Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion | 3x07 'Creme de Menthe' {AIRS: 29th October, 2017}

3x07 'Creme de Menthe'
{AIRS: 29th October, 2017}

Claire's attacker falls and suffers a critical head injury, and she is unable to save his life.
Ian arrives looking for his son, young Ian. Jamie claims he has not seen the boy, though
young Ian has been working for him. Young Ian confronts an intruder at the print shop,
who discovers Jamie's treason. The shop is soon consumed by fire, but Jamie saves the boy.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:07 AM
Passionate Fan

I was happy to see some of the conflicts that arose between Jamie and Claire this week. It seemed natural...of course there will be BIG disagreements. They used to butt heads, and that was before they spent another 20 years apart! And they are from different era's, so their opinions are formed by different societies. I'll be very interested to see it all unfold. I was also very disappointed in Jamie's lying to Ian. I always appreciate flaws in fictional characters, though!

I was wondering if/when they were going to bring the "other wife" in!

One thing I don't like as much about the current season, that is just a result of where Jamie is currently living..is the lack of countryside. I miss seeing Scotland.

I was absolutely CRINGING when she was drilling into that guys brain. That is just one of those things...like watching someone have a needle put into their eye or something. I just can't handle it. And the sound!

~Katie~
Old 10-31-2017, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i agree about its kind of annoying its only about where jamie is living, I would also like to see more of scotland again
Old 10-31-2017, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

I can't watch this until my better half comes back. Looks like i'm going to have to steer clear
Old 10-31-2017, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I had to skip the surgery bit
Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM
Addicted Fan

I can't watch the surgery parts either.

I also didn't like Jamie lying to Ian, but I liked seeing Ian.

Love Fergus and Young Ian together!
Old 11-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Fergus and young Ian are a good team!
Old 11-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

This episode was depressing. She comes all the way back for him and son she'll find out that he has another wife.

Why couldn't he be honest with her? If he has a wife,how was his life dark and lonely without her?

Maybe it's canon,but I feel like they're just inventing this whole hurdle for them. She loved him so much that it was too hard for her to forget him and let Frank back into her heart. He didn't have a problem letting someone else into his heart and he married them.

Young Ian amused me to no end,although I Fergus and the menage a trois surprised me.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Fergus can be such a ladies' man!
Old 11-02-2017, 11:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
He didn't have a problem letting someone else into his heart and he married them.
I don't know why he married this other woman (who I knew about but don't know the reasoning or feelings) but I don't think loves her or ever loved her. I don't think he was lying to Claire about that...or at least I certainly hope he wasn't lying! We can't assume that he gave his heart to anyone else, simply because he married them. We don't know those details yet.

~Katie~
Old 11-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Addicted Fan

^ I'm kind of dreading next week. I've read the book so I vaguely remember what happens and I'm curious to see how it plays out on screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Fergus can be such a ladies' man!
He can! He's good with women.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
I don't know why he married this other woman (who I knew about but don't know the reasoning or feelings) but I don't think loves her or ever loved her. I don't think he was lying to Claire about that...or at least I certainly hope he wasn't lying! We can't assume that he gave his heart to anyone else, simply because he married them. We don't know those details yet.
I'm holding out hope,but he's married to someone else. i don't know how the marriage stands legally since Claire was his wife first,but he met someone else. The fact that he decided to lie about it in and of itself taints things.

She looks so sad in the previews.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

If I was Claire, I'd be on Jamie's side, I wouldn't have even tried to save the man.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Yeah,same here. Being a doctor doesn't mean you're blind to things. The man attacked her and he was after Jamie.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Exactly, I can’t speak for back then, but Claire did the same thing in the war. She chose to help soldiers of the opposing country in the war. In a way it’s a similar thing, except they aren’t fighting for themselves, they fight for a monarch. But this man went in with the intention of raping her and then decided to kill her instead before getting Jamie. The planet doesn’t need those sorts of people.