they thought was best and even told her they would fix their mistake, so why is she SO horrible? They literally just could have been like "Oh well." But they weren't.

What Jamie said about her rape was a bit wrong. I get Brianna doesn't understand those times, but he does, even if he did misread his daughter's personality.

This episode, every time Brianna was on screen I just kept eye rolling. I really need a break from her next episode, or at least until Producers sort out the mistakes they've made.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:10 PM
Sara Lance Lover

This was a tough episode.

You know that I've long defended Frank Randall and wanted to see him get his due as a good father to Brianna. Well, after this episode I began feeling sorry for Jamie as well. I mean, yes, I felt angry at Jamie for what he did to Roger, but I didn't want Brianna to let him have it quite that much. I mean... she really let him have it. I just hope she'll forgive him later on. As much as I want to blame Lizzie and just strangle her for being an idiot... I can't really blame her either. Stephen Bonnet is the one to blame here.

I also liked how Jamie and Brianna bonded over the fact that they're both rape survivors, but that seemed to be undermined by what Jamie said to her later on when she told him about Roger. It didn't seem consistent with Jamie's character.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I liked this episode but it wasn't as good as the others. I found it a little dull at times.

I'm glad Brianna now knows the truth of everything and that Jacosta accepted her in, but I'm really not keen on how Brianna treats people. Forgetting how horrible she was to Roger, because I'd be there forever explaining. BUT The way she spoke to Jacosta, her tone so dirty and forward. There was just no need. Popping Ian's nose. There was just no need. And shouting at Jamie, maybe. But, the way she spoke to him when they were parting ways? NO NEED. They're making her out to be a right monster. (Which i'm gutted about because she's my OTP in the books.) Yes, she's lost Roger, but they did what they thought was best and even told her they would fix their mistake, so why is she SO horrible? They literally just could have been like "Oh well." But they weren't.

What Jamie said about her rape was a bit wrong. I get Brianna doesn't understand those times, but he does, even if he did misread his daughter's personality.

This episode, every time Brianna was on screen I just kept eye rolling. I really need a break from her next episode, or at least until Producers sort out the mistakes they've made.
Remind me what she said?

I'm not angry with her for slapping them because she deserved to know that the "rapist" was caught. I do want to strangle Lizzie because she's a idiot. Maybe it was what Jamie said to her, I don't know. He made me really upset and he bonded with her about being survivors. Why would she lie or make it up? Wtf?

I do agree about the rest, though.

I didn't like how sexist Roger was being when they had their fight, but there were mistakes on both sides.

This is all Stephen Bonnett's doing, but Lizzie really messed things up. I think Brianna should be yelling at her more than Jamie and Ian. How would they know who the rapist was? She said she was certain and she didn't even ask Brianna who the man outside the window was.

I don't think she's horrible, but I do think she went over the top. Calling Jamie a savage is just mean. I've always defended Frank and resented the way Claire treated him, but Jamie is getting to meet her now. He can't claim his son, but he can finally be a part of his legitimate child's life. He's trying his best and she already has a built-in preference for Frank. Frank would be really disappointed in her right now.

Randomly? I'm kind of happy that Claire referred to Frank as a man she loved. It always made me sad to see their scenes in the present. Yes, she tried to do things with him and bringing his mistress to the house and skipping her graduation was messed up, but I wanted her to love both of them. Jamie was the love of her life, but I wanted her to still love Frank a little. He was probably nasty because of the obituary.

I was so afraid for Roger, but the stone being in America is huge. The gems don't look like they're in good condition, though. Can he make it?

The others will feel like such serious crap if he goes through and they never find him.
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Sara Lance Lover

Yeah, that brings up a good point. How many stones are there around the world? There's Craig na dun, there's the one in the Caribbean, and now there's another one in New York? Did aliens put them there?

Old 01-07-2019, 10:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't find this episode boring or dull at all. I did think Brianna was a bit over-the-top after finding out what happened to Roger. Though she had an absolute right to be mad, I don't blame Jamie for doing what he did. He was going off of limited information from Lizzie, who didn't know the whole story.

Sure, he was irrational and should have investigated more before nearly killing the poor guy, but he's learning how to be a father to an adult woman who he's never met until recently. He's still learning about who Brianna is as a person; that she's not as fragile as he probably imagines her to be...

So a lot is definitely going on in Jamie's mind, and after being told that Brianna's 'attacker' was in the area, of course he's going to do something about it. Obviously, his reaction was overkill, but since he's still figuring this father-thing out, it would be natural for him to be super overprotective.

Both Jamie and Brianna have to figure their father-daughter relationship out, so I hope Roger doesn't pass through the stones back to his time because bringing back Roger will hopefully bridge the divide between Jamie and Brianna.
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:57 AM
Kindness is Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
This was a tough episode.

You know that I've long defended Frank Randall and wanted to see him get his due as a good father to Brianna. Well, after this episode I began feeling sorry for Jamie as well. I mean, yes, I felt angry at Jamie for what he did to Roger, but I didn't want Brianna to let him have it quite that much. I mean... she really let him have it. I just hope she'll forgive him later on. As much as I want to blame Lizzie and just strangle her for being an idiot... I can't really blame her either. Stephen Bonnet is the one to blame here.

I also liked how Jamie and Brianna bonded over the fact that they're both rape survivors, but that seemed to be undermined by what Jamie said to her later on when she told him about Roger. It didn't seem consistent with Jamie's character.
Amen to this. She was really REALLY horrible. He beat Roger to protect her honor when he found out it was a mistake, apologised and said he'd get him back. So WHY was she so insufferable? An when she was scowling at him in the carriage. Really not keen on the way this show is making the characters look.

I do prefer Franks story in the TV show to book though, so I see where you're coming from with Jamie. The book he was just horrible for the sake of being horrible, but I'm glad the TV show gave him a reason (the obituary). It feels more kind.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Was I the only one who loved Cait/Claire's expression when Ian knelt down to propose? Loved it! As if she's thinking "Are you serious?" Then Jamie said, "Get up you idiot."

Old 01-09-2019, 05:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, that brings up a good point. How many stones are there around the world? There's Craig na dun, there's the one in the Caribbean, and now there's another one in New York? Did aliens put them there?
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Kindness is Free

Isn't there two sets in the book?
Old 01-12-2019, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Kind of like a JK Rowling plotpoint and the additional Dumbledores. Now they're just here, there, and everywhere .

Old 01-13-2019, 10:35 AM
Kindness is Free

True