New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2017, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion | 3x09 'The Doldrums' {AIRS: 12th November, 2017}

3x09 'The Doldrums'
{AIRS: 12th November, 2017}

Claire and Jamie sail to the West Indies on an urgent quest; when the ship's superstitious
crew looks for someone to blame following a string of bad luck, rescue comes from an
unlikely source.

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman
sourburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

A solid episode, but very boring! I enjoy the fact that the opening credits changed again.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:29 PM
Moderator Support Team
Starfleet Officer

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Chris Pine

I don't think the ship's interior scenes were done right. The moving is not realistic, the characters hardly move at all.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

I liked it better than last week's. Clare and Marley's interactions were nice and she's not awful like Loaghire. It was so random that she and Fergus got married. I loved Mr. Willoughby the best,though.
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:04 AM
Moderator Support Team
Starfleet Officer

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Chris Pine

It's not that random since they were already virtually family
Old 11-13-2017, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I liked it better than last week's. Clare and Marley's interactions were nice and she's not awful like Loaghire. It was so random that she and Fergus got married. I loved Mr. Willoughby the best,though.
This is what made this episode!

Old 11-13-2017, 06:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I found the episode a bit dull. The ending was more interesting though.

I knew the show would be moving around, but I always find it difficult when they leave Scotland, because that was part of what I loved so much about season 1!

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's worrying me, because the show is getting real boring lately and we're not even to the boring part of the books

Old 11-14-2017, 08:41 AM
New Fan

I very much enjoyed Seasons 1 & 2. But I believe Season 3 has been a complete disaster. Voyager has been my favorite book. I have read all 8 books twice, and Voyager 4 times..

In season 3 the producers have eliminated all of the comedy, Made some of the books most memorable scenes, totally forgettable, such as the first time we met Mr. Willoughby, and Marsali .

I am now thinking that they will eliminate Furgus & Marsali's wedding. I don't remember in Ep 9, Jamie telling them they could not sleep together until they are married by a priest, even though he did make they sleep apart on the ship.

I have since cancelled my Starz subscription, and feel that Starz should get a new production crew if they intend on continuing the series.

I feel most sorry for those viewers who have not read the books. They don't know what they are missing
TimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

First and welcome! It's lovely to have you here Tim!

And I too have to agree with you, I have not been liking season 3 as much as i have the previous seasons. Marsali is the biggest let down of the on screen showing for sure.

Old 11-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

How were they introduced?

It really is a shame and I'm wondering how things were in the books. Jamie and Clare's reunion was supposed to be epic romance,but it was boring and awkward. I mean,they took the time and effort to show us how Frank and Clare's marriage went until he died. Why didn't they do the same for the two main characters?

I'm never going to stop watching this show,even if it's dull compared to last year. I feel like everything they did in the 60's was great,but the stuff in the past was lame,aside from a few key things,like Jamie's son and John Grey.
Old 11-14-2017, 01:56 PM
Passionate Fan

I haven't enjoyed this season as much either...I can't really put my finger on what it is that bothers me.

Besides it not holding my interest as much, I just find myself rolling my eyes off and on and I *never* used to do that. Outlander could have been cheesy a lot of times in the past 2 seasons but it somehow always managed to avoid it. I'm just not really into Jamie/Claire this season and it is really bizarre to me! I'm not believing it as much, some of the lines, etc. I don't know.

I hate to say it, because I LOVED season 1 and parts of season 2. It just feels like something has changed, but maybe it's me!

~Katie~
Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Addicted Fan

I thought the episode was okay. Not terrible, not great. Just okay.

I do like how the theme song changes as they travel to different places. Bear McCreary is great.
fallinrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Katie about Jamie and Claire, I feel the same. I feel like i’m Not really invested in them anymore. Like they built up them getting back to each other, which I was excited for and then I felt deflated when it actually happened because it was incredibly boring for a 20 year reunion. I think they’ve out played their welcome and I want it to move on to just Brianna and Roger, to test those waters before fans start to drop this show.

I don’t know if i’ll Stop watching it myself, but it’s definitly a chore. I mean I find myself pushing them back because I don’t really have the urgency to watch them.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Yeah,those two are more interesting. Do you think maybe they just ran out of material or something? Like,they were creatively blocked as far as the dialogue and other stuff went?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top