Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2015, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion | 1x14 'The Search' {AIRS: 9th May, 2015}

1x14 'The Search'
{AIRS: 9th May, 2015}

Claire and Jenny set out to rescue Jamie from his redcoat captors. When Murtagh joins up,
Jenny returns home to her family while Claire and the Highlander employ unorthodox tactics
to send word to Jamie. When word finally arrives, the news is not what anyone had hoped for.

Last edited by sourburst; 09-15-2016 at 03:32 AM
Old 05-08-2015, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one !
Old 05-08-2015, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome! I am still yet to watch the previous
Old 05-08-2015, 03:47 PM
Absolute Fan

Tftnt!

Can't wait to see this!

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 05-08-2015, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the thread.

I may actually be home by 9pm to watch this live tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread! I think I'm going to be watching live tonight ... maybe a half hour behind depending on when the kiddo goes to bed
Old 05-11-2015, 07:18 AM
Passionate Fan

I so loved seeing the 'old crowd' last night. I've really missed them. Murtagh needs to be in every episode! His dancing!

I was kind of surprised that Claire accepted Dougal's offer if they can't get Jamie back.(not that he isn't sexy but..) Is that what happened in the book? I guess maybe she felt like nothing would matter if Jamie was dead anyway.

~Katie~
Old 05-11-2015, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I had to watch this on the train this morning. This episode was really quite good. i loved the whole looking for Jamie and the touching moment between Claire and Murtagh.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
I was kind of surprised that Claire accepted Dougal's offer if they can't get Jamie back.(not that he isn't sexy but..) Is that what happened in the book? I guess maybe she felt like nothing would matter if Jamie was dead anyway.
This was what Matt Roberts (who wrote the episode) said about it:
Quote:
What did you think of Dougal's proposition of marriage?
The feeling of this is from the book — it's heightened in this scene — but in the books Claire won't agree to it. We wanted her to, though, because it's actually a great tactic to agree. And why not? It's a win-win for her, because if Jamie's dead then she's just going to the stones. For Dougal, his intention has always been to make himself more powerful and in 1744, more land is more power. So if he can take over the Lallybroch land he can be more powerful. These are the three most influential on his character, in Jamie's life other than Claire — Jenny, Dougal, Murtagh — so their feelings about Jamie, and how Claire negotiates each one of them, drives the story in each part.
-The Hollywood Reporter
Old 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess that is true. She probably just said yes to have him go along with her plan a little more, and she can always ditch and make a run for the stones if it doesn't turn out.

~Katie~
Old 05-11-2015, 02:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess that is true. She probably just said yes to have him go along with her plan a little more, and she can always ditch and make a run for the stones if it doesn't turn out.
That's what I was thinking as well.

And Murtagh's dancing... there are no words.

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 05-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Addicted Fan

I really enjoyed it, though there were some deviations (as mentioned) from the source material. This was one of my favorite sections of the first book, with Claire and Jenny and Murtagh all out on the road together. Made for some great comedy and a nice break for us as viewers before the intensity of the last two episodes.

I think what struck me the most is that even though Sam/Jamie wasn't actually in the episode, I didn't miss him. That's really good storytelling, in my opinion, if you can pull one of your leads out for an episode and he's still so deeply entrenched in the other characters' thoughts and actions that his presence is there somehow. It helped build up, too, to the fact he had been captured. I wondered whether they would splice in his story (as they did more with 107/109), but I'm glad that they kept it straight. So much of his experiences are told after they happen in the book, which helps build story tension.

Regardless, I really enjoyed the episode.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

I really enjoyed this episode! The singing & dancing - Murtaugh & Claire! And as much as I love Jamie...LOVE him I didn't "miss him" if that make sense...which even as I type it it doesn't seem too!

The fact that the song Claire sang was tune the tune of "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" was highly amusing to me! HIGHLY AMUSING!

I knew Claire didn't accept his proposal in the book. I was thinking back and I was like wait a second...what?! - but it doesn't really matter that much to me b/c of what has already been said. Cause clearly she knows if she can't save Jamie she's going to the stones...why would she stay.

Also want to mention one more time how much I love Jenny - didn't matter that she had literally just had a baby, she came out of Lallybroch with 2 guys tied to her waist and hoped up on a horse like it was nothing!
Old 05-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is another example of why I'm so glad it's been such a long time since I read the books. I think the scene was great and her choice made sense to me but if I had remembered that part from the book it might have felt wrong to me.

But I loved the episode. Jenny was awesome and Murtagh was gruff, funny and heartbreaking all at once.

I'm scared for next week. The preview gave me chills. I'm trying to prepare myself.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
That's what I was thinking as well.

And Murtagh's dancing... there are no words.
It was a complete fail