Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2015, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Speechless, brilliant episode ! The Jamie and Claire scenes really made me cry.

I have to mention Lotte and Cait performances during the trail ... fantastic scenes together!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:57 AM
Elite Fan

Just looking at those gifs is making me tear up! What got to me most was Jamie crying when she returned and when he stops her just before she is going to touch the stone. So heartbreaking, but beautiful. He wasn't ready for her to go yet
Old 04-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

IKR, poor Jamie . But she wasn't ready to leave him either

Loved that I found in another forum:

Old 04-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Just looking at those gifs is making me tear up! What got to me most was Jamie crying when she returned and when he stops her just before she is going to touch the stone. So heartbreaking, but beautiful. He wasn't ready for her to go yet
What really gets me is that he actually believes her. He may not fully comprehend it, but he believes this incredible story to be true. He has faith in their relationship that if Claire promises to tell him the truth - he truly believes she will. I think it's a nice contrast to Frank in episode 1, sitting before the fire, if Claire had an affair. He didn't really believe her and she had to be emphatic and was deeply offended that he ever thought she could.

Loved the paralleling contrast.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Elite Fan

Oh my gosh those quotes/gifs Haven't read the books, but so beautiful.

Yes, interesting parallel for them. I give Jamie so much credit for believing her.

While I am happy that Claire stayed, so happy, but I do admit it is surprising. I would have a hard time staying in 1700s with such violence and mistreatment of women. And no technological advances. And Claire obviously loves Frank very much too. So it is interesting that she chose Jamie - she must have this feeling within her that she has to, for him.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Oh my gosh those quotes/gifs Haven't read the books, but so beautiful.

Yes, interesting parallel for them. I give Jamie so much credit for believing her.

While I am happy that Claire stayed, so happy, but I do admit it is surprising. I would have a hard time staying in 1700s with such violence and mistreatment of women. And no technological advances. And Claire obviously loves Frank very much too. So it is interesting that she chose Jamie - she must have this feeling within her that she has to, for him.
As would I. I wonder if the audience would have been privy to Claire's thought process while at the stones would have made more or lessen the surprise ending of her staying. I go back and forth. IF you read the book, she clearly thinks of and weighs both Frank and Jamie and is a nice internal monologue.

It may be one of those instances where they shift a scene in the series.

The Claire/Gellis scenes I enjoyed more on screen than I did in the book. In the end, she really did care for Claire and was really trying to get her to reveal more than she has at this point. Lotte deserves all the credit for making me empathize and like a character in the series that I was indifferent to while reading the book.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 PM
Passionate Fan

I really enjoyed this episode, it had so much tension!

I just...love Jamie. What a sweetheart. His coming to rescue her, his believing her, his being willing to let her go as much as it broke him..and his expression when he returned to her. Ugh.

Yeah, I think her decision to stay was supposed to be at least somewhat shocking(although I can't really imagine letting someone like Jamie go), especially after she was nearly burned at the stake. That is the kind of crap that can happen to you when you live in the 1700's! But I think her staying is just meant to be a testament to how much is between Claire and Jamie..their relationship is worth it to her, and that's lovely.

I did sympathize with Geillis more in the show, but I liked that they didn't whitewash her, she still has a real cold-heartedness to her. Willing to do anything, to anyone, to get what she wants. But I felt for her when she realized Dougal wasn't coming for her..her goodness only showed when she realized there was no way out.

I wanted to tear Laoghaire's hair out!! Hope she gets what is coming to her..

~Katie~
Old 04-22-2015, 06:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Finally watching it right now. I love the opening with the birds, they just get better and better. Starting with the angst between Claire and Gailis was just amazing too! It gave the episode such a kick! I still get confused how Claire got thrown in there too, was it a set up? The trial was interesting too.

I loved the shot of claire sitting on the floor in the pit, looking up at the grate.

OMG that colloquial bit of dialogue when Gailis was going into court and Claire's face like OMFG. "Looks like I'm going to a fing bbq!" Jamie saved the day once again! It was quite sad though
Old 04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's an Outlander BTS post episode video titled "Witchy Witch"

Old 04-23-2015, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the video, very interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dragon (View Post)
I wanted to tear Laoghaire's hair out!! Hope she gets what is coming to her..
I hope so too, I found her really insignificant in the beginning, but now she's really annoying!
Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great video
Old 04-24-2015, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Finally watching it right now. I love the opening with the birds, they just get better and better. Starting with the angst between Claire and Gailis was just amazing too! It gave the episode such a kick! I still get confused how Claire got thrown in there too, was it a set up? The trial was interesting too.

I loved the shot of claire sitting on the floor in the pit, looking up at the grate.

OMG that colloquial bit of dialogue when Gailis was going into court and Claire's face like OMFG. "Looks like I'm going to a fing bbq!" Jamie saved the day once again! It was quite sad though
I always wondered that. It seemed like Colum was involved but I can't remember if that is ever really more than just my suspicion.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah Ned mentioned that Colum didn't care about Claire and has no knowing of his presence. Sort of threw me off
Old 06-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

| First man forward, will be the first man down.
X
Old 06-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen this yet it will probably be a while before it comes on dvd. Jamie looks intense

Claire must have really grown to love jamie to stay in 1700 after being accused of witch craft and three rape attempts from where I am