Old 12-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

This is Arrow anything is possible.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
This is Arrow anything is possible.
Very true
Old 12-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

I won't rule out the possibility, but I think they'll want the focus completely on Felicity and their pain of not knowing if she'll make it.

I think it'll just be that they wont know if she'll be okay until the end of the episode.
Old 12-26-2015, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

I agree it could just be basically about whether she makes it or not. We all know she's not going to die but the characters don't know that so they will have to deal with worrying about her dying. And we don't have any definitive proof that she's not basically okay by the end of the episode. She does have a lot of emotional arcs coming up with the William thing and her father, adding really serious lasting injuries to the mix might be overkill. So either a she's going to be basically okay at the end of the episode or whatever happens will be very temporary.

I have to say though I will be really upset if they go an Oracle route with this story. She's not Oracle. She's not Oracle, she's Felicity Soak and she's already an awesome superhero. She deserves an original code name and story, I will be so disappointed if the writers give her a secondhand superhero story and codename. They should want better than that for her just like we the fans do. Also I don't like the idea that she has to be the one to suffer serious injuries on a show where Oliver is stabbed through the chest with a sword but is fine after some penicillin tea and Sara has catastrophic injuries to her head but can be resurrected. It will just be so upsetting if Felicity is the one who has to have serious lasting injuries. She's already the only member of TA who doesn't suit up and go out in the field, not that I want or need her to or that it makes her any less of a hero obviously, but she's limited a bit by not being a physical fighter hero. There's no reason to limit her more. Especially not when the show runners know Felicity fans want to see her in the field more. So I really don't want an Oracle type story for Felicity. I mean I'm sure any paralysis or something like that would be temporary but still no thanks, do not want.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 12-26-2015 at 09:50 PM
Old 12-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

I wont mind if her codename is Oracle, but I'd rather not the paralysis storyline.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

I wish I was that chill, lol. But yeah I will not be a happy camper if they name her Oracle. That should just not be happening. There is just no reason to give her a secondhand code name. There are tons of amazing code names she could have, the fandom has come up with plenty, the writers should be able to come up with something original (and it really should be light themed, huge missed opportunity if it's not original and light themed). Giving her a secondhand name is just lazy and cheap and uncool. Do not want that for her. And also yeah big no to a paralysis storyline. She's already got too many haters or clueless people who want to act like she's not a hero because she doesn't suit up and pummel bad guys, the last thing she needs is to be stuck in a chair. And I think she's got enough crap she's going to have to deal with coming up without adding that to the mix. Please no. I want lots of juicy storylines for Felicity but no to that one. Also I'm pretty sure though that DC took Oracle off the table entirely. Pretty sure DC still has other plans for the character. So I really highly doubt they are calling her Oracle.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 12-26-2015 at 11:02 PM
Old 12-27-2015, 01:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

But even they do the story, it will only strengthen Olicity I think

and when the wedding comes, christmas miracle or else, she walks again

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 12-27-2015, 01:24 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah I think it would only be temporary and ultimately strengthen Olicity, but still I'd really they rather not do that storyline, rather they find other ways to strengthen Olicity. I just don't want that for her at all. Really rather not see her of all people suffer like that especially not when she has some emotional gut punches coming with the William secret and her father reappearing. Felicity is strong and tough and can pretty much handle anything life throws at her but that doesn't mean the show needs to heap on the pain. She's suffered plenty as it is and will endure a lot this season. Like I said I want lots of juicy stroylines for her, the more Felicity the better, but I don't want her getting all pain all the time.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

They aren't going to put her in a wheelchair permanently.

Don't want her codename to be Oracle either.
Old 12-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I finally caught up on Arrow and was like at the last scene .. had to come over and make sure no one thinks Felicity could really be dead.

Interesting speculations! I will consider anything short of death acceptable at this point.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Don't worry she's not dead No one is dying before the end of the season and we already got plenty bts pics of Emily filming for future episodes !
Old 12-27-2015, 12:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the reassurance, Natacha!

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 12-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah no worries, Felicity is not dying now nor is she the one in the grave. They are never going to kill of Felicity. She's too popular and too important to the show and Oliver. Oliver would not survive her death and neither would Arrow. Doesn't make narrative sense or business sense. There are millions of reasons to not kill Felicity, and literally zero reasons to kill her. But they do get a lot out of playing it up like she could be dying. That creates a lot of buzz because she's so popular and nobody wants her to die. So they stir up the buzz that she could die b they will never kill her. I'm actually even wondering if they are going so hard on the Felicity could die stuff because whoever is dying really is a really big character (like a certain female comic book character) and the relief of it not being Felicity will soften the blow of the the real death. Just a thought.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Felicity is hurt now this is why she can't be in the grave what's the point of her getting hurt again and die that's why I don't think it's her.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

That's one of the many reasons why it's not her.

They go back to filming next Monday. Yay.