Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

Felicity Smoak #4:"Let's get one thing straight. The only person who gets to talk in sentence fragments around here is me. "

by : room to breathe

Nick Picks | What the DC Extended Universe Can Learn from Felicity Smoak | Flickreel

x
I wanted to do some good in the world.

Fans
#1: holding my heart
#2: unbreakable clarity
#3: shining distraction
#4: oxalys
#5: eternal◘fate
#6: Katiesocks
#7: Aeryn-crichton
#8: fire for a heart
#9: KeepThisaSecret
#10: SiredtoDamon
#11: Feena191
#12: {Melody}
#13: BeautifulContradiction
#14: AlwaysCB
#15: only dreaming
#16: dancing in the rain
#17: Laurababora
#18 : Charlone
#19 : Hot Rod
#20 : Beyond Insane
#21: baelfire24
#22: Japril
#23 : -Fated to Love-
#24: *Stephie*
#25: green eyes sparkle
#26:beardogg-x
#27 sourburst
#28. IBelieveInMiracles
#29. Arrow fan
#30. BlueDog9
#31. Chasity05

You saw her beauty
but not the i r o n underneath.

Source: smoakgifs

F u t u r e s t i t l e s i d e a s

“Felicity has to explore other options. She needs nourishment, support and love. Oliver wants that for her.”
“Felicity is a better hero than the star.”
"My shirt's on fire!"
"Seeing is believing, or...drooling"
"Boom. Drop the mic."
"Felicity Smoak. M.I.T Class of '09."
"One Belly Buster with benzodiazepine. Hold the Mayo."
"Felicity Smoak is one of the smartest women on the planet"

Magnus and Alec
Old 05-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Thanks for the new ! Love the title
Old 05-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

You're welcome. Glad you like it.

Magnus and Alec
Old 05-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Title rules

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 05-24-2016, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

TFTNT. I like the title.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

QUEEN

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

that was a rough year for her
Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Completely!

Old 05-25-2016, 06:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Our poor girl

Old 05-25-2016, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

tftnt
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 05-26-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

So how did you guys feel about her story ended this season?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Glad that she stayed in the city with Oliver. I wonder what are her projects now that she didn't have PT anymore
Old 05-26-2016, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

I am so glad she stayed with Oliver but honestly they need to do better with following through on her storylines and focusing more on her point of view about things. She was going to make a difference and help people who are paralyzed and stuff but then they took away her job for no reason other than to apparently give her and her father a mission but they've could've made that work without firing her. (Also they basically framed it like she didn't have time to do her job and be on TA yet Oliver is going to have time to run a city and be on TA? Okay then.) Though Emily did say she's technically still CEO so hopefully that means she'll get the job back for real. They should be begging her to come back sense she saved the city and world like she did. But where they really messed up is not really letting her be emotional over the job or the nuke thing for very long. Yes they had to safe the world at the time but it's a troubling pattern that they won't let the focus be on her emotions and her point of view very long. Like when her father first reappeared after 19 years and she sent him to prison. They shoved it into an episode where Thea was dying so the emotional focus that storyline deserved couldn't be on her. She and Oliver had some nice moments about it but still it should've been more. I am glad they are taking redeeming him slowly though. The paralysis thing I can accept was always going to be temporary. It was never going to work long term on this show and honestly between Ray shrinking and resurrecting a person who had been dead for a year and stuff like that they really couldn't pretend that finding a way for her to walk again was impossible. So for what it was, as short as it was, that they actually did pretty well with though really there should've been more focus on her then too. And when the William secret came out, William was kidnapped so she wasn't really allowed to be upset about it until it was all over and then it was like they wanted us to feel more sorry for Oliver because he had to send William away. And they never focused on her point of view in the break up enough.

Felicity is still a bad@ss brave strong brilliant superhero and Emily has been phenomenal all season long but they could definitely improve their writing with her in some ways. Just do better by her. Let her have the focus and time she deserves. But all in all she's been amazing this season, she's definitely proved she's the strongest of them all because she's kept fighting through all the crap thrown at her. She's felt her emotions but kept moving forward. She's so awesome. Which is why I really what them to do better by her. Yes it's Oliver's story but they can still stop dropping the ball on her storylines and let the emotional focus be on her when it should be.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 05-27-2016, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I don't think they fired her just so they could do the stealing plot. I agree with the rest of that huge post of yours though. Like Oliver not knowing her Dad was back til she told the team and how no one really reacted to it was terrible. A little more focus on her dealing with the shooting/wheelchair would have been nice. And definitely needed more from her/with her on the kid plot.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't mean that was definitely the reason they took her job from her. I was just trying to say that there really wasn't a good reason for it. The only thing it seemed to accomplish as giving her and her father something to do together. But they could've found a need for heist without her getting fired. They could've just said she was on thin ice with the board and couldn't just take tech from the company without explanation, and bam they have to steal it but she doesn't get fired. I mean they certainly didn't let her really deal with how much of a blow that must've been given how important the company and her implant plan were to her. I mean she had a few upset moments about it and they had to worry about the nukes and the possible end of the world but it was just once again they didn't let her deal with something that was a big deal. Of course when they cram it in at the end of the season of course they don't have time for it but still they need to do better with her. It's just frustrating that stuff that should be a big deal for her doesn't get proper time spent on it sometimes. Maybe they will go more into PT and her career next season though. Emily did say technically she is still CEO and I feel like Felicity would want to try and get her job back so maybe they'll address all of that in season 5 but still as of now it seemed totally pointless to fire her. Especially like I said when they want us to believe Oliver had time to run a city and be on TA but Felicity basically lost her job because she had trouble balancing running a company and being on TA. But anyway they just need to do better about giving her storylines proper time and focus.

Cramming her father coming back into her life after 19 years into an episode where Thea was dying was one of the biggest mistake though. It was fine they wanted to do the prison thing and come back to their story but before all that it should've been a bigger deal. It should've been in an episode where it could have more focus because it wa a huge deal, very emotional for her but of course Thea on the brink of death was going to trump it. Just like how of course rescuing William was going to trump Oliver and Felicity's relationship issues. They just need to stop cramming important storylines for her into episodes where there's no time to let her deal with it or where even bigger things are happening. That's actually a huge part of their problem, putting her important storylines in the wrong episodes for such important storylines. Hopefully they do better next season.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread