Spoilers:

5x02: The Recruits
Airdate: October 12, 2016
Description:
Spoilers:

5x03: A Matter of Trust
Airdate: October 19, 2016
Description:
Spoilers:Filming 7/27-8/8; Written by Ben Sokolowski & Emilio Ortega Aldrich; Directed by Gregory Smith

5x04: Penance
Airdate: October 26, 2016
Description:
Spoilers:Filming 8/9-8/18; Written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Oscar Balderrama; Directed by Dermott Downs

5x05: Human Target
Airdate: November 2, 2016
Description:
Spoilers:Filming 8/19-8/30; Written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff; Directed by Laura Belsey

5x06: So It Begins
Airdate: November 9, 2016
Description:
Spoilers:Filming 8/31-9/12; Written by Wendy Miracle & Brian Ford Sullivan; Directed by John Behring

5x08:
Airdate:
Description:
Spoilers:Arrow's 100th episode; 4 show crossover event

Casting News

‘Arrow’: Josh Segarra Cast As Adrian Chase, Vigilante, For Season 5 | Deadline

‘Person of Interest’ Series Finale Spoilers — ‘Bloodbath,’ ‘Everyone Dies Alone’ | TVLine

Arrow Casts Artemis in Season 5 | Variety

Arrow: Season 5 Casts The Walking Dead Alum Chad L. Coleman - IGN

Arrow - Season 5 - Joe Dinicol to Recur | Spoilers

http://tvline.com/2016/08/18/arrow-h...l-traval-cast/

Comic Con News:
TV Guide Magazine
‏@TVGuideMagazine
.@david_ramsey shares an #Arrow tease: that #Flash finale paradox will play into the new season; it may even impact Diggle's storyline.

Jen's talk with MG: SOMETHING TO LIVE FOR, I MET MARC GUGGENHEIM!!! HE GAVE ME SPOILERS...
Arrow Will Come Full Circle in Season 5 - Comic Con 2016 - IGN Video
EXCLUSIVE: Stephen Amell Says His Russian Is Getting Better, Teases 'Arrow' Season 5: 'We're Trying to Do It Right'

Filming News
Season 5 starts filming on July 5th

‘Arrow’ Season 5 ‘Meaner,’ Mystery Character Returns After Two Years | TVLine

Promos:

General Spoilers:
Big bad is a result of Oliver's actions in season 1
Bratva flashbacks

Magnus and Alec

Last edited by Chasity05; 08-31-2016 at 08:11 AM
Old 08-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Tftnt
Old 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

TFTNT .

Thanks for the spoilers .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 08-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

Tftnt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunksWorldWide (View Post)

https://m.facebook.com/stephenamell/...19765751442024

Stephen answered a fan on FB. Maybe this will make people feel better and stop freaking out over every interview that comes out?

Love this. Pretty calm and well put. And SA gave a nice non trolly answer. And he's right that all these interviews happened at SDCC when filming had just begun and they had written maybe 4 eps with 5 like sorry boarded possibly at that point. Various media outlets are just a basically repackaging the interviews and slowly releasing them. But it's not new info or new interviews. And the writers and cast are literally only talking about those first few eps even though they sometimes sound like they are talking all seasons, so they are just talking starting points. Many things will change from there over the season.

People need to get off this they are writing for the haters now thing though. That is not a thing. TV doesn't work like. Yes they want as many fans as possible but tv shows don't write to a minority of fans who hate everything anyway. That's not how it works. I've seen more than one person refer to this people with the show are answering haters and saying they'll love the show thing but I have no idea where it's coming from. But I think when people with the show answer stuff online they are usually talking to the fandom in general not a specific subset of the fandom. I really highly doubt what they are trying to convey is they hate Olicity fans and want to appease haters. They are just trying to get everyone excited about the new season. And I mean apparently they are allegedly saying stuff like the LL fans will love the new season. But she's dead and not coming back other than maybe flashbacks so there's no way people obsessed with her will love this season. They will maybe get a nod to her but how are her fans going to love a season she doesn't exist in? That makes no sense. Clearly they are just trying to encourage everyone to watch the season because that's the main thing they want viewers. But I don't think that stuff is meant to be take so seriously and like they are siding with haters. They are just trying to reel in all kinds of viewers.

