Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Craigh Na Dun (Off-Topic) #2 Getting closer to the Premiere of the second half of the season!

W E L C O M E
To The

Off-Topic
D i s c u s s i o n s T h r e a d

previous threads
01 | 02 | 03

Old 01-09-2015, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread
Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! I noticed we were getting close to the end last night!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Your welcome.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's great we finally got a second thread. More space to talk about out
Old 01-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Tftnt! :d
Old 01-10-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone doing anything this weekend?
Old 01-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

started at 8am...4 basketball games (different locations), 1 birthday party and then alter service! Return home 7:45 pm.

Sleeping in tomorrow.

Plus met a nice couple at the party who originally hailed from Chicago and we talked about the crazy cold temps! Yikes. There's cold, but even for Chicago...it's crazy cold.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

8am and here's me waking up at 1pm
Old 01-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
8am and here's me waking up at 1pm
There are days when you just need to do that. Cherish those.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)

Plus met a nice couple at the party who originally hailed from Chicago and we talked about the crazy cold temps! Yikes. There's cold, but even for Chicago...it's crazy cold.
Chicago seems to have more cold than snow I find. I grew up on the East Coast it snowed much more there but here it's just cold and miserable for months on end.

I can't wait for spring! New OUAT, new Outlander, new Mad Men, new GOT!

Oh, and the nice weather of course!
Old 01-13-2015, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
Chicago seems to have more cold than snow I find. I grew up on the East Coast it snowed much more there but here it's just cold and miserable for months on end.

Wait. Thought MM had a final season? Is there still one more season left?

Said it was cold enough that her brother took the first assignment from his job and headed to Hawaii! he couldn't take it anymore.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Wait. Thought MM had a final season? Is there still one more season left?
They split the final 14 episodes in half so 7 aired last year and the final 7 will air this year. I'm not sure why they did that but they did! I've really loved the show and I will be sad to see it end but it's time. Actually, I really liked this quote from an article about the final season from the creator:

Quote:
Following an era filled with very polarizing finales, from Lost to How I Met Your Mother, Weiner says he is very cognizant of finding a balance between giving the audience what they want and best serving the overall story. “I’m extremely interested in what the audience thinks, so much so that I’m trying not to confound them, not frustrate and irritate them,” Weiner said. “I don’t want them to walk away angry. But I don’t want to pander to them. This sounds patronizing, but as the person telling the story, sometimes people have to be protected from what they want to see happen and the story has to have its own organic thing. You can’t just give them everything that they want. That said, part of entertainment can be catharsis. Bad things happening are considered a good thing in entertainment.”
Interesting perepsctive ...
Old 01-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Here's to that! We're like...T.V. twins!
Old 01-13-2015, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
They split the final 14 episodes in half so 7 aired last year and the final 7 will air this year. I'm not sure why they did that but they did! I've really loved the show and I will be sad to see it end but it's time. Actually, I really liked this quote from an article about the final season from the creator:
Okay, I didn't realize that. I thought the first half were the final seven episodes. Completely misunderstood.

Quote:
Quote:
Following an era filled with very polarizing finales, from Lost to How I Met Your Mother, Weiner says he is very cognizant of finding a balance between giving the audience what they want and best serving the overall story. “I’m extremely interested in what the audience thinks, so much so that I’m trying not to confound them, not frustrate and irritate them,” Weiner said. “I don’t want them to walk away angry. But I don’t want to pander to them. This sounds patronizing, but as the person telling the story, sometimes people have to be protected from what they want to see happen and the story has to have its own organic thing. You can’t just give them everything that they want. That said, part of entertainment can be catharsis. Bad things happening are considered a good thing in entertainment.”
Interesting perepsctive ...
I completely agree with this and find it also appropriate for another show we both love. The story is paramount, and sometimes a really good story can be had by 'bad things continuing to happen'. Everyone can't have a HEA. It is just not possible within a story, and it is interesting that the creators, writers and actors have all recently openly discuss it.

We shall see...

Thanks for letting me know.