Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I've heard that she gets a bit too descriptive in some of the books, but I'm still on the first, which so far has seemed to move pretty quickly. I get bored easily on too much description and am not too afraid to skim a little. I think so far though the show has basically covered the first half. I'm still on the first half of the books though, so I don't know how much more there is to squeeze in.

I have no plans for the weekend really. Taking my son to get his pictures taken today! And we bought tickets to Abu Dhabi a few days ago. We leave at the beginning of next month, so I seriously need to start packing and getting rid of things for the big move... and figuring out all the vet stuff for my dog and making a reservation for his flight. And maybe think about planning on my daughter's birthday, which is in a week exactly. She's going to be 9! It's hard to believe! Apparently I have a lot to do. I just don't want to do any of it. I just want to hide!

What about you?
Old 10-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww I bet he'll look amazing I hope you have fun on holiday! I hope you are able to sort things out for your dog

I'm working so not a lot I can do
Old 10-03-2014, 09:55 AM
Elite Fan

I think books are better adapted as t.v. shows because you have more time to go into everything. Outlander would be better as a t.v. show because they now have 16 hours to get through the content instead of 2-3.

I would love if they adapted Harry Potter into a show at some point for several reasons:
1) They wouldn't have to cut as much out, especially in the later books
2) The actors would basically growth exactly with the show (assuming 1 season each year)
3) They know how it ends so if they know what's important and what needs to be kept.

But maybe that's just me. I know people hate remakes and are very protective of the HP movies, but I just think it'd be great to do that in like 10 years or so. Then they could even have the original actors play teacher or something. Or someone's parent, whatever.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure because as the books go on majority of the stuff could be cut down
Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure there'd still be stuff cut, but either way, you'd have say 13 hours for each book instead of 2.5
Old 10-03-2014, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if down the line they'll ever combine two books into one series?
Old 10-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I wonder if down the line they'll ever combine two books into one series?
That would be amazing as the books get larger as the series continues and the action gets intense! Much more so.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wouldn't say that. I read online that two of the books were pointless because nothing happened?
Old 10-03-2014, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

are we still talking about Harry Potter?

A lot of people think book 5 of HP was unnecessarily long and nothing much happened, but I disagree completely. A lot happened. When I read it, I blew through it in about 3 days and it's closing in on 900 pages, I believe. The action was different in book 5 because everyone thought Harry was delusional and possibly a murderer. The overall tone was just different because it was the "calm" (if you can call it that) before the storm that is Voldemort descended on the land.

I've spent a lot of time debating the finer points of HP with my friends...

Old 10-03-2014, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought we were still talking about Outlander?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Ah. I was confused then. My original comment used Harry Potter as an example of a book series I thought would translate into t.v. better than movies so I thought all the other comments were relating to that example specifically.

We were having 2 different conversations.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh no I'm confused. I don't know what everyone else was talking about, but at least I know not that you were on about HP
Old 10-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

This is me this afternoon so...
Old 10-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just too tired now
Old 10-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Well after many fixes I have my signature the way that I like. And no I do nto have any real plans for th eweekend, Ohter than to wish that Outlander was on, it,

-Lisa-