Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Unique for the win!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 11-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Elite Fan

Old 01-03-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bringing this up for my dear co-mod Rocky who will soon be showering you with awesomeness/starting season 1
Old 01-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I just started Pilot. Here we go!
Old 01-03-2017, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Roll on! Can't wait to see how it goes
Old 01-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Peralta goofing off at the electronics store (i.e. reciting the Donnie Brasco speech, playing with the keyboard) but ultimately solving the burglary (with Fuzzy Cuddle-bear) was awesome.

I started feeling shippy vibes right away between Peralta and Santiago. She smiled at Fuzzy Cuddle-bear, they almost bumped into each other when they brought the suspects in, and she wrote the number '24' in very, very small handwriting on the whiteboard. More, please!

The first exchange between Peralta and Holt was exactly what I expected. I knew that Holt was going to challenge Peralta's carefree attitude at the precinct. Holt made Peralta finish his description of what Holt was going to be like, and he told him that he expected him to wear a tie. I think I'm going to enjoy them butting heads.

I loved the official introductions of Diaz, Boyle, Santiago and Peralta. Diaz's intimidation of Hitchcock into telling her who had her for Secret Santa, Boyle's muffin vs counter exchange, Santiago's hot sauce challenge and Peralta described as the best detective in the precinct but not acting like a grown-up.

Last edited by rocky845; 01-03-2017 at 05:54 PM
Old 01-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Whoo hoo! Welcome! Hope you like it

ETA: Nice, great thoughts! It does establish the series really well, so the connections in this episode are carried over well in the show.

Last edited by evesix; 01-03-2017 at 05:55 PM
Old 01-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
Peralta goofing off at the electronics store (i.e. reciting the Donnie Brasco speech, playing with the keyboard) but ultimately solving the burglary (with Fuzzy Cuddle-bear) was awesome.

I started feeling shippy vibes right away between Peralta and Santiago. She smiled at Fuzzy Cuddle-bear, they almost bumped into each other when they brought the suspects in, and she wrote the number '24' in very, very small handwriting on the whiteboard. More, please!

The first exchange between Peralta and Holt was exactly what I expected. I knew that Holt was going to challenge Peralta's carefree attitude at the precinct. Holt made Peralta finish his description of what Holt was going to be like, and he told him that he expected him to wear a tie. I think I'm going to enjoy them butting heads.

I loved the official introductions of Rosa, Boyle, Santiago and Peralta. Rosa's intimidation of Hitchcock into telling her who had her for Secret Santa, Boyle's muffin vs counter exchange, Santiago's hot sauce challenge and Peralta described as the best detective in the precinct but not acting like a grown-up.
Now that's what I'm talking about
Old 01-03-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofutti (View Post)
Whoo hoo! Welcome! Hope you like it

ETA: Nice, great thoughts! It does establish the series really well, so the connections in this episode are carried over well in the show.
I'm already enjoying it so much, and I've only watched half the first episode.

I look forward to discovering the connections.

I loved that Holt saw potential in Peralta and he just wanted to make him (and the precinct) slightly more professional. Let's see if Holt can make Peralta the man he knows he can be. "That went well." "No, it didn't." "He's got, like, super-hearing."

I'm kind of rooting for Boyle and Diaz. Ah, unrequited love, why must you be so intriguing?

Gina is hilarious! When Holt asked her to disclose the details of Peralta and Santiago's bet, she shared more than he probably wanted to know. I bet he regretted asking her about it after that, huh?
Old 01-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well you know me, I won't do spoilers
Old 01-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Rats! Just when I thought I was out...you pull me back in.

I loved that Peralta thought he had gotten one over on Holt by wearing the shirt and tie and not wearing pants, but Holt showed once again why he can't be gotten.

Gina was right when she said that she got a little bit of a gay vibe from Holt? Huh. I am also not a good detective, because I didn't figure it out either. =p

Aw, Diaz likes Boyle's company and she thinks he's sweet.

Peralta figured out why Holt wanted the detectives to wear ties. Go, Peralta!

"That's how we do it at the Nine-Nine, sir: catch bad guys and look good doing it."

Peralta never took off the speedo!
Old 01-03-2017, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They really started it off great
Old 01-03-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Excellent series premiere! TPTB came up with characters that are so amazing that they make you want to keep watching the show. I think I'm going to love this show even more with more episodes that I watch.

Do you want to watch one more episode tonight?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread