Old 12-09-2015, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Episode Discussion : [4x09] Dark Water

4x09: Dark Water
Airdate: December 9, 2015

Quote:
OLIVER TAKES ON HIVE — After the city is attacked again, Oliver (Stephen Amell) makes a bold move against HIVE. Malcolm (John Barrowman) checks in on Thea (Willa Holland) and leaves her with a warning. Things take a horrible turn when Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) retaliates in a brutal manner at Oliver’s mayoral holiday party. John Behring directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Ben Sokolowski (#409). Original airdate 12/9/2015.

oxalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 01:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

holy patootie

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Hold me it was wonderful !

Old 12-10-2015, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

Amazing episode!!

The clean up.. none of team arrow were picking up trash.

I loved seeing Laurel & Felicity with the kids, and it was cute that there was a mini-Felicity.
Oliver saved mini Felicity.. Fast forward to the end of the episode.. he's covering his Felicity's body while bullets come at them, who maybe intentionally is wearing a similar jacket to mini Felicity.

Mama Smoak! Oh, I love her. She needs to come back often. Re-watching the first scene she has in the loft with Felicity.. she's relieved that Felicity is okay and "It's awful.. who shoots up a bunch of people on the holidays?"
Which is exactly what ends up happening to her baby at the end of the ep..
Her scream as she found the ring was hilarious.
And.. in the Christmas decorations Oliver.. really? I wasn't really expecting Felicity to know before, but her reaction was great.

And it led to some great scenes.. Felicity slipping with the "practically engaged" and finally realising he was going to propose that night, and and the scenes where Oliver and Felicity address getting engaged/married head on.

I love that she went to her mum after she found out, and then to Oliver to straight up ask why he hadn't proposed 3 months later. (after the cute initial... 'nope, nevermind.' )

And of course DD comes in and interrupts, taking three very important people to Oliver. And at this point poor Donna.. she was so upset. I loved that Curtis was in the background hugging/comforting her after Oliver had to go.

I thought it was interesting that Felicity and Laurel pretty much said the same thing word for word about them them getting to decide if they need protection. There must have been a point to that.

I loved this from Felicity: "Isn't that the whole point of marriage, to get through the hard times because we are together, not in spite of it."
This makes me think that when the secret about William comes out.. they might not break up. Or that it might not be as bad as I was anticipating, though there will still be consequences.

The proposal.. I loved it. With the secret, and it being a public proposal.. I thought it would be tainted and not as good as a private thing, but I was wrong. I really loved it. Babies are engaged!!

.. but of course they can't be happily engaged too long.

They were super adorable in the limo. (just as a side note: someone posted gifs of olicity in the limo with gifs of a married couple in House of Cards, and while they weren't exactly the same, they looked fairly similar and it was interesting just because Emily and Stephen loved that show and watched some together) The kisses were so sweet, and their hands..
And then the bullets came. Oliver just covers her whole body with his to protect her, but if he didn't get her out of there they both would have died.
Knowing she'd get shot, I think I must have been watching for it because I noticed when the bullet got her, and red started coming out the spot.
Felicity looked pretty bad at the end, but she will pull though. But oh man.. it's going to be hard for Oliver and Donna next ep.
Also DD having a family.. while he just tries to kill Olivers.

Hmm.. what else..

"Congratulations Mr Darkh, you're famous." .. made me laugh.

As did Thea stopping and going "Is that my father?"

Also funny was Felicity finding out about her mum & Lance. "I'm going to hit myself over the head with something heavy so that I don't know."
Also LOL that Donna was already calling him her boyfriend and he's just laughing going.. I though this was one date.

I loved Felicity correcting Thea that it was holiday party, and Oliver then saying the same thing back when Felicity called it a Christmas party. He took note.

I can't believe we have to wait 6 weeks for a new ep.
Kyls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

I loved the proposal too I save my my anger for another day

I wonder how Damien's family didn't see the news ? Oliver outed him out to the press and he's rather easy to recognize
Old 12-12-2015, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Why, oh why, does Oliver propose before telling her about his son

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
Old 12-12-2015, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

^ I only know the writers motivation.. drama later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxalys (View Post)
I wonder how Damien's family didn't see the news ? Oliver outed him out to the press and he's rather easy to recognize
That's a good question.
Old 12-12-2015, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Always, separation before wedding!

Old 12-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought it was interesting that Felicity and Laurel pretty much said the same thing word for word about them them getting to decide if they need protection. There must have been a point to that.
Ive been saying the same thing but no one seems to really say much about it. Unless it was just suppose to hammer home the point in the flash forward where Oliver was saying he understood it wasn't his fault. They had both Laurel and Felicity hitting us over the head with the fact that they make their own choices and they choose when they need someone to protect them. So Im with you on wondering if that was suppose to mean something.

Quote:
Why, oh why, does Oliver propose before telling her about his son
I thought i was gonna be more angry about that then i was. Im still annoyed but not raging like i was last week when I knew he was gonna propose this episode. He almost lost her and in the end decided to propose because they fought through it all. I still dont like the lie hanging there but they did kind of hint that you fight through your problems when your together so we shall see how it plays out.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
Unless it was just suppose to hammer home the point in the flash forward where Oliver was saying he understood it wasn't his fault.
Possibly, though they could have changed it up a little than having the exact same wording. Though I guess maybe it was more noticeable to the audience this way.

Plus they did a line from Lance to Laurel that was in a previous script (deleted) from Oliver to Felicity "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you."

I never really considered Laurel to be a real candidate for being the flash forward grave (beyond thinking it was a possibility to be anyone ) but this ep made me wonder. She and Felicity say the same thing here, and Felicity gets shot. If Felicity makes it through okay.. well what about Laurel? Could be that she gets in a similar situation and doesn't come out okay?
Or maybe there's some other reason for the same line that we just don't know yet. But I don't think it's nothing.
Old 12-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I never suscribe to Laurel as a possibility either. However, last episode was the first time I thought maybe. I still doubt it's her though. I think Lance als it feels even more likely now after this episode for me.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:29 AM
Elite Fan

#1: Felicity thinks a winter wedding would be beautiful. Fandom theory is that a wedding could be in 5x08 for a crossover, plus it would be the 100th ep. And that would make it a winter wedding. Foreshadowing..?

#2: I love that they mentioned Australia having a summer christmas/holidays. (because I'm Aussie, and also Emily stayed & worked in Australia for a while. Curious where.. )

#3: Felicity's confused face in the bottom gif is adorable.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

How would you see their wedding?

Old 12-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

I bet it won't go without a glitch
Old 12-29-2015, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just caught up fully! OMG what an episode!! We got so many highs and lows and that ending!

I will write my full recap later when I have got my head around all that happened!
Reply   Post New Thread