Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2015, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm going to post my full opinions tonight on the episode
Old 04-05-2015, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I loved it!

So glad it's back! I had forgotten that the spanking scene was in this episode but they did it really well.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha i found it slightly awkward with my mom
Old 04-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought it was a good episode. I was glad they helped the audience to understand where Jamie was coming from about the spanking, and also that they didn't have sex afterwards to try to glorify it. I was also glad that Claire told/showed him how she really felt about that and that they came to an 'understanding'. (though I felt their relationship appeared fairly dysfunctional!)

I don't think Claire realized(or even realizes yet) how much she hurt him emotionally with her betrayal(not obeying him) and initial lack of regret over her actions. He loves her.

~Katie~
Old 04-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Yeah, I can only imagine!
Old 04-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

The episode was good but I wasn't so hot on Jamie doing the voice over. I know they're trying to add there own thing to the series, but no. I liked all the sex scenes but blimey the ending one was god damn awkward with my mother in the room! Everything that happened I loved and now that the politics is coming into it I love it all te more.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Oh Jade...that last sexytimes scene of theirs would certainly have been awkward to watch with your mother! I also learned last night that apparently that sex scene was the first one that Sam & Claire filmed b/c they filmed the Castle Leoch stuff before doing the "on the road" stuff. So "The Wedding" was actually filmed after.

Then Jamie with his questions again..."What is **********?" And then "What is a Sadist?"

I did like that we got Jamie's POV. I think it is also going to shed some light on Laughaire's character, perhaps a little more so than the book maybe. I just wanted her to seriously back the heck up, last night! But enough about her...
Sam really slayed those scenes. Especially when Jamie and Claire were fighting after escaping the fort. You could see how conflicted he felt. How much he loved her.... Superb acting!

I really enjoyed the episode very much. All the Dougal and Colum stuff was great as well. I really am looking forward to the rest of the episodes...even though I dread some of the upcoming stuff.

Black Jack legitimately terrifies me...and even though I've read the books, and I knew Claire would be rescued by Jamie I was still afraid for her & Jamie too!

Oh and then the "discipline" scene. I found it very well done. I mean the fact that we had Jamie's POV this time might have affected my viewpoint of it. Obviously I don't support any many "disciplining" his wife like that, but it was the times...and the way of life. And that was all he knew. He didn't even want to do it really. He said so. It was actually a bit humorous...Claire is a feisty one...and of course wasn't just going to let him do that. She fought back! Which to me was the amusing part. And well he's never going to be doing that again...not after she held a knife to his neck there in that last part of the episode...
Old 04-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me and my mom were laughing in that scene. I found it hilarious in all honesty, especially all the jokes Jamie was making about her not being able to sit down. then when they got downstairs "Id rather stand"
Old 04-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
oh my god I can't even imagine
Old 04-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

They were saying all this stuff whilst having sex and all I could think about was that my mom is sitting right next to me
Old 04-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen parts of this show, but haven't watched the premiere yet.
Old 04-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you get to watch it soon lovely
Old 04-07-2015, 05:49 AM
Absolute Fan

I finally got to watch the ep last night. I was visiting my parents over the holiday, and I'm definitely glad I didn't watch with them! Of all the episodes... lol

I wasn't sure how I was going to like the switch from Claire's perspective to Jaime's, but I actually really enjoyed it. I don't know that I would have reacted so intensely to their fighting scene (after she was rescued) if I hadn't seen his side of the events (and I couldn't help but cry at how broken he was by the things she said).

I thought the spanking scene was very well done. I think they did a great job of explaining from Jaime's perspective why he was doing it (although I loved Claire's threat to him later - talk about an interesting moment to have a knife at someone's throat!!!).

Cat and Sam must have had a few drinks before filming some of those scenes.... Oh my...

"I don't need a congressional honor. I don't need Agent Thompson's approval or the President's. I know my value, anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter." - Agent Peggy Carter
Old 04-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They were saying all this stuff whilst having sex and all I could think about was that my mom is sitting right next to me
Can I just say I love your icon and sig
Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was really smart to do this episode from Jamie's POV ... it confused me at first but I feel like if it was from Claire POV it would have made Jamie irredeemable to some. Seeing his journey of what eh went through to save her, how he felt that she was ungrateful to the voice over saying how he had already forgiven for anything ...

And then seeing how much it was normal and expected for him to punish her.

Seeing and hearing Jamie's torment was very effective.