And as for Olicity fans, well the show is in a very tricky weird complicated place when it comes to promoting Olicity. I don't think they want Olicity fans to give up but there just isn't a lot they can say right now. And to them all the they are partners and friends and communicating well stuff is probably them being positive and encouraging about Olicity. Here's the thing we really should've learned by now the games they play with promoting. They troll and and mislead and do a lot of verbal gymnastics, and sometimes even kind of lie. Emily was literally filming the ep with the proposal when she claimed to not tried on the ring get and not know if they'd get engaged. She also acted like she could totally be the death all while knowing she was the only one beside Oliver and Barry who was 100% safe. Though I think MG kind of confirmed in his convo with Jen at SDCC that DR was always 100% safe too basically. The writers claimed to not decide who was dying until right before the ep but nobody is buying that. They were laying hints it was LL from the start and some fans figured out LL as leaving before we even knew there was a flash forward death. SA claimed to not know anything about who the death was but later basically he did, or at least that he knew more than he originally claimed. They tried to convince us more than once that Felicity was the death even though MG told Jen they'd never do that and they planned on revealing her as safe anyway. SA also acted like Felicity was very taken and Olicity might not happen at Paley Fest in season 3 after having just filmed 3x20.

In season 3 before they got together I'm pretty sure they did this same we don't know if Olicity will make it stuff and pretended to be all about Raylicity all while knowing about 3x20 and the drive into the sunset. It's just what they do. Usually the more they act like the something isn't going to happen the mode confirmation they give that it will. And they always hype stuff that turned out to not be that big a deal. Like Raylicity. It was crap but it really wasn't as big a deal as it sounded. It was very short lived cosmdering how much he was in that season. And all the while they acted like it was so perfect for Felicity they knew it was doomed. They always talk up most things to be way bigger deals than they actually are. And stuff they say can be very misleading. They had most of the fandom convinced we'd have 3 Oliver-less episodes that focused massively on LL becoming BC mid season 3 because he "died" but then he was only gone like half an ep and she did have her crap arc in those eps but it definitely didn't become the BC show like everyone thought it would. Going into season 4 they talked so much about Olicity domesticity and sex life and ending episodes on the couch in their home and stuff but IvyTown was over before 4x01 ended, they did live together but we didn't get that many home scene and only one was on the couch and there were only two sort of sex scenes. They acted like Felicity's paralysis could very likely be permanent all while we now know they were planning to end that storyline as soon as possible. They talked up Thea's bloodlust a lot even kind of hinting it would help with DD but it really wasn't that big a deal and was healed eventually and they never really discussed using it to stop DD anyway. They acted like there would be so much Diggle in season 4 and they did better with him than season 3 but I'm not sure season 4 really qualifies as the year of Diggle like they claimed. They made a big deal out of Felicity's dagger storyline but then crammed the most emotional part into the very wrong episode for it and we only got a few episodes about it when it sounded so much bigger. Felicity as CEO was made out to be a big deal but it wasn't nearly as much a focus as it sounded, it was sort of big deal for a little bit but then they screwed her over and took that from her. I promise MG said at some point after season 3 that they couldn't see Oliver being mayor in season 4 or even season 5 and basically said it would be a complicated storyline to do because of the politics so basically implying it wouldn't happen but look where we we now. He also told the fandom someone died in 3x19 riling everybody up but Roy only faked his death. Oh and FB girl was pretty hyped us a love interest and look how that turned out.

My point is they always play these games even kind of sort lying at times. They don't so much flat out say no to things but they dance around some topics and play the who knows it could go so many ways deflection kind of cards. They make most things sound like a bigger deal than they are and the more they act like something isn't happening the more they are confirming it will happen. It's annoying yes but it's also just the expected promotional games they play. I'm not saying that these tactics are the best way to go, make much sense or are effective promotional tactics but it's just how they choose to promote. The fact that to some degree they are talking about Olicity and kind of trying to sound positive but also trying not to give away that they will reunite and when is a good sign. It's probably what we want them to be doing. It's basically them saying Olicity is important and will be a focus and will reunite but we just can't say anything yet because big spoilers. They do need to realize that a lot of their wording is obviously going to upset the fandom, I think maybe having to avoid giving anything away about Olicity is making them terrible at promotion because I'm sure where Olicity was last hiatus was much much easier and more fun to promote, but I think they are essentially implying Olicity will reunite and fairly soon. They are trying to give hope they are just bad at it, lol. Again probably because it's just a hard place to be in promotionally right now when it comes to Olicity.

