Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2015, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
They quit airing it after season 2 because it weren't popular
I'm surprised. I always though Once Upon a Time had great ratings...I guess it just didn't catch on there?

Funny story...I have a friend who is ships SwanFire. (She is not on )..which I didn't even know what that was...even though do watch Once I'm not active in the fandom. CityGal you are for Emma & Hook, is that correct?
Old 01-21-2015, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

^I know it sucked so bad when they stopped airing it
Old 01-21-2015, 01:18 PM
Elite Fan

I'm a SwanFire shipper myself. (It's tough to name the ship since Neal/Baelfire goes by several names. )

And I think OUAT has ok ratings for it's time slot, but the actual number of viewers is shockingly low (for the U.S.) I don't think it's in danger of getting cancelled or anything, but I was just surprised. The last episode had 5.6 million viewers.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

TBH I adore their relationship when they were younger and i also love that Neil would do anything for Emma, but modern day Hook does it for me.

Heck knows how many viewers they get here in the UK.
Old 01-21-2015, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I shipped Emma and Hook from the moment he bandaged her hand but I shipped Emma with Neal, too. I think Hook is better for her but I appreciated both relationships.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

I think the history and the fact that he's... I can't remember the kid's name!... Anyway...I like the fact that Neal is Emma's baby daddy. Mainly I just wish that the writers would stop having Emma go from guy to guy to guy. It's not even so much love triangles as she just keeps getting love interest after love interest. I mean, shoot, she was even engaged in NYC. I realize the show isn't exactly about realism, but I don't like how she doesn't spend much time mourning for people. Apparently she just moves on to the next guy.

Anyway...that probably sounds like I'm bitter or something. I'm not. I just think the writing in the area of Emma's love interests could use some sprucing...
Old 01-22-2015, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I shipped Emma and Hook from the moment he bandaged her hand but I shipped Emma with Neal, too. I think Hook is better for her but I appreciated both relationships.
I've loved Hook for her since she fell onto him
Old 01-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well ... I actually don't thin k she's had much in the way of love interests I think she just is shipped with everyone she interacts with!

Basically, her real love interests on the show were only Neal, Graham, Walsh, and Hook. I know people shipped her with Jefferson, August, Regina but she has had 4 love interests established.

Let's see ...

Graham was really just one kiss and they might have been something more but that was stopped way too soon and yet she still mourns him as she wears his shoelaces around her wrist. I think that is a really long time to mourn someone ...

Walsh was someone she spent 8 months with and then found out that he was lying to her all along. The way she processed that was to shut down all of 3B and just want to return to a normal life. Plus, she had already developed feelings for Hook prior to losing her memories so having Hook back suddenly made her question what she felt for Walsh.

Neal is the most controversial. Technically she took 10 years to get over him and then when he did come back into her life she admitted she still loved him. But the scene in the Echo Caves said it all ... she may love him but she can't let herself get involved with him again and relive that hurt ... I think she had spent 10 years mourning the unexpected loss of him when she was in prison and then she processed his unexpected death so when his real death came and she got closure with him this time it was easier for her to be at peace with him being gone.

And she developed feelings for Hook from their first meeting so with Neal and Walsh (once she got her memories back) she always had Hook in her mind and that grew over time.

To me Emma went two seasons without a real love interest so seeing her start to get some action in Season 3 was overdue!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe I just saw too many ships? Forgive me, because I'm terrible at remembering names but she was shipped/had some sort of feelings for the Sherriff (Is that Graham??), Pinoccio, Neal, Walsh (that's the fiance right?), and Hook. That just seems like a lot of people (not to mention that the only one still living is Hook...) to cover 3.5 seasons.

The Sheriff thing doesn't bother me too much because I recall being really surprised she was so broken up when he died. I believe my exact words were "She had feelings for him????" Walsh, I sort of get, but still...wouldn't that leave more of a mark? ESPECIALLy because he was lying to her. The ones that I feel like they should have spent more time on having her grieve are Neal and Pinoccio. She had real feelings and a past with both of them. I know the writers sort of addressed this issue with having Emma say that she didn't want to be with Hook because everyone she loves dies, but I guess that just seems...not enough?

I'd also like to make it clear, that I don't begrudge her being with Hook at all...I just think they glossed over some things to have them be together. I know it's not a typical drama and whatnot, but still...Thems my feelings.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

So how's the weather in your neck of the woods been this week?

It has been very nice here for January! 3 days this week I was able to take the kids outside at work! Temps around 50 F! Yesterday was a bit windy and partly cloudy though, so we didn't stay out as long. I'm not sure we'll go out today. It is cloudy and cooler.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Thinks are sunny and bright here. It's been hovering around 70 degrees all month.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Well ... I actually don't thin k she's had much in the way of love interests I think she just is shipped with everyone she interacts with!

Basically, her real love interests on the show were only Neal, Graham, Walsh, and Hook. I know people shipped her with Jefferson, August, Regina but she has had 4 love interests established.

Let's see ...

Graham was really just one kiss and they might have been something more but that was stopped way too soon and yet she still mourns him as she wears his shoelaces around her wrist. I think that is a really long time to mourn someone ...

Walsh was someone she spent 8 months with and then found out that he was lying to her all along. The way she processed that was to shut down all of 3B and just want to return to a normal life. Plus, she had already developed feelings for Hook prior to losing her memories so having Hook back suddenly made her question what she felt for Walsh.

Neal is the most controversial. Technically she took 10 years to get over him and then when he did come back into her life she admitted she still loved him. But the scene in the Echo Caves said it all ... she may love him but she can't let herself get involved with him again and relive that hurt ... I think she had spent 10 years mourning the unexpected loss of him when she was in prison and then she processed his unexpected death so when his real death came and she got closure with him this time it was easier for her to be at peace with him being gone.

And she developed feelings for Hook from their first meeting so with Neal and Walsh (once she got her memories back) she always had Hook in her mind and that grew over time.

To me Emma went two seasons without a real love interest so seeing her start to get some action in Season 3 was overdue!
The only one's i class as love interests is hook present day and neil in the past.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_shiningstar (View Post)
Funny story...I have a friend who is ships SwanFire. (She is not on )..which I didn't even know what that was...even though do watch Once I'm not active in the fandom. CityGal you are for Emma & Hook, is that correct?
Yep.

Since the moment they climbed the beanstalk, I enjoyed their teamwork and dynamic. As the seasons went along and their story continued to evolve, I grew to love them more. By the end of season 2, she challenged him and he decided to return with the bean...well, I was set. I've enjoyed the creative storytelling and like that it's different from the other stories. They are unique and just made to fit so well with each other. Their individual strengths are the other's weakness and love how they mutual support each other. They are a couple in-process and I like that.

I simply find them a lot of fun to watch.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just too much sexiness haha
Old 01-22-2015, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

They do look good together. And pairing with everything else I've said, I do enjoy that they've taken the time to have both Emma and Hook grow as characters and that even though the attraction has been there forever, the relationship wasn't instantaneous...It makes it that much more drool-worthy when they finally do things like kiss.