Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

And Amy's

eta

Great review alert! ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ Season 2 Episode 9 Recap: “The Road Trip”

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

tumblr | ao3 | youtube | visit b99

Last edited by DanicaShipper; 12-01-2014 at 12:35 PM
DanicaShipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Addicted Fan

I really enjoyed that episode, it did frustrate me at first that it felt like nothing was going to happen and then BLAMMO! Teddy of all people tells it how it is ( to borrow Gina's phrase)
I enjoyed the scene where Jake found out that Amy liked him back and the way he looked at her, it was almost like for a moment Teddy and Sophia had become obsolete. Jake didn't even immediately go after Sophia when she left, it was only when Amy excused herself that Jake seemed to snap out it. It was a really nice moment though because you could see that little look of hope in his face when he realised she did/does feel something for him. I didn't much care for the Holt/Boyle subplot even though I like both the characters I just felt it was a bit 'meh' I liked the stuff going on with Rosa and I can sympathise with her having had horrendous cold over the weekend. The stuff with the creepy dolls/puppets made me laugh, seriously why would you book yourself into a room with creepy dolls unless you're a fan of 'Chucky'? Anyway, this episode definitely didn't disappoint and something there to satisfy Jamy fans.
pio231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

The only reason I wasn't crazy about Rosa's storyline was the fact that this kind of storyline is so overused. I'm sick of it. Get over it, it's just a cold.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the review links, Danica.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanicaShipper (View Post)
Thanks.

well said:

Quote:
“The Road Trip” wasn’t about Amy and Jake becoming something more, but instead about letting Amy admit to the fact that she has considered the idea of them being something more. Before, Jake’s feelings were an issue just for him to deal with. Now, though, it’s an open debate for the both of them, their feelings simmering under the surface of their friendship.
I've been waiting for them to give us some insight into Amy's thoughts/feelings and we finally got them! I'm thinking the main reason why Amy picked up smoking is because she's been stressed about how to break up with Teddy?

I enjoyed the other subplots. It was nice seeing Rosa realizing that her mental toughness has its limits

Whenever Charles teaches anyone about food/cooking is always entertaining to see
Old 12-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Master Fan

The cold thing is so relatable. But, you're right Monika, it's not that big deal and it is overused. I still enjoyed, though

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 12-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoyed the Rosa/Terry/Gina plot more than I enjoyed the Holt/Charles plot, tbh, but that's mainly because the Holt/Charles plot had some really nagging continuity issues (that I'd already brought up in the Holt/Charles thread ).

Also, because seeing Rosa high is everything. I love that she wasn't normal Rosa, but her behaviour was still very much Rosa-like and didn't head into Stephanie territory. Props to Steph for playing it like that.

But I think we can all guess what the favourite plot was this week. I did not expect everything to come out in the open like that, but oh my god, that was wonderful. And as I give props to Stephanie for playing less subtle this week, I have to give mad props to Andy for doing the exact opposite. Those barely there smiles when Amy admits she likes him... Be still my heart! And poor, sweet, neurotic Amy trying to break up with Teddy and writing a break up speech... I love her so much.

I also really love the look Jake and Amy shared when Sophia and Teddy walked out on them. The longing. Gaaaaaaah.

Sophia and Teddy were both great too. Teddy dropping those truth bombs like woah, and Sophia is just really awesome. Anyone who would think a room with dolls would be funny is an awesome person in my book tbh.
splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Addicted Fan

I wonder if this was another bit of improv by Andy?

Old 12-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Seems like Eva's reaction was pretty genuine.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

I say burn all those dolls... before they burn you

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 12-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

That does look like a genuine laugh. Those dolls were freaky and I could've done without the Jake/Sophia makeout scenes
Old 12-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

thanks! The reviewer is clearly a Jake/Amy fan

Love this bit as well:

Quote:
Runner up, due to bumper sticker worthiness: “I want a sandwich. I make a sandwich. I eat a sandwich.” - Holt on his food policy.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Holt has some great lines.. do I smell survivor?

Mostly Brooklyn99 stuff

Old 12-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Elite Fan

I already know which would win: "Hot Damn!"

But let's still do it!
Reply   Post New Thread