So just remember they play a lot of annoying stupid games with promoting and right now they are really only discussing the first few eps anyway. Just the starting point of the season, not the whole journey and not the destination. So just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. That's really the best way to be. That way you don't waste more time than necessary being upset but you also keep your expectations in check. Trust me it's a lot less exhausting if we save the freaking out for when the episodes actually sir because these interviews need to be taken with a grain of salt. It's always a lot of trolling and doesn't usually truly match up with what's happening onscreen. So focus on the show not interviews. It's going to be okay guys! Don't give up hope.

About that Colton spoiler, didn't they basically say that same thing about him returning last season? They are just not making any promises yet but like last year once they find a way and time for him to return and he's available he will return.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 08-17-2016 at 04:30 PM
Old 08-18-2016, 04:15 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT.

I know this has been said 100 times I just hope Oliver won't sleep with anyone because we may never know what the writers will do. It's hard to trust them at this point.

What's the hold up for the title for 5x04 is it that bad?
Old 08-18-2016, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Never-mind what I said about the 5X04 title. It's here now!

Last edited by BlueDog9; 08-18-2016 at 08:10 AM
Old 08-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Yay finally .

EDIT

http://tvline.com/2016/08/18/arrow-h...l-traval-cast/
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Last edited by backstreetboysfan; 08-18-2016 at 01:28 PM
Old 08-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

So someone's going to try to kill Oliver and this guy's going to pretend to be him in 5X05? Not exiting news. Did like the Fox Human Target show though.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

wat could this person mean Natalie – ‏@kalichica12

He comes in ep5! #Arrow
‘Arrow’ Casts Human Target: Wil Traval to Play Season 5 Role | TVLine
So he's a decoy for Oliver?! How will #Olicity fit into this? 🤔
Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Olicity could have nothing to do with it
Old 08-18-2016, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
TFTNT.

I know this has been said 100 times I just hope Oliver won't sleep with anyone because we may never know what the writers will do. It's hard to trust them at this point.

What's the hold up for the title for 5x04 is it that bad?
He's not going to sleep with or date anyone! He doesn't want anyone else but Felicity. SA and the writers have lot really said Oliver is not over Felicity and not giving up on her. I know the writers have some stupid stuff but everything about the narrative tells us this won't happen. It's not where Oliver is emotionally or ever will be. I am so sure he won't be dating anyone. I would bet money on it. Seriously you are wasting your time worrying about it. Worrying about things that are actually happening and make sense with the narrative, don't make up stuff that's never going to happen to worry about, there are plenty of real things to worry so but with this show. Oliver dating is not one of them. It's not happening.

That title Penance could bode well for 5x05. Because you know what penance is an important part of? Reconciliation. Not saying they are going to fully reunite in 5x05 but if Oliver is the one doing penance then 5x05 could put them on a much clearer path to reconciliation.

Also of Oliver is in danger in 5x05 then potentially that could make Felicity confront her feelings about Oliver. You know the whole almost losing someone ,ales you realize you don't want to be without him thing. Only she won't like immediately get back with him, just realize she's not over him and give him hope for a reunion somehow.

Is this Human Target dude sticking around though? Because seriously enough new superhero dudes' I'm actually probably more upset we have 5 new vigilantes including Curtis on TA this season than Olicity because they will fix Olicity. But these new people will almost definitely suck up time that everyone is going to wish went to our core cast. And I hate that.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 08-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That's the 5X04 title IBelieve, not 5X05.

I think this Human Target guy is just a one-off.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

I know it's for 5x04. I'm saying the episode before 5x05 being called Penance still bodes well for 5x05. That a title like that could indicate 5x04 is setting up 5x05 to be really good for Olicity. Sorry I don't think I was very clear, lol.l

And I hope so. I'm already so over all the new people.

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 08-18-2016 at 02:58 PM
Old 08-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Echo Kellum ‏@EchoK · 45m45 minutes ago

#Arrow chill session with @emilybett @madisonmclaugh @JoeDinicol https://www.instagram.com/p/BJQ8icAhm3u/

Last edited by oxalys; 08-19-2016 at 04:11 AM
Old 08-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Elite Fan

See even most of the BTS stuff is the newbies. Enough of the newbies. I'm sorry but I don't care about the newbies.

Also that pic is really big, any chance we can change it to a link?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread