Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

So how was that first day back at work dbn ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksღfly (View Post)
**** international family law why did i pick this subject
international family law ??? So who is right Laeticia or the kids ?
Old 04-23-2018, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not family law per se (it's more private international law that deals with successions) but oh my god that case is actually so interesting from a legal point of view it's great. David and Laura could have a real shot at winning if they doubt the legality of the legality of the will claiming that he wasn't in his right capacity) (which i believe they've already done, classic move), they could prove that his last habitual residence wasn't California (and it will completely depend on the interpretation of the judge but if i was the judge, it's a bit easy to claim an american residence and want to die in France etc), and they could claim their right to the reserve héréditaire (you can't disown your children in france that is against the public order which is more important than the choice of law in the will) but they would have to prove that they would end up with nothing and that the choice of law was solely existing to disown them.

I'm sorry i'm a bit of a nerd but it's literally what i've studied last year and it's so interesting
Old 04-24-2018, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

No, it's very interesting - or at least it interests me - The second option seems the most interesting (to prove than his residence was not California) since it's very up to a judge to appreciate it and there are strong argument the lawyers of his children can brings to show it (meanwhile it seems like he said several time since years that he wanted everything to go wife).

( For Dbn , Johnny Hallyday was a very popular French singer who died a few months ago and there's actually a battle between his wife and the two children he had from previous marriages around his will -- )
Old 04-24-2018, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's gonna take so long anyways (cases like that can easily go to the cassation court), so who knows. I personally tend to think that even if that was planned years ago, he was under her influence (as she slowly alienated him from all of his friends and put her family in place). It's interesting to see people having a different opinion on that though

Okay so i had to scrap off like eight hours of my research for the essay because it was off topic (thank god i realized it was before writing the damn thing)
Old 04-24-2018, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Oh yeah And for sure it's gonna take years if they didn't reach a deal. I worked in an auction house before and my ex-boss thinks that in these cases whoever gets the money first keeps it at the end because by the time a decision is taken by a court, all is already gone where it's practically impossible to have it executed So they mostly fight for the droit de regard and the money from the SACEM

Oh Good !! Nothing more frustrating than having to re-work the whole finished work because you realize it's off-topic
Old 04-24-2018, 12:07 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

I remember that Johnny Hallyday died
Old 04-24-2018, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxalys (View Post)
Oh yeah And for sure it's gonna take years if they didn't reach a deal. I worked in an auction house before and my ex-boss thinks that in these cases whoever gets the money first keeps it at the end because by the time a decision is taken by a court, all is already gone where it's practically impossible to have it executed So they mostly fight for the droit de regard and the money from the SACEM

Oh Good !! Nothing more frustrating than having to re-work the whole finished work because you realize it's off-topic
Also i read an article that the actual succession wouldn't bring in much money because apparently the dude had a ton of debts so yeah that's definitely what they're fighting for (droit de regard and SACEM)

It doesn't say a lot for french culture that you remember him passing
Old 04-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

I didn't think he was known outside the borders either (well except in Belgium )
Old 04-24-2018, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i mean the medias tried to act as if he was super famous worldwide (but he really wasn't) and i mean why would he be famous he spent most of his life singing covers
Old 04-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

You know in France you're worldwide famous if you're known in more than two countries - which are usually Belgium and Switzerland -
Old 04-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's very true i wonder how many french people are well known all over the world : marion cotillard definitely, edith piaf perhaps?
Old 04-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Bonaparte !
Old 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep well for him it's rather infamous
Old 04-24-2018, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

It's a mixed reputation

Joan of Arc !

Brigitte Bardot
Old 04-25-2018, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are probably some idiots out there who don't know who they are

so i'm starting to write my essay i have like 300 words out of 4000 and let me tell you...it's not good
Closed Thread   Post New Thread