Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Your Welcome Girls .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 12-29-2015, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)

The title sheet for 4x14 said they'd film some in January too so they are probably mostly done with it but still have a little bit of filming left to do when they return.

Thanks !
Old 12-29-2015, 07:36 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm beginning to suspect she may end up being Oracle after all. Assuming Titans/Blackbird is officially off the table. More than likely any Barbara Gordon movie appearance will be as Batgirl anyway, it's her most famous codename (she's also the most famous Batgirl).

I wanted Uplink (sadly no "A") that's a rather obscure meta human member of Basilisk, she only appeared in 2-3 issues of BoP 52. It's a good name for Felicity's role in the group.

My 2nd choice would be Arclight, an very minor Superman villain (only appeared in 2 issues) he was turned into a being of pure energy and required a containment suit. I like the name and depending on what"tech" SFX thing happens in 411 it could fit,

My 3rd choice is Watchtower, which is the Juctice League's satellite base in the comics and Chloe Sullivan's codename in Smallville. it doesn't

I suppose they could go with Red Dart, she was a villain in Lemire's GA run. Naomi Singh (GA's tech support in the comics) later took up the wrist devices and codename in both Lemire's Future's End issue and AJK's final GA issue.

Of course they could just end up calling Felicity "Homebase" or "Base" they're kind of lame and don't really describe Felicity so much as the location.

My least favorite is Overwatch which is a dumb code name plus too much arrogance from MG. My 2nd least favorite is Lighthouse it's a bad ccodename/comicbook name, IMO. Thankfully there's no "A" in that one so no worries.

I doubt they'll go with Artemis (even though I get why fans made the connection) or Arrowette (female Green Arrow wannabe).
Old 12-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I don't want her codename being something that's connected to a comic villain. Or something thoughtless and lame like base or overwatch.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

It has to be something good!
Old 12-29-2015, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

It better be something really good! This codename is four seasons in the making and she's like the most beloved character on the show. They should be able to come up with something really awesome for her and they should want that for her too. They owe a lot of this show's success to Felicity, the least they can do is give her an amazing original codename. No names with connections to comic books villains for sure, no connection to the comics at all is really necessary. There are so many original names they could come up with and she is so unique and special, she deserves a unique and special name. One that really fits her and her place on the team. That's why I love Lighthouse. Because she's the light that brings them all home safely. And she's not going to put on leather and go beat up bad guys nightly so she can have a different kind of codename, one that isn't your typical comic book or superhero codename. Sadly it won't be Lighthouse but hopefully they came up with something good.

I've actually heard rumors they may want Oracle for the JL movies and I don't think they are having any success getting Teen Titans or whatever off the ground but as far as I know that project is technically still in the works or at least hasn't been officially scrapped yet. So I think Oracle is still off the table. And I mean they still haven't done anything new with Green Lantern yet but he was off the table for Diggle, no Blue Beetle stuff yet either but he was off the table for Ray (or Ted Kord as he was originally supposed to be). DC may not get all their projects together fast but it seems like once they take a character off the table, they pretty much stay off the table. DC probably has many potential projects in the works all at the same time so even if one falls through that doesn't mean they'll just give up and hand over a character's name like that. And I could've sworn David Ramsey even said as recently as that HVFF con in November that DC said no to Oracle and Green Lantern. So I think it's still off the table. Plus Oracle just isn't right for Felicity, it has nothing to do with who she is or what she does. They can do better than a secondhand name or something lazy like Homebase or Hacker. I'm starting to think MG purposely picked the letter A to be a total freaking tease. He's knows people will start thinking Oracle again and start talking about it and creating buzz and stuff. But I really doubt it's Oracle. I don't even know how any of the characters Felicity included would even come to the conclusion that should be her codename. For now at least I am optimistic they came up with something original and amazing for her. They know they will have a lot of very upset fans if they screw this thing up so it should be a really amazing codename. I'm excited to learn what it is!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 12-29-2015, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
DC may not get all their projects together fast but it seems like once they take a character off the table, they pretty much stay off the table.
I hope so. I really hope it's not Oracle, there's already too much stories linked to it and "Oracle" and Felicity don't have a lot in common. Nor Watchtower or Arrowette which may be the worst possibility ever Don't have big issues with any others name yet
Old 12-29-2015, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree I hope its something better than those
Old 12-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I guess it's just wait and see. And fingers crossed that we like it.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Hope so
Old 12-30-2015, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

So I'm seeing a lot of chatter about what happens to Felicity maybe being losing a baby they didn't know she was pregnant with at the time on Tumblr. Which is basically as depressing as the other theories out there but for some reason I could actually see that happening. I really don't think they will do infertility because Olicity hasn't even discussed kids and they aren't remotely close to trying to have kids yet so it would be really weird to do that kind of storyline now. That's the kind of thing you'd do for a couple that's talked about kids and is trying to have kids. Olicity isn't there yet so I don't know why they'd be doing something like infertility now. Plus it's just so messy and complicated and I can't see Arrow wanting to commit that kind of storyline especially not at this point in Olicity's relationship. It's just not a very Arrow-y storyline. Plus they will just have so many angry Olicity fans on their hands if they take away the chance for an Olicity baby. I don't think they are that stupid. But a miscarriage could fit. It would prompt discussions about kids, which all couples who are going to get married have to discuss at some point. And it could really play into the William drama they will face later. But it wouldn't be as complicated, messy, long lasting as infertility. Infertility really doesn't make sense for Olicity or this show imo. But miscarriage doesn't feel as impossible for Arrow. It would be something Donna wouldn't necessarily have to be around as much for which would explain why she's not in the following episode. And I just can't get past how confused Oliver looks when he sits down next to Donna. And Donna is upset but she could be more emotional for being a a parent who's child is in the hospital like Felicity is, just meaning she's not uncontrollably sobbing and pouring tears. So miscarriage fits there too. Oliver would be confused about losing a baby he didn't even know existed and Donna would be upset about a miscarriage but it wouldn't be the worst case scenario because Felicity is alive and physically okay so that explains her not be at the highest level of emotional parent that she could be. And this is something I could see Arrow doing more so than infertility. Because it's more tangible and of the moment and creates similar drama but in a far less complicated way and doesn't take away the chance to have a child later. And it makes Oliver's feud with DD even more personal and intense. And Neal did mention at one point the two of them taking things from each other so DD being responsible for Olicity losing a child fits that tease too. I don't know how probable it is but I won't lie, it does feel really possible right now. And I know they haven't really done any build up to a miscarriage but I could see them wanting it to just be a big shock for everyone including the fans. So that wouldn't have to be built up necessarily, but infertility I feel like would have build up a little. It makes no sense to spring that on a couple who hasn't even had a single convo about kids. And I mean they aren't foreshadowing paralysis either but some people think that's what is going to happen. They don't have to drop hints for every last thing. Something can be complete surprises.

