Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
I am done. Seriously? Anyone that read this when it was released & had to wait for Voyager has my sympathy. The ending. Seriously!

I'll have more thoughts on the morrow. My brain is too fried right now. I will say the end of Part 5 - I think that's the number - required ice cream, aspirin & a lot of Kleenex. #brutal
I finished this book last week, that about sums up how I felt. So many tissues
Old 10-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather8615 (View Post)
I finished this book last week, that about sums up how I felt. So many tissues
The ending really is awful. Mostly the end of the next to last part, which RDM mirrored in the mid season finale, btw. But the very end is like, massive teeth gnashing.

Have you started Voyager, Heather? Or are you waiting on it?
Old 10-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
The ending really is awful. Mostly the end of the next to last part, which RDM mirrored in the mid season finale, btw.
I didn't even make this connection! I'll have to rewatch the finale to catch this!

I started Voyager a couple days ago. I'm just starting Chapter 11.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
The ending really is awful. Mostly the end of the next to last part, which RDM mirrored in the mid season finale, btw. But the very end is like, massive teeth gnashing.

His wife, Terry, and producer, Meril, have read all the books so RDM has enormous ability to plant the seeds of future storylines and set up the parallels. WHich is bloody brilliant and make is it more dramatic.

Hence the very young Roger Wakefield and the Frank at the stones. That's why it was a FANTASTIC Frank and Claire scene and those who haven't read this story didn't understand nor picked up on while watching episode 1.08. It was creative genius because a parallel next season is coming.

That's why I loved it and we will weep when we actually see the performances.

It truly is going to be amazing.

ETA: - reminder that these story line revelations are not allowed to be discussed in the episode threads just with the book threads as it's considered spoilers for those who are only viewing the STARZ production.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
The ending IS awful. I told all of you who were reading that I had no choice but to go forward into Voyager, no matter how much I wanted a break from the series. The whole thing was ridiculous. To leave it as she does ... with so much pain and so many lingering questions.

But seriously, can we talk about (I'll put this in tags, since not everyone has gotten to this part):
Spoiler:
Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kategrinstead (View Post)
The ending IS awful. I told all of you who were reading that I had no choice but to go forward into Voyager, no matter how much I wanted a break from the series. The whole thing was ridiculous. To leave it as she does ... with so much pain and so many lingering questions.

But seriously, can we talk about (I'll put this in tags, since not everyone has gotten to this part):
Spoiler:
Geillis has become a favorite character of mine because she really is so creepy.

I am rereading DIA now. Outlander the series has renewed my Outlander obsession, lol.
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

What do you mean by mirroring? Do you mean when they were at the stones? This is what I am assuming you mean.

The whole time I was reading this - I was like there is no way she's going to leave Jamie and return...and you know I kind of think if those redcoats hadn't showed up and weren't chasing her...who knows?!
A_shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Moderator Support Team

source X

Last edited by CityGal; 10-09-2014 at 10:20 PM
CityGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

Nice gif set.

Munroe is sweet. What a unique character too.

So many great characters in these books really.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

OP updated.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
Nice gif set.

Munroe is sweet. What a unique character too.

So many great characters in these books really.
I like how they used Munroe to provide an important piece of the plot. I thought that was a great bit of adaptation from the book.

I do wish we got more honeymoon scenes in the episode though...

Back to Dragonfly in Amber though, I forgot how much I loved little Fergus!
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

“I will find you,” he whispered in my ear. “I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest.” His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me. “Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”
X
Old 10-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

source X
| Roger Wakefield MacKenzie
Old 10-20-2014, 01:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
“I will find you,” he whispered in my ear. “I promise. If I must endure two hundred years of purgatory, two hundred years without you - then that is my punishment, which I have earned for my crimes. For I have lied, and killed, and stolen; betrayed and broken trust. But there is the one thing that shall lie in the balance. When I shall stand before God, I shall have one thing to say, to weigh against the rest.” His voice dropped, nearly to a whisper, and his arms tightened around me. “Lord, ye gave me a rare woman, and God! I loved her well.”
X
OMG, the tears. Having so far only read to Voyager, this is my favourite quote so far. I cried so much as I was reading the final Jamie/Claire chapter. But this quote is beyond perfection. I fell in love with JAMMF straight away, but this just made me fall in love with him all over again. It's one of those quotes I hope they keep word for word on the show when they get to this point.

Last edited by Seersha; 10-20-2014 at 03:44 PM
Seersha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
X
Just beautiful! And sooo heartbreaking!

I'm reading Voyayer now...I haven't made it very far into the book so I'm wary of venturing into the Voyayer thread. But I wanted to post that I was reading it somewhere on this board.

Also LOVE those gifs of Little Roger. What a cutie!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top