Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2016, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

It's a shame that E online isn't doing anything.

I don't think the cast really care about those polls.

Please vote it ends tomorrow Swoonies 2016: TV Edition—Final Round! by Team H & H

Last edited by Arrow fan; 06-30-2016 at 10:28 AM
Old 06-30-2016, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

either they will do something later or they don't care and then good for them to figure this out

Thanks for sharing the last poll !
Old 06-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Your welcome.

TV Scoop Awards 2016: Vote for the Best TV Fandom and Best Cast on Twitter | E! News
Old 06-30-2016, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

^Definitely vote in those! Maybe the cheating won't happen in those.

Why is it good for them if eonline doesn't care? It's not that polls are a huge deal but they should care that people are hacking their polls to win. That's not the point of these polls and it's not how anyone should want to run their website. So no not good for them if they continue to ignore it. They should do something. Not sure they will since they can't even bother to return emails, I know they probably get a lot but seriously what is the point of having a way to contact them if they never respond, but they really shouldn't allow crap like that.

The cast is very appreciate for stuff then one like SOTY and the trophies they won last year but there are a lot of polls and they probably know there are ways to cheat them and it's also honestly just a portion of the fandom voting a lot so while they love that fans are passionate, it's just not a huge deal to them. I'm just say we don't think we have to take it personally. It doesn't mean they don't love the fans. I haven't really heard of any casts tweeting or anything about these polls. And honestly SA promoted the crap out of the Alpha Male madness award and it apparently didn't motivate us enough because we still lost (and part of that was I think people giving up because I saw some admitting that and also some are just not even wiling to try) so his may sound and but we didn't exactly endorse him to do that more when we lost anyway so after that we can't really complain much about them for promoting these polls more. Not that he's not appreciative of how far we got him and and stuff but if it makes no difference then it gives him less reason to tweet and stuff. I don't know, I just think it doesn't matter too much if they acknowledge the polls or not. It's cool when they do for sure but a) we don't do the polls for them we do them to express our passion for Olicity and because we might get an interview or something and b) polls alone will never change anything on any show. I like winning them, it's a great way to show our passion and love for Olicity, a good way to create buzz but losing them doesn't really mean people don't love Olicity anymore or that haters won or anything like that. Especially not when cheating is involved. It sucks to lose and it's fun and awesome to win but Olicity is endgame either way so we don't have to let the losses affect us so badly. Though I really do want another interview with SA/EBR since the CW sucks so much at promoting Arrow.

2016 GreenArrowTV Awards: Pick The Best Actor (Female) From Arrow Season 4! | GreenArrowTV

^Best actress is up on Greenarrowtv poll. I voted for Emily obviously because she was phenomenal this season. She's awesome every season!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 07-01-2016, 02:22 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
I don't think the cast really care about those polls.
I don't think so either, especially SA. He's said as much online in the past 6 months or something.
And I do get it, as there are lots of problems with polls. But.. he said this in regards to like.. olicity polls, and then not long after was promoting voting in polls for himself.
So I'm just a bit like.. why one and not the other? I don't think it's something that they have to do, but I do think it's nice when actors from other shows promote these kind of things. It probably does help with motivating people to vote, acknowledging them promoting the show etc.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

I think he was mostly talking about stuff like the TCA ? Honestly I don't mind them not promoting it, then I don't feel bad about not voting

Thanks for the new one IBelieve, Voted for Emily too !
Old 07-01-2016, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Can you vote once or twice from GreenArrowTv?
Old 07-01-2016, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

once by device for me
Old 07-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not directing this at anyone in here and I'm sorry if it sounds bad, but honestly I think in general this fandom is way too worried about whether the cast retweets polls and what not. As in like it must mean something horrible if they aren't. But I don't think it does. First of all very few celebs do tweet about polls they are in, I'm not sure if any celebs are tweeting about these eonline polls, if any are its nowhere close to all of them. And I kind of get where SA is coming from in that there are like a million constant polls and it would get ridiculous for him to be constantly asking people to vote for him. And I mean most of these polls are just a fraction of the fandom voting a lot and cheating is pretty much rampant and there are so many so how can any of them really choose which to tweet about? And I mean yes it's awesome if he or any of them do retweet about it and it should be good motivation but when he did it for the Alpha male one we still lost to a guy who had already won once (and thus really shouldn't have been in the poll again). So we didn't exactly give a him a reason to think tweeting about a poll will change anything. And maybe that's another reason he doesn't do it, he doesn't want to get himself and the fandom all worked up just to lose. That's totally guessing but you never know. Or with Olicity ones maybe he feels like tweeting about them could invite more hate whereas polls jail about him are different because when things are about a ship they are just different. I don't know but I don't think it's personal or means he or any of them don't appreciate the fans and put passion. He and Emily were very appreciate of SOTY and the eonline polls last year. We got thank yous and eventually a thank you vid. Emily thanked us for the social media Queen one and she I believe tweeted a thank you just for almost winning girl on top for her. And I don't know about this year but last year they both tweeted thanks about TCAs nons I believe. So I mean it's not like they've never acknowledged polls and stuff, they have. But ultimately we don't do the polls for them. It's great to get to show them we love them but we do them because we love Olicity and can potentially win interviews and stuff. Yes it's awesome when they do but we shouldn't worry so much about needing that stuff to happen but it's not going to happen a lot. And it's not really the point and online polls just aren't a huge deal to celebs. But it doesn't mean they don't love those fans and our passion, they do, they've shown they do. They've just got a lot going on and constant polls are never going to be a priority for any celeb and also they aren't perfect. Doesn't mean we shouldn't do them, we should because we love our ship and cast and we could get interviews and such but it's really not a huge deal that they don't tweet about them much. Yeah there could and should be some improvement in how they promote show but not tweeting about polls does not mean anything horrible. Honestly we are lucky to have any kind of interaction with them. Didn't always used to be this way.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 07-01-2016 at 11:12 PM
Old 07-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxalys (View Post)
once by device for me
I voted twice on the same device.
Old 07-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Good ! As long you don't get the "we've already counted your vote" it works
Old 07-05-2016, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

A. Thena Agron – ‏@AThenaAgron

#Olicity fans, I voted for Felicity Smoak for Most Beloved Female TV Character From The ’00s Onwards? VOTE! Who Is The Most Beloved Female TV Character From The ’00s Onwards? VOTE! | People's Choice
Old 07-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Voted. Thanks for it !
Old 07-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

EW's Fall TV Cover Battle: Vote for our cover star! | EW.com

^Did you guys see this? We can win Arrow a cover for Entertainment Weekly magazine! So vote! We need the promotion since the CW refuses to do it. I think it's once a day but I'm not sure. And I don't think the 100 is on this list so no worries about them cheating again. I hope we win! It would be so cool!
Old 07-08-2016, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Emily Bett Rickards

Voted, thanks !
Closed Thread   Post New Thread