But see I also have never really been convinced they are going to paralyze Felicity. She's a bad@ss superhero obviously but she's more limited in her heroing than the others. Why would they limit her more? Especially when they know fans want to see more of her in the field and training and doing some stunts. It just seems like the kind of storyline you'd do with a physical fighter character because then they have to figure out how to be a hero if they can't physically fight. But Felicity already does most of her hero stuff at a computer. Paralysis would be awful for her and us but she already doesn't really physically fight the bad guys except on a rare occasion so what's the point of paralyzing her? It's a far less effective storyline with a character like Felicity. It's just plain cruel to her whereas with a physical fighter character it would make more sense as angst to give them. I just don't think paralysis is what the writers want for Felicity and it's definitely not what the fans want for her so I don't know why they'd ever do that. Plus whereas something like a miscarriage would really fit into the William drama neatly, paralysis would really be a separate issue from that, it wouldn't have anything to do with that whole mess. But something like a miscarriage does and I think the writers like connecting things like that. It also connects to the family theme of the season. As for the BTS stuff of baby Sara and the wheelchair, I think it's either a random prop or something she uses because she's weak, tired and still recovering from getting shot and surgery not because she's paralyzed. Another thing is she's getting her codename in 4x11 and that just makes me feel like she's doing TA stuff again. Just seems getting a codename finally would come with doing TA stuff. Which she's not really like to be doing if she's newly paralyzed. But again miscarriage fits because she could be physically fine and she's not one to wallow so she might just want to get back to work to distract herself. And maybe the codename finally happening is part of helping her deal with the loss. It's giving her small thing she wanted, showing her importance to the team, and also it would be an expression of love to her from Oliver and/or Diggle who I imagine have to be the ones involved with naming her if she doesn't name herself. Although I would not necessarily be opposed to Thea naming her. I'm just really jonesing for some more Thea/Felicity, lol.

I do not like any of the theories about Felicity going around, they are all pretty depressing. But miscarriage is making more sense than I'd like it to right now. Did you guys see that tvline actually did a poll about what might be happening to Felicity? I'm glad for Arrow and Felicity to get attention but it's just a super depressing poll and it feels kind of wrong that they are essentially taking bets on what happens to Felicity. Not that it was blatanly mean spirited or anything but it's just a weird poll. And it's just asking for haters to come and leave comments about how they want her to die. Needless to say I did not read the comments or vote actually because all the options are super depressing. I think coma was winning though last time I saw. It would be nice if it would be as simple as a coma she wakes up from fairly quickly but I don't know if we will be that lucky. Have the show runners actually said anything about this storyline? Or SA or EBR for that matter? I can't remember. But I feel like it's possible we could all be jumping to conclusions in thinking it's going to be something catastrophically horrible. I mean Felicity is going to get plenty of drama with the William thing and her father reappearing so maybe they aren't adding some other huge drama for her to the mix. And she and Oliver just basically have to deal with the fact that she almost died, just face their mortality together kind of thing. Honestly we have so little info to go on, it really could go a lot of ways. So ready for that episode description! I want to see if it sheds any light on this thing with Felicity. Probably won't though, lol. All I know is 4x10 will probably kill us all!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 12-30-2015 at 10:49 PM
Old 12-31-2015, 04:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

yeah I doubt the episode description for 4.10 will give us too many clues but we'll see And if one of these possibilities (temporary paralysis, miscarriage or else) end up happening, I'm willing to wait and see how it will be treated, it may eventually be a good story if well written
Old 12-31-2015, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I think people are just jumping to conclusions with something extreme happening to Felicity. Getting shot can be a big deal all on it's own. There's no reason to think she has a miscarriage or suddenly cannot have kids.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
THE AFTERMATH — Oliver (Stephen Amell) must deal with the devastating consequences of Darhk’s (guest star Neal McDonough) last attack. Seeking revenge, Oliver goes on a brutal manhunt looking for Dahrk. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff (#410). Original airdate 1/20/2016.
^4x10 Description is here! Not really new information. We already knew Oliver was going to burn down the world to find DD and make him pay for hurting Felicity. All the villains have to learn you don't touch Felicity Smoak, lol. Biggest mistake ever DD. Super angry, rage-y Oliver is coming!y Oliver is coming! I hope he doesn't actually kill anybody though, Felicity would not want him to do that for her. And I'm glad Diggle had his back, he's going to be super angry DD hurt Felicity too so of course he has Oliver's back in this, but I hope he also makes sure Oliver doesn't go completely crazy. I'm excited for 4x10 but also so not ready! It's going to be so emotional!

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 12-31-2015 at 05:59 PM
Old 12-31-2015, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the description. I hope Anarky is from 4x11. I think it would be a little too much if he was in 4x10.

Magnus and Alec
Closed Thread   Post New Thread